For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
This is gonna sound ignorant and uninformed but..

Black kids ain't black no more, our cultural identity is being diluted by the internet and lack of tradition being passed down.

In essence, our black kids in general are more like white kids than ever before and have been adopting their issues as well. CSC, drug use, suicide, etc..

Remember when you used to be able to hear that something happened and you immediately knew the race of the person before you saw a picture? I've been wrong a lot more lately when trying to do that.
I agree 100%. I said this in 2017 when a similar report came out. I'm afraid shyt will only get worse because a lot of black men are struggling and society doesn't seem to give a fukk.

Suicide, mass shootings etc are influenced by culture(generally not a black thing). The more assimilated we become the more likely we are to engage in those behaviors.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Basically ever since 2018 the black teenage suicide rates have sky rocketed. I personally think that it has something to do with the inflation that started in 2016 (that's when those Airbnb and "house flipping" weirdos started going crazy. Also private equity firms started buying up homes at a faster rate). This needs more attention since these kids are being hit from all sides. Now they also have to deal with anti black racism being all over social media. Please protect your kids from social media!!!
I swear to God some of the dumbest nikkas on earth post on this forum....:mjlol:

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I also do not believe the data of Black kids comming suicide, I know a lot of Black teens and I have never heard of a Black teen commit suicide
Adolescent suicide is pretty rare (8.1 per 100K for black adolescents in 2022), so the odds are against you knowing of any cases even if you know lots of black teens.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Fatherlessness was more common in the past since teen pregnancies were higher, despite this those suicide rates back then were almost non existant.

Because the single most important factor in childhood development isn't actually a two parent home. It's if they eat breakfast everyday from birth-12 years old and if they have stable home lives (which isn't solely dependent on two parents but it helps.)

OP's point is really interesting because kids being in constant flux is a recipe for disaster.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I also do not believe the data of Black kids comming suicide, I know a lot of Black teens and I have never heard of a Black teen commit suicide

It's very much so a thing. Just not among millenials. Gen Z are struggling mentally out here. They've lost vital years of socialization and connection. Couple that with black boys ALREADY having issues connecting with others and it's a major problem.

One of my younger brother's classmates unalived himself a couple years ago. A friend of my sister jumped in the river and drowned over the pandemic.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Being inundated with violence, drugs and the bullshyt on social media is a recipe for disaster. We really need a reset :francis:
And never mind the mindless Gen X and Millennial men pushing shytty podcasts just confusing these young men. And the COVD years fukked a lot of our boys up.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just found this video short on YouTube. I think the youngins are finding it hard to find meaning in their lives because they want so much to be different from everything that history says is legit. Of course there are so many other reasons but it was kinda eye opening.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s because the lack of religion in today’s society especially among black youth whose parents the generation before had them going to church

You could say then”older generation” failed them.

Now we got black kids with mental health issues and their only escape is social media which can only make things worse

This youth generation has no religion or faith. So no hope.

And if anything they got Hebrew Israelites :banderas:

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Black kids ain't black no more, our cultural identity is being diluted by the internet and lack of tradition being passed down.

In essence, our black kids in general are more like white kids than ever before and have been adopting their issues as well. CSC, drug use, suicide, etc..

Remember when you used to be able to hear that something happened and you immediately knew the race of the person before you saw a picture? I've been wrong a lot more lately when trying to do that.

You 100% hit the nail on the head. These are most likely suburbanites and biracials raised in white environments.

Not to mention the rise of the "emo"/weird nikkas. Those kids who look and dress like XXXTenacion and swear their life is in turmoil. Doing all sorts of drugs that black people dont traditionally do.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Being inundated with violence, drugs and the bullshyt on social media is a recipe for disaster. We really need a reset :francis:
This plus the constant bashing of black men on the internet and social media...people are internalizing all that. It's social engineering to use divide and conquer techniques on the black community....women calling us the "dustiest group of men," etc.

But some black men contribute to us not looking the best. We promote "pawgs" too much and put basic Beckys on pedestals whereas it isn't deserved and they turn around and shyt on us. Now black women putting bottom shelf Brads on pedestals and becoming the new "Mei Lings."

We are a race who has too many disloyal and treasonous people on both sides.

But if this isn't u and it doesn't apply....let it fly. This is for the black folks who has loads of self hatred.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeap, and denying themselves and their own sovereignty to be around them as well. It feels bad to see this. Like the knowledge has grown but the self worth has dropped with the knowledge. Weird