For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Basically ever since 2018 the black teenage suicide rates have sky rocketed. I personally think that it has something to do with the inflation that started in 2016 (that's when those Airbnb and "house flipping" weirdos started going crazy. Also private equity firms started buying up homes at a faster rate). This needs more attention since these kids are being hit from all sides. Now they also have to deal with anti black racism being all over social media. Please protect your kids from social media!!!

When I first read your statement, I thought it was bird babble. After thinking about it, I think you make a real interesting point. If young men cannot afford housing it will definitely impact their purpose in life which can put them in interesting positions.

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
psychological warfare against black people is a default setting in amerikkka and the kids cant take it. You could kinda see this coming with black kids being brainwashed by the media and entertainment. Nothing but a sunken place and toxic environment for seeding dark thoughts and self destructive behavior

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Social media is the ultimate thief of joy.
The world is more connected than ever, today kids are being bombarded with constant IG/YouTube/Twitch content focused on living the most exciting life known to man, but they’re too naive to see through the lie.
Online culture centered around clowning any and everything without limit, constant ridicule for the most asinine things, bad advice from grifters etc..
It’s fukking bad right now.

Women constantly breaking barriers, yet men are still beholden to past gender roles upheld by both sexes. This current gen of young men are confused beyond words because they have no solid structure to build from, the world is changing yet we aren’t being taught to change with it.
Young Black men especially, considering how easy it is for us to be dismissed when we don’t fit a stereotype by our own community as well as outsiders.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Social media is the ultimate thief of joy.
The world is more connected than ever, today kids are being bombarded with constant IG/YouTube/Twitch content focused on living the most exciting life known to man, but they’re too naive to see through the lie.
Online culture centered around clowning any and everything without limit, constant ridicule for the most asinine things, bad advice from grifters etc..
It’s fukking bad right now.

Women constantly breaking barriers, yet men are still beholden to past gender roles upheld by both sexes. This current gen of young men are confused beyond words because they have no solid structure to build from, the world is changing yet we aren’t being taught to change with it.
Young Black men especially, considering how easy it is for us to be dismissed when we don’t fit a stereotype by our own community as well as outsiders.

Imagine being a 14 year old with no solid men around you. And you have access to social media? It would def destroy your psych.

We give age limits to cigarettes , alcohol, operate a fire arm, but not to consuming toxic social media?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yea what do you think will happen when these boys are abused and tormented at home, degraded online by everyone, described as violent, self-hating sexual predators by Black women on any media that will allow them, blasted with music about killing them 24/7 and living under enemy occupation as out group men :francis:

Black boys have been left defenseless by Black men and are being demoralized
One of my main gripes with them SYSBM cats is this. No thoughts on helping black boys navigate this predicament.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This is gonna sound ignorant and uninformed but..

Black kids ain't black no more, our cultural identity is being diluted by the internet and lack of tradition being passed down.

In essence, our black kids in general are more like white kids than ever before and have been adopting their issues as well. CSC, drug use, suicide, etc..

Remember when you used to be able to hear that something happened and you immediately knew the race of the person before you saw a picture? I've been wrong a lot more lately when trying to do that.
I noticed this as well. Also, a lot of the OGs that they would have had the culture passed down to are either homeless, locked up, or aren't in these kids' neighborhoods. How many black kids nowadays even know who Herbie Hancock and Donald Byrd are, and why they're so important? meanwhile teens like Nas regularly played Sly and the family stone/parliament funkadelic.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not going to argue with what his mother says was a contributing factor.

As to the bold, "in the past" when?

number-of-black-families-with-a-female-householder-in-the-us.jpg

It's been higher, but it's much higher than it was in the 90s.
Damn wtf. Why was there a spike from 2000 to 2010?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's a gumbo of things. I don't think you can just point to one thing to blame.

Social Media crashout and clout chasing
Feeling like the most hated demographic by society
Self-destructive culture
Lowest earners
Highest divorce/Lowest marriage rates
Food deserts
Gender wars
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc
And that's in addition to what we come up against that everyone else deals with in a day.
I feel like these are the major ones. Maslow's heirarchy of needs. A lot of this shyt started to get worse as inflation went up. I feel like it would have been prevented if black elders had set up some kind of "fund" during the 2010s based on crypto. Then used that fund to invest back in the community. But that would've required foresight. We cant control CACs intentionally trying to price us out of living in America, but we could have secretly invested in crypto during the 2010s to counteract the shyt they throwing at us (im talking about large community based funds, in secret).

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I agree 100%. I said this in 2017 when a similar report came out. I'm afraid shyt will only get worse because a lot of black men are struggling and society doesn't seem to give a fukk.
Society doesntc are bc its essentially genocide by way of deaths of despair. If you think about it, this is what happened to Native American men. I remember being a kid reading about how common it was for Native American men to drink themselves to death or commit suicide on reservations. No one seemeed to care and CACs were quiet. There was even a report that showed that CAC men were the most common perpertrators of femicide among Native American women on reservations, but Native American men got blamed for it. Despite this, it wasnt known in the mainstream. Eventually once Native American numbers started to nosedive CACs finally admitted that it was white men commiting the femicides as well as the societal genocide of Native American men. There's a reason why CACs want to criminalize homelessness so bad, but pedophiles barely get more than 6 months in jail. Once they mark you for genocide they use the justice system and access to capital (by denying you access to capital and the free market) in order to push you to a corner.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Because the single most important factor in childhood development isn't actually a two parent home. It's if they eat breakfast everyday from birth-12 years old and if they have stable home lives (which isn't solely dependent on two parents but it helps.)

OP's point is really interesting because kids being in constant flux is a recipe for disaster.
THIISSS. This is overlooked so much yet its essential. It's why conservative christians hate free breakfast programs and food stamps, despite their commitment to "feeding the poor". Kids who dont get enough nutrients before puberty will:
1) Have development issues
2) more likely to have health problems
3) More likely to be short
4) lower cognitive abilities etc.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Black life getting cut off early in adolescent years and near the end in senior years. Some serious intervention needs to be done by it's members.
True but the elders dont seem to care. If you look at this new breed of "elders" that we have (the ones with access to capital and means), they tend to promote:
1) Segregation. Think of those greek life types. They only help AKAs and Ques, no community commitment outside of that.
2) "we not like them" attitude. They actually promote intergration with upper class nigerians, bahamians etc. over their own kinfolk who are working class or poor. It's why donations to the Urban League for example have hit historic lows.
3) Just like CACs, many of them have racist views regarding black boys. Some of the most racist shyt I've heard recently came from new blacks from PG county area describing black kids from baltimore as low IQ, remidial, and "need to be removed". Its why they always retweet that Dr Umar "they need to go" meme.
It's just repackaged 1990s crime bill era rhetoric.