Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Dressing stylish is a APTITUDE and Skill.
Breh that have that aptitude are the Future and Westside Gunn type brehs in the black community.

If you are a square coli breh / Russel Wilson type breh you will Need female input (preferably Black female or Pawg) on how to style at least initially/partially.

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
Also shop clearance sales and Christmas Black Friday sales for Deep discounts on outerwear because it doesnt really have to be this year's fashion season for stuff like that and you can get quality

Asicz

Daps
Also young nikkas 30 and under a lot of y'all are dressing for other nikkas, master the basics first. Trying to immulate a a younger newer rapper style can lead you astray.

1. New rappers get away with murder style wise because of who they are.
They don't dress very masculine but they can pull it off because their money is masculine

Last edited:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
You keep saying this but is either untrue or irrelevant because you made the thread in the first place one.

Good thread topic by the way.
Low-key important topic coli type breh overlook imo.
I dress well, actually my ex was a stylist and liked my style as well.

I'm 29, got a lil bag now so I want to add some higher quality pieces and accessories. I can afford purple jeans over pacsun, I can buy a solid seiko over fashion watches, move from stan smiths to common projects/koios.

But I would be disheartened as a bytch if I spent enough and the quality wasn't any different and faded, pilled up, shrinks, loses form, like the shyt i buy now. That's where I'm at, locking in on stuff I can keep for 5 years vs 5 washes.

I'm out of my lane since I never spend over $200 on any piece of clothing.

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Find your own sense of style. Look all over for inspiration and pick stuff that speaks to you. You won't find something right away and don't be afraid to try new things. You'll eventually find a look you like and that will change as you get older.
- Staples. These are items every man should own like a suit, boots, jeans or a dress shirt. Don't be cheap here. Find something of quality that'll last cuz these should be the foundation of an outfit.
- Fit. All brands sizing are different. You'll rarely ever find something that fits perfectly but you should at least find something that's close. Don't be afraid to get something tailored. A tailor can make a $20 shirt look like $100.
- Money/Brands/Quality. Don't spend too much on extreme ends. Fast fashion that doesn't last and looks like knockoffs or higher ends that can come off as gaudy. You won't really help yourself here.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They back

:ahh:

030421_avirex_landing_page_mobile.jpg

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
You don’t have to match every single color

That shyt comes off goofy and try hard

I personally don’t like to rock clothes that have logos showing everywhere. It looks tacky to me.

mostly all of my casual shyt is Nike so there will be a swoosh or a little logo in the top left corner or something.

but confidence is key no matter what. Wear clothes your your size and don’t sag your pants too heavy

Asicz

Daps

I'm 29, got a lil bag now so I want to add some higher quality pieces and accessories. I can afford purple jeans over pacsun, I can buy a solid seiko over fashion watches, move from stan smiths to common projects/koios.

But I would be disheartened as a bytch if I spent enough and the quality wasn't any different and faded, pilled up, shrinks, loses form, like the shyt i buy now. That's where I'm at, locking in on stuff I can keep for 5 years vs 5 washes.

But see not to be discouraging but

I

But see not to sound discouraging but I feel like in these current times it is very difficult to find let's say a nice regular price moderately priced Black T shirt and jeans and not have to replace or in a year and yeah maybe you can extend by following care instructions to the T and not using dryer heat but I don't know if I'm willing to put the time in energy into that ( maybe if I was younger I kind of did that stuff) . Now I just accepted the fact that I will unless I'm lucky HAVE to buy new denim or certain shirts almost yearly.
This aint the 2000s the 90s or 80s 70s where the textiles the and production of clothing was different and made to LAST and survive regular home washing machine laundering.

I mean some of the coli breh gave you some good care tips to extend life and look of clothing but even then you may still have to replace it just only last 6 months longer. Even after all that work.

Then also realistically you know if you are a messy or careful cautious type with gear.
I'm am oungg shyt at home and in public in my gear. That is gone have wear tear accidents spills etc. I will HAVE to replace.

The days of rocking the same piece of gear for years or the better part of a decade are largely GONE.

Just fukk with Gap and Bana Republic amongst other because guesss what the Gap signed Kanye West who is one of the literal biggest fashion icons of the 21st century for a reason.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
I've always been a Fly nikka.

levi 501's taylored to fit me.
Polo tees,sock,draws,hoodies,sweats,button ups etc.
Sneakers: Jordan 1's/3's/11s/12's,Black chucks,Shelltoes,
coke white stans.

I got a few leather gucci leather jackets,
gucci trek boots and some gucci hoodies
but i'm boycott'n them shyts like sal's pizzaria.
More than anything else.
I wake up everyday knowing I'm cold mutha fukka.

UKVu0t8.gif

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
you about to get sent in every direction at once

the secret is studying yourself

once you know what's for you then you can develop a visual language that communicates that clearly

no one outside yourself can really style you to perfection

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I've always been a Fly nikka.

levi 501's taylored to fit me.
Polo tees,sock,draws,hoodies,sweats,button ups etc.
Sneakers: Jordan 1's/3's/11s/12's,Black chucks,Shelltoes,
coke white stans.

I got a few leather gucci leather jackets,
gucci trek boots and some gucci hoodies
but i'm boycott'n them shyts like sal's pizzaria.
More than anything else.
I wake up everyday knowing I'm cold mutha fukka.

UKVu0t8.gif
That don’t make you a fly dude but if you feel that way fine