Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Place Amongst the Modern Greats

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
ATG lists are not based upon skill....it's based upon what you DO with that skill. RJJ is one of the most skilled fighters ever. Off of just skill and in no order, SRR, SRL, Ali, RJJ, and Floyd would make up the top 5 fighters ever. However, with ATG lists, you go by their RESUMES and via resume only, Floyd is nowhere near TBE...and I have never seen an All-time list with Floyd inside the Top 20:manny:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
ATG lists are not based upon skill....it's based upon what you DO with that skill. RJJ is one of the most skilled fighters ever. Off of just skill and in no order, SRR, SRL, Ali, RJJ, and Floyd would make up the top 5 fighters ever. However, with ATG lists, you go by their RESUMES and via resume only, Floyd is nowhere near TBE...and I have never seen an All-time list with Floyd inside the Top 20:manny:

Any list is all relative

The thing with comparing resumes of fighter from different eras is a lot of revisionist history comes into play
Fighters from the earlier eras fought TONS of bums, most considered boxing just a hobby/side hustle

People use accolades to gauge how Good a fighter is/was a lot of times, but any boxing head know sometimes it's BS...we all know Manny was never a True 154 champ, but the history books will say he was.

I look on Floyd Resume and I see no slouches, everybody he's fought in the last ten years has been considered near a elite level fighter for this era

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
Thoughts?

1. I don't get how people can do p4p rankings and include fighters who don't even have videos out there, but I do understand because we're just a generation or two removed from people who DID see them fight. But that's a personal matter.

2. HOF isn't solely about "being good" - it's people who will be remembered. So I REALLY don't get anyone talking trash about Gatti. He'll be remembered long after most people in this era. 100 years from now are dads gonna be saying to their kids "watch this brilliant Mayweather vs Maidana or Mayweather vs Cotto fight, it was one of the greatest in history" or will they be saying "watch Gatti vs Ward or Gatti vs Ward III or Gatti vs Robinson or Gatti vs Ruelas" ... :skip: exactly

3. No doubt, this era pretty much sucks. I'm sure the fighters are just as good but they don't fight any threats anymore and it's lame. The only guy who I give proper credit to is Ricky Hatton. He didn't give a fukk and got KO'ed twice but he wanted to test himself against the best. He'll be more of a legend to me than Mayweather or Pacquiao ever were.

Maybe I'm going on extreme hater mode but as soon as Mayweather and Pacquiao "made it" who did they fight? Nothing but extremely handpicked convenient opponents.

Pacquiao top notch opponents after he "made it" that weren't on the slide: Bradley, Marquez
Mayweather top notch opponents after he "made it" that weren't on the slide: Canelo, Hatton

they've beat plenty of "B guys" but isn't that what they were supposed to do anyway?
Yeah that always bugs me, like Henry Armstrong and Sam Langford are always in the top 3 of somebodies p4p but its barley any footage if any at all...it bugs me as a martial artist myself cause I would love to study footage of guys like Langford and Armstrong to see how such smaller men beat such physically bigger men in competition.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yeah that always bugs me, like Henry Armstrong and Sam Langford are always in the top 3 of somebodies p4p but its barley any footage if any at all...it bugs me as a martial artist myself cause I would love to study footage of guys like Langford and Armstrong to see how such smaller men beat such physically bigger men in competition.

I think cause Henry had every title from 110 to like 160. And there was only like 4 titles between your divisions at that time lmao.

Hagler woulda knocked Floyd into mars in 3 rounds.

Edit: this cocksucker really didn't have hagler in his top 20? :dead:

List is void :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't post here at all but goddamn that banner is well deserved :wow:

Andre Ward SAID IT NOT ME

Why because I can prove my points with facts and emotions

@krackdagawd flat out laid when he said it's videos of Ward speaking on Hopkins has it does Floyd in regards to the techniques he's taking form him after viewing tape

he flat out lied, yet I'm the worst poster

that's all you can keep saying

I asked this nikka NAME SOME SPECIFIC TECHNIQUES, and HE COULDN'T DO IT

he just made a generic statement, about generic things every fukking boxer does not anything specific like I had pointed out

get off my dikk