Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Place Amongst the Modern Greats

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
A lot fighters have respect by they peers, none those peers want TO BE THEM

All the young fighters want to be Mayweather

they want to fight like him, just like Ali wanted to fight like Robinson, even asked Robinson to train him
but he declined

fighters try to do the same things Floyd does in the ring, they all want to tighten up their defense now, etc
he changed the game

Look how Ward speaks on mayweather

Mayweather is ten years his elder, still in the game, wards a p4p and he taking moves from mayweather

I can link you to Ward saying the same thing about BHop :sas1:

does that mean he is the TBE as well :sas1:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can link you to Ward saying the same thing about BHop :sas1:

does that mean he is the TBE as well :sas1:

What moves did he take from Bernard

Andre Ward said he took the jab to the body from Floyd in that video

where's Bernard's Broner

Thurman is a Floyd stan, and he's trying to fight him lol

it's not comparable, you go into any boxing gym today, the kids want to be just like mayweather, it's like how Jordan was back in the day when everybody hooping was trying emulate him

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got me breh, I don't know shyt about Ward or Hopkins. :wow:

Master Teacher the GOAT

Now that we got that out of the way tell me why Floyd should be included in the OP list given his reasoning other than "but the young boys like and want to be like him :noah:"

All I did was ask question

I just asked what moves did ward take from Hopkins, I don't know

you still haven't answered

just look up what the trainers and fighters have to say about Floyd's place in history, I don't have to say anything, or give an explaination

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
All I did was ask question

I just asked what moves did ward take from Hopkins, I don't know

just look up what the trainers and fighters have to say about Floyd's place in history, I don't have to say anything, or give an explaination

This is why nikkas say you don't know shyt about boxing breh. It's not like Ward and Bhop are some random ass nikkas that would only be known via boxrec or some shyt. nikkas used to call Ward baby Bhop while he was in the amateurs. Their inside game is very similar and they both use it to negate the opponents power. Go watch a Ward fight then go watch a BHop fight, pay attention to what the both do immediately after landing a good shot. Ward's usage of his jab defensively is all Hopkins(they both take rounds off with it the same way it) Ward does it more often because his left hand is A LOT better than Bhop's. Matter of fact go watch Ward/Bika and BHop Echols and tell me it's not like youre watching the same fight at times :russ:

nikka no one is saying Floyd doesn't have a great place in boxing history, what nikkas are saying is he isn't the GOAT no matter what criteria you go by.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why nikkas say you don't know shyt about boxing breh. It's not like Ward and Bhop are some random ass nikkas that would only be known via boxrec or some shyt. nikkas used to call Ward baby Bhop while he was in the amateurs. Their inside game is very similar and they both use it to negate the opponents power. Go watch a Ward fight then go watch a BHop fight, pay attention to what the both do immediately after landing a good shot. Ward's usage of his jab defensively is all Hopkins(they both take rounds off with it the same way it) Ward does it more often because his left hand is A LOT better than Bhop's. Matter of fact go watch Ward/Bika and BHop Echols and tell me it's not like youre watching the same fight at times :russ:

nikka no one is saying Floyd doesn't have a great place in boxing history, what nikkas are saying is he isn't the GOAT no matter what criteria you go by.

You saying I don't know shyt about boxing

people use to call Harold Miner baby Jordan too

Ward don't even fight like Hopkins
just because he's in the same weight classes, and technical, oh he's a Hopkins clone
dumb nikka logic

but you still didn't say what moves he got from Bernard

fighting in the inside isn't a fukking technique, what techniques did he emulate from Bernard, ward straight up said would he got from Floyd

all I'm saying is the more time passes history is going to put Floyd in that Goat spot whether you like or not
the writing is on the wall in the boxing community, anybody who's worth a damn says he's the best

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Ward don't even fight like Hopkins
just because he's in the same weight classes, and technical, oh he's a Hopkins clone
dumb nikka logic

but you still didn't say what moves he got from Bernard

fighting in the inside isn't a fukking technique, what techniques did he emulate from Bernard, ward straight up said would he got from Floyd

all I'm saying is the more time passes history is going to put Floyd in that Goat spot whether you like or not
the writing is on the wall in the boxing community, anybody who's worth a damn says he's the best

:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You still didn't say anything about WHAT TECHIQUES he took from Hopkins

What bolded some vague, a multitude of fighters can fit that descriptive

what did he specifically take from Hopkins arsenal, something Hopkins does that he liked and decided to emulate

Both Floyd and Ward show their lead hands look their opponents in the eye to make it seem like they will jab to head, then shoot the jab down to the body

ward using his lead hand more like Floyd than Hopkins, ward fights more like Floyd than Hopkins all around

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
You still didn't say anything about WHAT TECHIQUES he took from Hopkins

What bolded some vague, a multitude of fighters can fit that descriptive

what did he specifically take from Hopkins arsenal, something Hopkins does that he liked and decided to emulate

Both Floyd and Ward show their lead hands look their opponents in the eye to make it seem like they will jab to head, then shoot the jab down to the body

ward using his lead hand more like Floyd than Hopkins, ward fights more like Floyd than Hopkins all around

You're right breh I'm just saying vague shyt Ward fights like Floyd because he uses the stab jab.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right breh I'm just saying vague shyt Ward fights like Floyd because he uses the stab jab.

Now its because the way sets it up

and also body control

what Floyd did to hatton is what andre war did to kessel froch

Floyd's inside game and ward's inside game are more comparable, especially the way the use the lead hand for body control

Also Hopkins doesn't transition from offense to defense like Floyd and Ward do, he's a different type of fighter than them

it's just he's the only technician ward's size for them to draw a comparison to

also where's the videos you said exists of ward saying he took techniques from Hopkins

go to sleep man

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Now its because the way sets it up

and also body control

what Floyd did to hatton is what andre war did to kessel froch

Floyd's inside game and ward's inside game are more comparable, especially the way the use the lead hand for body control

Also Hopkins doesn't transition from offense to defense like Floyd and Ward do, he's a different type of fighter than them

it's just he's the only technician ward's size for them to draw a comparison to

also where's the videos you said exists of ward saying he took techniques from Hopkins

go to sleep man

I'm just going to assume you haven't watched any BHop fights before he turned 40 in regards to that transitioning from offense to defense comment you said. And the reason I told you to go view what Ward/Hopkins do after landing a big shot is because they lead in afterward in a position(peep their feet) where if the opponent does try and give them a receipt they will eat a headbutt.

Ward has said he is the same cloth as Hopkins numerous times friend I'm sure any of the boxing thread regulars can cosign this, go look it up yourself nikka. Some of us actually watch boxing and don't get all of our info from google/youtube :gladbron: