Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Place Amongst the Modern Greats

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just going to assume you haven't watched any BHop fights before he turned 40 in regards to that transitioning from offense to defense comment you said. And the reason I told you to go view what Ward/Hopkins do after landing a big shot is because they lead in afterward in a position(peep their feet) where if the opponent does try and give them a receipt they will eat a headbutt.

Ward has said he is the same cloth as Hopkins numerous times friend I'm sure any of the boxing thread regulars can cosign this, go look it up yourself nikka. Some of us actually watch boxing and don't get all of our info from google/youtube :gladbron:

Yet you still haven't given a direct answer to my question

the bolded is not technique its a tactic

Ward fights like Ward, I just said he's more similar to Floyd than Bhop

and I meant to say transition from defense to offense, ward and Floyd even look similar, especialy when ward distracts with the lead hand and shoots the straight to the body, it's damn near identical

once again ward named something specific he learned from Floyd, the younger fighters study him to emulate hi

all I'm saying this is just the beginning influences Floyd is going to leave on the game,

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
the bolded is not technique its a tactic

FG39BTa.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Well me and Doug definitely had similar opinions being that we both have mentioned that sweet pea and Holyfield have accomplished more in their careers than floyd.

Gatti going in the hall of fame is still a mistake to me as much as I was fond of him as most were. Dude should have been that borderline candidate with Chico (RIP) and Castillo.

I do think Genaro (RIP) does deserve a spot in the HOF though

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Funny because I was watching a Ward fight last week (forgot which one off the top of my head). Then immediately afterwards I coincidentally started watching Hopkins vs Keith Holmes.

Halfway through, I'm looking like :dwillhuh: am I watching the same damn fight over again? :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Funny because I was watching a Ward fight last week (forgot which one off the top of my head). Then immediately afterwards I coincidentally started watching Hopkins vs Keith Holmes.

Halfway through, I'm looking like :dwillhuh: am I watching the same damn fight over again? :mjlol:

you rewatched hopkins-holmes? brave man lol.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I don't agree with not having Floyd on there BUT when you see his reasoning and what he places importance on I understand. These lists are kind of like scoring fights some people have ring generalship above defense etc.

I've been saying for the longest that I have Bhop at 20ish good to see I'm not alone :ahh: He would have been top 15 had he beat that Eurodemon. :mjcry:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
Out of that list the only ones I can say I've watched extensively are
Sugar Ray
Pernell
Chavez
Holyfeild
Hopkins

and the only one I would place above Floyd is Sugar Ray

I've had the debate before on here.. It's no way Bernard is ranked ahead of Floyd in any list imo..