"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hate how ppl think Hurts is still a rook. He had 2 offseasons in nfl camps, he ain't no damn rook. Saw game action last yr and hasn't improved noticeably in any area.

Everything I highlighted last season as a weakness is still a weakness, namely:
- Lack of pre-snap awareness
- Not reading through his progressions quickly
- lack of arm strength
- Intermediate and deep accuracy

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
random: 0 plays using pre-snap motion. that is believed to be the only game this season with that few

That would help Devonta too...Niners used to do that to get Jerry going

Everytime the Cowboys put a receiver or TE in motion, I immediately knew pre-snap if Eagles were playing man or zone (mostly zone btw)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hate how ppl think Hurts is still a rook. He had 2 offseasons in nfl camps, he ain't no damn rook. Saw game action last yr and hasn't improved noticeably in any area.

- lack of arm strength

He didn’t have camp last year

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila

- lack of arm strength
Hey man, I agree with you in terms of what I said of Jalen prior to drafting him, and what he is today.. But you being extra, like you having an agenda to convince everybody.. The Eagles best choice to do this year is see what he is, and it will show through the year.. They will have a clear definition of what he is at the end of this season...

We should root for him to succeed (although I really doubt he will) because it would be nice to have 3 1st round draft picks to build around a QB.... Im just saying, after not just 1 to 5 games (where people can have agendas to preach what a QB is although not true).. When he has 14 starts this year under him, we will know what he is, no more haters/stans.. The work will speak for itself.. So just be easy

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Hey man, I agree with you in terms of what I said of Jalen prior to drafting him, and what he is today.. But you being extra, like you having an agenda to convince everybody.. The Eagles best choice to do this year is see what he is, and it will show through the year.. They will have a clear definition of what he is at the end of this season...

We should root for him to succeed (although I really doubt he will) because it would be nice to have 3 1st round draft picks to build around a QB.... Im just saying, after not just 1 to 5 games (where people can have agendas to preach what a QB is although not true).. When he has 14 starts this year under him, we will know what he is, no more haters/stans.. The work will speak for itself.. So just be easy
That's all that matters, there's nothing wrong with being critical/skeptical of him and/or thinking he's not the longterm answer. Actively rooting against him while brushing aside any positives is lame as fukk though.

We all know Jalen doesn't have the arm talent to compensate for bad timing/sloppy footwork. Anticipation and Fundamentals were always gonna be his key to becoming an adequate starter, he's shown flashes of it (and made some beautiful throws), he's also been late on reads, panicked and bailed the pocket too often and had sloppy mechanics/feet which leads to erratic ball placement. That's the process with a young QB, this season is about seeing how he navigates those struggles and whether he can overcome them to find consistency.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
That's all that matters, there's nothing wrong with being critical/skeptical of him and/or thinking he's not the longterm answer. Actively rooting against him while brushing aside any positives is lame as fukk though.

We all know Jalen doesn't have the arm talent to compensate for bad timing/sloppy footwork. Anticipation and Fundamentals were always gonna be his key to becoming an adequate starter, he's shown flashes of it (and made some beautiful throws), he's also been late on reads, panicked and bailed the pocket too often and had sloppy mechanics/feet which leads to erratic ball placement. That's the process with a young QB, this season is about seeing how he navigates those struggles and whether he can overcome them to find consistency.
Exactly how I feel, well said.... This season is about seeing progress and knowing what we have... Nobody thinks we are even a playoff team, thats not the expectation... Lets just let it play out

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
random: 0 plays using pre-snap motion. that is believed to be the only game this season with that few

Well Siriani said he only believes in using motion for a specific reason or to get someone open (not as a way to gather info on coverage like every other coach does / or to throw defenses off, like other coaches do/ or to make life easier for your young qb, like every other coach does)

:comeon:

he is a clown

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Predictions for Sunday???

If the offense doesn't look good against a bad Chiefs def, I'm predicting 5 wins or less