"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Daps
An angry Merrill Reese called into WIP after the Eagles’ loss to defend Jalen Hurts

They done pissed off the gawd about the Jalen hurts slander :wow:

Ain't seen this type of energy since Ray J called up the breakfast club about beating up fabulous :lolbron:

I usually listen to Merrill's play-by-play while I have the game on in the background if I'm able to, and he's very fair with his assessment's on Jalen. He calls out his inaccuracies when warranted and explains perceived deficiencies pretty well. I remember one play against the Raiders where he kinda went off on an extended rant about people criticizing his arm strength and he was adamant about that criticism just being flat out wrong. He was explaining how certain plays and passes he's thrown are ony capable of being thrown by someone with adequate NFL arm strength and seemed pretty irked that out of all the criticisms he's been hearing about Jalen, that one in particular gets under his skin cuz it wasn't valid.

Daps
Typically I'd agree, and if it was a veteran DC I think it'd be easier to just move on - but as young coach I don't think they want to give up on him yet. It probably reminds Lurie of McDermott and how he got fired after one year and fell on the sword for 2010 and the lack of talent + his rookie mistakes. He went on to become a really good DC and now a really good head coach and even Andy said firing him was the biggest regret of his career.

I think they want to give Gannon a chance to grow but he's gotta finish strong. We don't play another great offense the rest of the year until week 18 Dallas and who knows if they'll even dress starters in that game.

I agree that having an itchy trigger finger can come back to bite you, but having an above 80% clip rate in a passing league week in and week out is inexcusable. McDermott was bad, but he wasn't once in a lifetime deficient.

And of course that was Andy's biggest mistake of regret cuz that's what got him fired, lol. He doesn't axe McDermott, we don't get an offensive line coach promoted to DC (which should have banned him from ever entering Lincoln Financial Field ever again in his life, even as an opposing coach. They should have made him call all Chiefs games against the Birds via Zoom or some shyt :scust:)

I'm convinced had he not done that dumb shyt, Lurie would have treated him like a Pittsburgh coach and we'd still have Andy as HC here.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Hurts getting better... earlier in the season he couldn't make these throws or sit in the pocket

I've seen alot of shyt like this, where they bytching about this play

He also missed the throw with Goedart on the first drive that could have been a TD as well

But I really thought hurts had a solid game :yeshrug:, I know he only had 14 passes total. But like you said, some of those completions he wasn't making earlier in the season

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Hurts is just in a shytty position where for some reason people expect him to be playing like a 10 year vet when he has mediocre talent and a coach who just learned to stop pressing.

Would people normally have this short a leash with a QB who hasn’t even started 17 games in their career? No. But it is what it is.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Hurts is just in a shytty position where for some reason people expect him to be playing like a 10 year vet when he has mediocre talent and a coach who just learned to stop pressing.

Would people normally have this short a leash with a QB who hasn’t even started 17 games in their career? No. But it is what it is.
I just hope they keep that same energy when Howie botches the next QB pick

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

He also missed the throw with Goedart on the first drive that could have been a TD as well

But I really thought hurts had a solid game :yeshrug:, I know he only had 14 passes total. But like you said, some of those completions he wasn't making earlier in the season

Coaches don't trust him to win games, as evidenced by the playcalling

Even with the run game working, we have to be able to hurt teams through the air, we cannot

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Coaches don't trust him to win games, as evidenced by the playcalling

Even with the run game working, we have to be able to hurt teams through the air, we cannot
That's simply false, they hurt LA through the air multiple times yesterday.

If you can't appreciate the strides he's made in recent weeks then you're just a lost cause. He's been efficent, effective, and graded out well in every metric that matters, including that QBR you love to reference (which you haven't the last month, I wonder why :lolbron:).

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's simply false, they hurt LA through the air multiple times yesterday.

If you can't appreciate the strides he's made in recent weeks then you're just a lost cause. He's been efficent, effective, and graded out well in every metric that matters, including that QBR you love to reference (which you haven't the last month, I wonder why :lolbron:).

If a QB throws only 17x in a 3 point game where 50+ points are scored, that screams limited to me

:mjlol:

I don't pay that Detroit game no mind cause they are scrubs

It's easier to make throws when you are running the ball down a team's throat

I judge QBs by how they fare in adverse situations, not favorable circumstances/situations

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Eagles Nation

Did anyone else know that Weasel Roseman contract is up in 2022? And there has been no news of an extension

can we finally be free of this weasel????

:blessed:
Once that Dolphins pick officially conveys in the top 10 "The Weasel" is gonna get his extension and make you kiss the ring :lolbron:

Although i did hear McMullen last offseason mention that Howie was feeling burned out from catching all the fire for decisions Lurie was making :ehh: He's basically Jeff's meat shield and takes all the blame for anything the organization does that goes wrong, he might want a fresh start in a new city.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Once that Dolphins pick officially conveys in the top 10 "The Weasel" is gonna get his extension and make you kiss the ring :lolbron:

Although i did hear McMullen last offseason mention that Howie was feeling burned out from catching all the fire for decisions Lurie was making :ehh: He's basically Jeff's meat shield and takes all the blame for anything the organization does that goes wrong, he might want a fresh start in a new city.

Can a brotha dream?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

he shouldve made that throw for sure. it was the first/easy read too so no excuse. he didnt set his feat when he threw though
awful mechanics there