Florida Students Must Learn How Slavery "Benefitted" Enslaved Americans..

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Some of ya'lls strategies are failing :patrice: miserably at that
Explain, because if you’re talking about voting remember it was Gillum who lost to DeSantis. If anyone’s strategy is failing miserably then it’s the dems not getting behind viable candidates. No way a retard like Ron would sniff the governors mansion otherwise

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
Explain, because if you’re talking about voting remember it was Gillum who lost to DeSantis. If anyone’s strategy is failing miserably then it’s the dems not getting behind viable candidates. No way a retard like Ron would sniff the governors mansion otherwise

Democrats have very little influence over brain dead Florida voters or southern states entirely. Democrats n Florida could've nominated Jesus himself and they would still elect whatever dumbass "supports Trump."

Democrats had the most successful mid-term performance of any party holding the executive office in ages. With DeSantis re-election in Florida being one of the few highlights for Republicans. And I do not expect next year to be any different. Republicans are practically campaigning off of reducing quality of life in this country and pissing off as much people as possible.

The only party that has chosen ideological dumbasses over "viable candidates" at a tremendous loss is the post-Trump Republican circus. Yall love to give these white power idiots too much credit.

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Democrats have very little influence over brain dead Florida voters or southern states entirely. Democrats n Florida could've nominated Jesus himself and they would still elect whatever dumbass "supports Trump."

Democrats had the most successful mid-term performance of any party holding the executive office in ages. With DeSantis re-election in Florida being one of the few highlights for Republicans. And I do not expect next year to be any different. Republicans are practically campaigning off of reducing quality of life in this country and pissing off as much people as possible.

The only party that has chosen ideological dumbasses over "viable candidates" at a tremendous loss is the post-Trump Republican circus. Yall love to give these white power idiots too much credit.
What are you talking about? DeSantis didn’t blow Gillum out of the water in that race, that shyt was actually very close but it certainly didn’t help that Gillum had so many skeletons in his closet. You think the democrats weren’t privy to all that dirt? FL is definitely red which proves my point, the democrats needed a viable candidate to pull off a W there. A black candidate marred in controversy wasn’t going to cut it in that state when black leaders have to run twice as fast and jump twice as high to get the same results against their peers. How tf am I giving too much credit to white supremacy for pointing out this fact… only the delusional would say otherwise

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Here is the outline of the new African American History curriculum. Goes from page 3 - 21

• Page 6 contains the lines referenced in OP article.
  • Page 17 contains the second lines

I read both page 6 and page 17. Nothing in them seem to support what the article is saying. I know I am getting old, but can anyone point directly to exactly where the points in the article are supported by the document?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I read both page 6 and page 17. Nothing in them seem to support what the article is saying. I know I am getting old, but can anyone point directly to exactly where the points in the article are supported by the document?

When the articles covering the story didn't provide direct link to the new Social Studies standards, I decided to find it and read it for myself, and posted it, so others could .

The lines on page 17 are covered in articles directly as they are written. "We will cover violence against and by African Americans in (race riots, and massacres)".

The lines on page 6 are part of the overall revisionary tone of the curriculum, and are best understood in full context of that revision.
Taken as a line in that subsection, it seems pretty straight forward, and not directly saying what the quotes in the articles say.

However, the curriculum makes it a point to try to sanitize American slavery in different ways. And here they are trying to sanitize the history of slavery in Florida. To that end, that section is going to talk about the rare instances, and territories in (present day) America where the enslaved were allowed to arrange deal with plantation owner to contract their services to another plantation owner. Often to earn money to buy their freedom or that of relative. This was more common in Spanish slave colonies than in US. The curriculum makes it a point to mention that Florida was under Spanish rule for a period of time.

Lot of sneaky sinister revision was written into the guidelines. Hard for a news article to really be able to convey it. So they harped on the two quotes.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
WTF good is the DOE in washington if states can literally just blatantly whitewash history to indoctrinate students???:what:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
When the articles covering the story didn't provide direct link to the new Social Studies standards, I decided to find it and read it for myself, and posted it, so others could .

The lines on page 17 are covered in articles directly as they are written. "We will cover violence against and by African Americans in (race riots, and massacres)".

The lines on page 6 are part of the overall revisionary tone of the curriculum, and are best understood in full context of that revision.
Taken as a line in that subsection, it seems pretty straight forward, and not directly saying what the quotes in the articles say.

However, the curriculum makes it a point to try to sanitize American slavery in different ways. And here they are trying to sanitize the history of slavery in Florida. To that end, that section is going to talk about the rare instances, and territories in (present day) America where the enslaved were allowed to arrange deal with plantation owner to contract their services to another plantation owner. Often to earn money to buy their freedom or that of relative. This was more common in Spanish slave colonies than in US. The curriculum makes it a point to mention that Florida was under Spanish rule for a period of time.

Lot of sneaky sinister revision was written into the guidelines. Hard for a news article to really be able to convey it. So they harped on the two quotes.
I see the part I missed "and by African Americans". We should know that our people fought back, but I do not trust them to explain truthfully why our-side of the violence was self-defense. It is why this information needs to be also taught to our children in our own organizations.

The part about Florida originally being under Spanish Rule to 1821 is true. So that part of the history may be fact about the ability to negotiate with their owners, since that was something the Spanish were allowing. They as a state can't claim that though, because it did not become a US territory until after 1821. So that ability was pre-US History, which should be made clear to the students if time will be taken to teach it. I doubt that will be the case, so again this is another reason for us to make sure or own know the truth.

I will have to take time to read the entire document to see the full slant. I still strongly believe our history needs to be collected, collated, and disseminated by our own in our own organizations regularly. We will always be dealing with outside powerful influences and authorities that want us to forget the truth, so it is incumbent upon us to make sure we are doing it for ourselves.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
This very
Here is the outline of the new African American History curriculum. Goes from page 3 - 21

• Page 6 contains the lines referenced in OP article.
  • Page 17 contains the second lines

This is written very vague.

Like all history it’s going to depend on who is teaching it because there are hints of truth there and it can be spun both ways .

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
What does this say about floridians that they would allow this?

I need to figure out how to get over there so I can make some money. They average Floridian(with all due respect to FL posters here) clearly has the intellect of a 3 year old so I might as well pull some scams on these cacs and get paid.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teaching the next generation that slavery was good for black people will definitely make them more likely to support reparations.

Racism out in the open going to plan.
Indeed, family. This tangibly puts us in a position for progression. We are off the plantstion, ya’ll!