Florida Students Must Learn How Slavery "Benefitted" Enslaved Americans..

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Put your child in a charter or private school. If you can’t, you have the right to opt out of lessons. My child wouldn’t be in school those days, and he would be skipping any questions pertaining to that on any exam.

Everyone needs to be fighting this if you live in the state of Florida.

Voting matters. Andrew Gillum, as much of a degenerate as he is, would’ve been a much better governor.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What does this say about floridians that they would allow this?

I need to figure out how to get over there so I can make some money. They average Floridian(with all due respect to FL posters here) clearly has the intellect of a 3 year old so I might as well pull some scams on these cacs and get paid.
The Governor appoints the members of the state Board of Education. Who are the ones who vote on such matters.

What would you do to prevent this from happening in your state, since you said that Floridians "allowed this to happen?"

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:what: I know you must be trolling, but public k-12 schools get less than 10% of their budget from the Feds. Most of that is grants that help the poorest and most at risk kids in the country. If he pulled funding, he'd likely wind up hurting Black kids the most, not to mention the terrible political precedent that would set.
He has the power to apply pressure and he hasn't done a damn thing.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Biden can’t really do anything..

If the Dept of Education attempts to step in it sets a dangerous precedent because what would stop a conservative Secretary of Education to step in when he/she sees something they don’t like in a curriculum? It would be killed in courts anyway.

Pulling funding would hurt black and brown kids the most….when those students are highly unlikely to be in classrooms that are gonna have a teacher telling them slavery wasn’t that bad ..Despite the crazy headlines you’re out your mind if you think they’ll be able to get that shyt off in black schools/districts

This is why you vote locally .There is a reason why you see this in certain states and not others

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
As a history teacher in the south, first of all I say find a way to enforce it. I teach mostly black students who want to hear the truth. And their phones are put up so no recording. They learn about the importance of Black economics and black politics. They are blowed to find out the Black Panther party started here. Power to the people!

But anyway, just say I meet them where they are talking.
Yes, black people in the south learned more valuable trades than regular white people because they usually performed the specialized trades for the white owners. If I am a plantation owner, do I want to hire out a white man seeking a fair wage, or my enslaved person who will not only do my work for free, but bring in income as I let him for others for a profit?

After slavery ended, we saw the stereotype of black people being lazy. That was a racist strategy to provide unskilled white workers (who were vastly unskilled and illiterate because mass public education in the south wasn’t a thing until blacks and the freedman’s bureau. After we showed it’s utility they started making schools for white kids in masse )
But those talented black people were usually the ones targeted by the white pogroms of the early twentieth century. Their businesses and platforms were systematically destroyed, and they were forced to relocate, usually by force.
This opens up a lot of shady history shyt done by white supremacists. I teach that Birmingham and a lot of the early capital generated by this state was done by convict laborers, which was a neo form of slavery. I teach that the rail line in southeast Florida, built by harry Flagler, which spurred the boom off growth in south Florida and Miami was built by us.
It’s not critical race theory, it’s just the history of the state. Get mad at your ancestors and not me.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
It's crazy how Florida went from a solid purple state and arguably light blue in the 2000s to a deep red state in the 2020s. It has to be all the transplants that did this.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
As a history teacher in the south, first of all I say find a way to enforce it. I teach mostly black students who want to hear the truth. And their phones are put up so no recording. They learn about the importance of Black economics and black politics. They are blowed to find out the Black Panther party started here. Power to the people!
The board decision was to mis-educate future generations of students in Florida. Desantis and company have openly said that they are doing it for the benefit of white children.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
The Governor appoints the members of the state Board of Education. Who are the ones who vote on such matters.

What would you do to prevent this from happening in your state, since you said that Floridians "allowed this to happen?"
How did the governor get there? :jbhmm:
What kind of bullshyt was he on before he became governor:jbhmm:

Daps
Oh you mean how slaves learned to farm but after being freed they were denied the rights and resources to use their farming skills to build themselves up, and forced into indentured servitude which essentially was still slavery as they weren’t paid properly (or even paid at all) for their work? And how practices to get rid of black farmers are still pervasive today. Those benefits?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How did the governor get there? :jbhmm:
What kind of bullshyt was he on before he became governor:jbhmm:
He got there in a recount of the election, and by a slim margin.
Unfortunately, the Black voters alone don't have the numbers or donors to get him out of office in that state.

This is the case in every state, including mine and including yours if an a$$hole is elected governor.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
He got there in a recount of the election, and by a slim margin.
Unfortunately, the Black voters alone don't have the numbers or donors to get him out of office in that state.

This is the case in every state, including mine and including yours if an a$$hole is elected governor.
The 2022 Florida gubernatorial election was held on November 8, 2022, to elect the governor of Florida, alongside other state and local elections. Incumbent Republican Party governor Ron DeSantis won re-election in a landslide[1][2] and defeated the Democratic Party nominee, former U.S. representative Charlie Crist, who previously served as governor of Florida from 2007 to 2011 as a Republican. He was seeking to become the first Democrat elected governor of Florida since 1994

602px-2022_Florida_gubernatorial_election_results_map_by_county.svg.png

Come on mane :mjlol:

I'm not saying Florida is filled with c00ns(c00ntinos/spicy cacs not withstanding). The average Florida cac is clearly mentally disabled.

They voted for Moron DeSantis twice and the second time around they thought "he hasn't done enough damage. He needs to finish the job!" 💀💀💀

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

But anyway, just say I meet them where they are talking.
Yes, black people in the south learned more valuable trades than regular white people because they usually performed the specialized trades for the white owners. If I am a plantation owner, do I want to hire out a white man seeking a fair wage, or my enslaved person who will not only do my work for free, but bring in income as I let him for others for a profit?

After slavery ended, we saw the stereotype of black people being lazy. That was a racist strategy to provide unskilled white workers (who were vastly unskilled and illiterate because mass public education in the south wasn’t a thing until blacks and the freedman’s bureau. After we showed it’s utility they started making schools for white kids in masse )
But those talented black people were usually the ones targeted by the white pogroms of the early twentieth century. Their businesses and platforms were systematically destroyed, and they were forced to relocate, usually by force.
This opens up a lot of shady history shyt done by white supremacists. I teach that Birmingham and a lot of the early capital generated by this state was done by convict laborers, which was a neo form of slavery. I teach that the rail line in southeast Florida, built by harry Flagler, which spurred the boom off growth in south Florida and Miami was built by us.
It’s not critical race theory, it’s just the history of the state. Get mad at your ancestors and not me.

:salute: