Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And like clockwork when he needs to defend a position he goes to his "safe spaces". Whether you agree or disagree with what he and Abbot do you should at least do a "60 Minutes" level sit-down instead of Hannity. Serious, pointed, specific hard questioning with no "out".

Dude is going to MELT on the national stage.

BREH, he is playing it perfectly so far.

I know this might be hard for those of us who oppose him to hear. But it's true. When you're going into war, you have to understand the geography both literally and figuratively. Right now his battlefield is the right wing movement generally and GOP specifically.

A "60 Minutes level sit down" means nothing to these people. Republicans haven't given a shyt about calmly and rationally explaining policy decisions to the American people for decades. He's not trying to gain votes/support from anyone except for GOP primary voters. That is it. No one else. And those voters are always the most rabidly right wing.

Hoping for him to melt on the national stage is a recipe for disaster. 2016 should've taught you that lesson. This guy is 1000 times more disciplined than trump.

Our ONLY hope is to:

1. Spend billions of dollars instigating dissent between hardline trump voters and desantis supporters in the hopes that we convince a million or so, especially in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Wisconsin, Georgia, to stay home. This should be a no brainer and will pay greatest dividends.

2. Constantly force desantis to openly support or disavow trumpism (January 6th, theft of intel etc etc). This will be harder because of his discipline.

3. Develop and run on a comprehensive New Deal style plan to revitalize and transform working class/poorer urban and rural Americans that are being left behind. The marketing must be racially neutral and economically/financially inclusive. This MUST be tied to the two issues that these voters care the most about. For Black/Brown folks it's about economic progress/inequality, family safety and structure. For the whites it's about distracting enough Billy Bob types with a job so they feel like they have something to live for beyond jerking off their guns and reposting trump memes all day.

Dems will need a Sherrod Brown type candidate to be able to pull that off, so I don't hold much hope.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
BREH, he is playing it perfectly so far.

I know this might be hard for those of us who oppose him to hear. But it's true. When you're going into war, you have to understand the geography both literally and figuratively. Right now his battlefield is the right wing movement generally and GOP specifically.

A "60 Minutes level sit down" means nothing to these people. Republicans haven't given a shyt about calmly and rationally explaining policy decisions to the American people for decades. He's not trying to gain votes/support from anyone except for GOP primary voters. That is it. No one else. And those voters are always the most rabidly right wing.

Hoping for him to melt on the national stage is a recipe for disaster. 2016 should've taught you that lesson. This guy is 1000 times more disciplined than trump.

Our ONLY hope is to:

1. Spend billions of dollars instigating dissent between hardline trump voters and desantis supporters in the hopes that we convince a million or so, especially in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Wisconsin, Georgia, to stay home. This should be a no brainer and will pay greatest dividends.

2. Constantly force desantis to openly support or disavow trumpism (January 6th, theft of intel etc etc). This will be harder because of his discipline.

3. Develop and run on a comprehensive New Deal style plan to revitalize and transform working class/poorer urban and rural Americans that are being left behind. The marketing must be racially neutral and economically/financially inclusive. This MUST be tied to the two issues that these voters care the most about. For Black/Brown folks it's about economic progress/inequality, family safety and structure. For the whites it's about distracting enough Billy Bob types with a job so they feel like they have something to live for beyond jerking off their guns and reposting trump memes all day.

Dems will need a Sherrod Brown type candidate to be able to pull that off, so I don't hold much hope.

He is going to shyt the bed. I'm not saying don't pay him attention or treat him seriously.

The fact is there is only one Trump. And trying to outdo Trump is going to blow up in his face. He's a governor so at some point he's gotta do more than talk shyt. Trump gets away with it by being Trump.

Fining Disney?
Sending immigrant planes?
Lying on covid numbers?
playing the "woke" shyt every 5 minutes?

And most importantly Trump ain't gonna let this dude steal his Thunder. He will sabotage this man something awful.

When he starts being a dikkhead on the debate stage just watch. Being a complete azzhole with no substance is only going to work with Trump. And based on 2016 I don't think Dem voters are going to fall asleep again.

He literally is trying to Mini Me Trump and when he has to start getting out of his comfort zone he is going to flop.

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just read through that NYT Magazine piece on him on my flight home yesterday - and I think there's a *tremendous* overestimation of his "instincts" as a politician.

He's a Republican, in an age where civility is viewed as a mask that only has to be donned at specific times, all he has to do is pressure his lackeys and donors to harp on the reactionary flavor of the day, and he's golden.

Nothing about that is particular to him, conservative weirdos across the U.S. are doing the exact same things he's doing, on different scales, and have been doing it, for centuries now.

Nothing is special about him at all.

As a side note - I assume anyone with an Ivy League background who joins the military after grad school is 100% trying to get into public office, likely as a Republican.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Just read through that NYT Magazine piece on him on my flight home yesterday - and I think there's a *tremendous* overestimation of his "instincts" as a politician.

He's a Republican, in an age where civility is viewed as a mask that only has to be donned at specific times, all he has to do is pressure his lackeys and donors to harp on the reactionary flavor of the day, and he's golden.

Nothing about that is particular to him, conservative weirdos across the U.S. are doing the exact same things he's doing, on different scales, and have been doing it, for centuries now.

Nothing is special about him at all.

As a side note - I assume anyone with an Ivy League background who joins the military after grad school is 100% trying to get into public office, likely as a Republican.
This. The only way he has a chance is gerrymandering

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is going to shyt the bed. I'm not saying don't pay him attention or treat him seriously.

The fact is there is only one Trump. And trying to outdo Trump is going to blow up in his face. He's a governor so at some point he's gotta do more than talk shyt. Trump gets away with it by being Trump.

Fining Disney?
Lying on covid numbers?

And most importantly Trump ain't gonna let this dude steal his Thunder. He will sabotage this man something awful.

When he starts being a dikkhead on the debate stage just watch. Being a complete azzhole with no substance is only going to work with Trump. And based on 2016 I don't think Dem voters are going to fall asleep again.

He literally is trying to Mini Me Trump and when he has to start getting out of his comfort zone he is going to flop.

You're assuming he's going to "Mini Me Trump" all the way through the election. I just said that this routine isn't for you, I or anyone who hates trump.

Fining Disney, sending immigrants, lying on covid and woke shyt is all right wingers care about. And he's going to keep feeding them this shyt until they all collectively get the itis and wake up one morning realize there is a primary tomorrow and that desantis has $500 million in the bank and every poll shows that he will be a stronger candidate than trump.

If the Dems don't do a good enough job of tying him to trump then all he has to do during debates etc is repeat the "I'm here to talk about the future not the past" schtick.

All of the issues you brought up are things only people who will never vote GOP care about.

You really think trying to make people feel sorry for Disney when most people in this country whose kids beg them to go to Disney world can't even afford to do so is a viable political strategy?

Immigration is a losing issue for Dems breh. Even Mexican Americans want to be tougher on immigration.

It's 2022 and COVID is over. You really think it's going to be a motivating factor in 2 years?

Most Black/Brown people don't get as offended about the woke shyt as you think. People are out here trying to survive and feed their families. The woke shyt is mostly fodder for upper middle/professional class whites and their Black/Brown friends.

Once he has the nomination in hand you're going to see one of the most shameless pivots in modern political history. And the media will be right there to help him bc nothing gives the "liberal" media a bigger boner than appearing "down the middle" by glossing over GOP hypocrisy/duplicity.

I'm surprised that people don't realize this considering it's what always happens. Every. Single. Election. And because the American people and media have incredibly short attention spans, it has a good chance of succeeding.

You guys over estimate trump's power. He is actually weak as fukk right now. Everything he's doing is to steal money and convince/blackmail/extort the criminal justice system (which is what the maralago raid and his reaction is mostly about) into not putting him away. He has no intention of running, just grifting until the end. I do business with people who supported him and while they like him etc, they are all about getting back into power. They don't care about the car, only the destination.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You're assuming he's going to "Mini Me Trump" all the way through the election. I just said that this routine isn't for you, I or anyone who hates trump.

Fining Disney, sending immigrants, lying on covid and woke shyt is all right wingers care about. And he's going to keep feeding them this shyt until they all collectively get the itis and wake up one morning realize there is a primary tomorrow and that desantis has $500 million in the bank and every poll shows that he will be a stronger candidate than trump.

If the Dems don't do a good enough job of tying him to trump then all he has to do during debates etc is repeat the "I'm here to talk about the future not the past" schtick.

All of the issues you brought up are things only people who will never vote GOP care about.

You really think trying to make people feel sorry for Disney when most people in this country whose kids beg them to go to Disney world can't even afford to do so is a viable political strategy?

Immigration is a losing issue for Dems breh. Even Mexican Americans want to be tougher on immigration.

It's 2022 and COVID is over. You really think it's going to be a motivating factor in 2 years?

Most Black/Brown people don't get as offended about the woke shyt as you think. People are out here trying to survive and feed their families. The woke shyt is mostly fodder for upper middle/professional class whites and their Black/Brown friends.

Once he has the nomination in hand you're going to see one of the most shameless pivots in modern political history. And the media will be right there to help him bc nothing gives the "liberal" media a bigger boner than appearing "down the middle" by glossing over GOP hypocrisy/duplicity.

I'm surprised that people don't realize this considering it's what always happens. Every. Single. Election. And because the American people and media have incredibly short attention spans, it has a good chance of succeeding.

You guys over estimate trump's power. He is actually weak as fukk right now. Everything he's doing is to steal money and convince/blackmail/extort the criminal justice system (which is what the maralago raid and his reaction is mostly about) into not putting him away. He has no intention of running, just grifting until the end. I do business with people who supported him and while they like him etc, they are all about getting back into power. They don't care about the car, only the destination.

Calling Trump weak until he's in cuffs is a joke man.

He's Lex Luthor man. Always a threat.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Fining Disney?
Lying on covid numbers?

It really depends. If Trump runs again then I doubt DeSantis beats Trump (but then we're in danger of another Trump presidency).

But Trump is an obese COVID survivor that's pushing 80 and might not be physically able to do another campaign despite what he may say now. If he doesn't run then DeSantis wins the primary easily and would probably be the favorite in a general election. All the things you're talking about don't matter, all he has to do is get people who voted for Trump to vote for him.

Lying and being incompetent only helps Republicans so I'm not too sure why you think this would hurt DeSantis.

As long as he brings up immigrants and CRT and "woke" enough he can get the right voters. This guy is dangerous, it'd be foolish for Dems to write him off.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It really depends. If Trump runs again then I doubt DeSantis beats Trump (but then we're in danger of another Trump presidency).

But Trump is an obese COVID survivor that's pushing 80 and might not be physically able to do another campaign despite what he may say now. If he doesn't run then DeSantis wins the primary easily and would probably be the favorite in a general election. All the things you're talking about don't matter, all he has to do is get people who voted for Trump to vote for him.

Lying and being incompetent only helps Republicans so I'm not too sure why you think this would hurt DeSantis.

As long as he brings up immigrants and CRT and "woke" enough he can get the right voters. This guy is dangerous, it'd be foolish for Dems to write him off.

We'll just have to disagree here. Of course he can win, Trump showed that. My gut says to me this dude is going the Scott Walker route.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
@Kyle C. Barker

@GnauzBookOfRhymes

@Bleed The Freak

@Payday23

@EndDomination

How do you all think George W. Bush and Karl Rove would of did against Trump in place of Jeb Bush if George W. would of campaigned against Donald Trump?

Oohhh....

Rove was one ruthless dude man. It's a tough one since this was pre-9/11 so Trump couldn't hit him with it. I'd imagine Rove would have had "love child" things going out and Trump would have quietly dropped out or never ran due to the evangelical crowd (they were harsh on Clinton so Trump would have been an easier target. We know their morals are 🗑 though given their support of Trump).

Also this was pre social media and Trump's reach would have been less.