Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I can't help but think this dude is gonna fall flat on his face on a national stage.

At some point he can't just "piss people off for the sake of doing it". He's going to have to pivot to something of substance and it ain't gonna work.
Republicans will find an excuse to be for him.

Trump gang’s hold over 2024 is the only thing in his path. if he doesn’t get it they will sabotage the candidate to prove Trump was the only right choice.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't help but think this dude is gonna fall flat on his face on a national stage.

At some point he can't just "piss people off for the sake of doing it". He's going to have to pivot to something of substance and it ain't gonna work.

When hasn't it worked?

It has worked for every GOP candidate since Nixon.

It worked for Reagan, Bush I (first term), Bush II (compassionate conservative), trump (1st term). It works for people like marco Rubio every 6 years as well.

It always works so long as the candidate actually tries because the media doesn't have the attention span, the credibility or even the power to hold them accountable. Trump never tried for 2020, if he had he would've won pretty easily if you look at the numbers.

Again, DeSantis is ignorant but not dumb. The key is timing. It's too early to try and appear reasonable. He will continue to be ignorant until he's confident he's going to be the nominee.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
When hasn't it worked?

It worked for Reagan, Bush I (first term), Bush II (compassionate conservative), trump (1st term). It works for people like marco Rubio every 6 years as well.

It always works so long as the candidate actually tries because the media doesn't have the attention span, the credibility or even the power to hold them accountable. Trump never tried for 2020, if he had he would've won pretty easily if you look at the numbers.

Again, DeSantis is ignorant but not dumb. The key is timing. It's too early to try and appear reasonable. He will continue to be ignorant until he's confident he's going to be the nominee.
While I agree with you in principle, DeSantis has pushed the troll behavior to another level. Going into homes of government officials. Attacking Disney. This isn’t the usual Tate Reeves Republicans being racist and fattening pockets.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
When hasn't it worked?

I think the first time he gets interviewed on a national stage by a non Fox entity his aggressiveness and attitude is going to be on full display. He's in a bubble all the time.

Not to mention Trump ain't gonna have dude steal his thunder.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I agree with you in principle, DeSantis has pushed the troll behavior to another level. Going into homes of government officials. Attacking Disney. This isn’t the usual Tate Reeves Republicans being racist and fattening pockets.

Only people who closely follow national politics know about any of this stuff. Once you get on the national stage people care even less.

Again, as I've tried to point out on multiple occasions. Trump came within a cpl hundred thousand votes spread across two or three states of being reelected EVEN AFTER he and his administration committed LITERALLY DOZENS or who knows maybe hundreds of crimes, OPENLY, straight up sabotaging the nation's response to the pandemic, causing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of needless deaths, trading secrets with our enemies, sabotaging our national security, extorting our allies, breaking all kinds of "norms", deliberately stoking white nationalist/supremacist fantasies of civil war etc etc.

You really think DeSantis attacking Disney will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Matter of fact, that shyt is might win him some fans. You ever been to Disney world? Every adult there is miserable by the end of the day

:russ:

Wife and I took the kids there a cpl years ago...the look on mfers faces when they realize that passport shyt they paid hundreds of dollars extra for doesn't mean you immediately get to front of the line; long ass lines for shytty margaritas; random rain storms during the day; kids already crying bc they're tired and want to be picked up after only an hour at the park; long ass lines for the shuttle from the parking lot to entrance; kids crying for you to buy them a $40 visor that costs $5 at the tourist trap stores outside of the park 😂

I think the first time he gets interviewed on a national stage by a non Fox entity his aggressiveness and attitude is going to be on full display. He's in a bubble all the time.

Not to mention Trump ain't gonna have dude steal his thunder.

He's going to avoid non friendly interviews until he's wrapped up the nomination. The decentralization of media power helps candidates like DeSantis more than anyone else. The right wing has their own media environment/infrastructure, and they know the mainstream media will eventually amplify their messages.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Only people who closely follow national politics know about any of this stuff. Once you get on the national stage people care even less.

Again, as I've tried to point out on multiple occasions. Trump came within a cpl hundred thousand votes spread across two or three states of being reelected EVEN AFTER he and his administration committed LITERALLY DOZENS or who knows maybe hundreds of crimes, OPENLY, straight up sabotaging the nation's response to the pandemic, causing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of needless deaths, trading secrets with our enemies, sabotaging our national security, extorting our allies, breaking all kinds of "norms", deliberately stoking white nationalist/supremacist fantasies of civil war etc etc.

You really think DeSantis attacking Disney will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Matter of fact, that shyt is might win him some fans. You ever been to Disney world? Every adult there is miserable by the end of the day

Wife and I took the kids there a cpl years ago...the look on mfers faces when they realize that passport shyt they paid hundreds of dollars extra for doesn't mean you immediately get to front of the line; long ass lines for shytty margaritas; random rain storms during the day; kids already crying bc they're tired and want to be picked up after only an hour at the park; long ass lines for the shuttle from the parking lot to entrance; kids crying for you to buy them a $40 visor that costs $5 at the tourist trap stores outside of the park 😂

He's going to avoid non friendly interviews until he's wrapped up the nomination. The decentralization of media power helps candidates like DeSantis more than anyone else. The right wing has their own media environment/infrastructure, and they know the mainstream media will eventually amplify their messages.

He just seems like Scott Walker 2.0 to me.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Dude he’s a governor. What’s he going to point to as a qualification? He’s golf score?

He’s going to bring up his record which will bring the Disney stuff back up and for the first time to low info voters.

Dude has shown himself to not like being confronted about his record.

Without Trump he’s fine as a troll candidate but on his own dude has zero charisma except to Florida Republicans. He offers nothing they don’t get from Trump or any of the other Republicans who will jump in without as much baggage.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Tell em :francis:

folk still acting like shyt ain't possible after these last 6yrs :francis:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Tell em :francis:

folk still acting like shyt ain't possible after these last 6yrs :francis:

I'm not disputing that but I got a feeling this dude has several noticeable flaws

He does NOT answer questions he doesn't like.
He does NOT talk to non friendly media
He WILL if he gets momentum have to deal with the wrath of Trump. Who has melted every GOP contender in his path.
Unlike Trump he will NOT be getting 75+ million votes.
He's the mini me.

No one is suggesting to not take him seriously but he's not the force we think he is.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disputing that but I got a feeling this dude has several noticeable flaws

He does NOT answer questions he doesn't like.
He does NOT talk to non friendly media
He WILL if he gets momentum have to deal with the wrath of Trump. Who has melted every GOP contender in his path.

I want desantis and Liz Cheney to meet up in a debate. She would embarrass him on stage and that would kill his standing with his woman hating base

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
He just seems like once the national spotlight gets on him his jerkness will be his downfall. It works for Trump, but will be a turnoff to most folks
Nobody can outTrump Trump

This is where this fukkin doofus will fail and he will fail miserably

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Nobody can outTrump Trump

This is where this fukkin doofus will fail and he will fail miserably
That's my point. Bush Jr for all his flaws had an "aww shucks" personality that resonated with a lot of folks. This dude, when he does pivot due to his obvious consulting/polling on his attitude will have a total artifical scripted turn. And then the first time he gets riled up he'll revert back to his old self.