Reppin
got a call for three nines

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys may not see it, but I can see Disney leaving within 10 years. The monorail is just a start, just wait until the state creates oversight for the rides. Random rides will be shutdown during park hours for "inspections". They operate like this in Miami ala Joe Carollo (city commissioner) and attempting to shut down businesses in Little Havana via bullshyt code violations, etc.

Its also an obvious real estate play, developers (who donate to desantis) are foaming at the mouth to develop Lake Buena Vista, etc. The infrastructure is already there, and modernized.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
You guys may not see it, but I can see Disney leaving within 10 years. The monorail is just a start, just wait until the state creates oversight for the rides. Random rides will be shutdown during park hours for "inspections". They operate like this in Miami ala Joe Carollo and attempting to shut down businesses in Little Havana via bullshyt code violations, etc.

Its also an obvious real estate play, developers (who donate to desantis) are foaming at the mouth to develop Lake Buena Vista, etc. The infrastructure is already there, and modernized.
Florida would be effectively done as a state

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
You guys may not see it, but I can see Disney leaving within 10 years. The monorail is just a start, just wait until the state creates oversight for the rides. Random rides will be shutdown during park hours for "inspections". They operate like this in Miami ala Joe Carollo and attempting to shut down businesses in Little Havana via bullshyt code violations, etc.

Yeah you can tell blackrock is in deathsanit ears

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

I'm curious, what could they possible develop that could even be a fraction as profitable as Disney for the state? Disney goes away, a lot of those communities will slowly slip into mad max status when the poverty kicks in. In order to attract tourist, they'd have to - and almost certainly would - push those same people out but where would they go, south or north FL? There aren't enough orange orchards and new retirement communities on the planet to justify letting Disney leave FL.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I'm curious, what could they possible develop that could even be a fraction as profitable as Disney for the state? Disney goes away, a lot of those communities will slowly slip into mad max status when the poverty kicks in. In order to attract tourist, they'd have to - and almost certainly would - push those same people out but where would they go, south or north FL? There aren't enough orange orchards and new retirement communities on the planet to justify letting Disney leave FL.
I got fam in Kissimmee and was up there last month. The development going on is crazy, mad construction and road expansion all over town.
They'll just build more condo boxes and upscale 55+ communities on some Living + shyt.
Don't forget there's Universal, Sea World, and other off brand amusement parks and resorts. They'll happily toe the Meatball line if it gets the 800 lb Disney gorilla out the paint.
Since Meatball is term limited (for now, the repugs in the state house could just crown him emperor and get it over with) then I'm thinking he got a huge bag from Related Group and other developers. After his term (if there's an after) he'll join boards and get stupid dollars.
When Cheney left his gov job in the first Bush admin he joined the board of Halliburton.
Who got the bag when Dubya launched the Iraq war?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

If my son or daughter got into Cal-Berkeley I would spit in their face if they even considered a Florida college or university. Be fukking for real. Comparing Florida colleges to Cal Berkeley is insane.

No offense to FAMU

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh one year from now this won't even be a story. You're falling for the okey doke. This is for the most part a manufactured political "crisis" designed for both participants (desantis and disney's board) to look good for their respective constituents. Part of that is convincing people like you that each of them are "fighting tooth and nail" for whatever interests/political preference they are supposed to be upholding. Corporations do this all the time and people are dumb enough to think it's because they all of a sudden have a conscience. It will be back to business in short order.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I got fam in Kissimmee and was up there last month. The development going on is crazy, mad construction and road expansion all over town.
They'll just build more condo boxes and upscale 55+ communities on some Living + shyt.
Don't forget there's Universal, Sea World, and other off brand amusement parks and resorts. They'll happily toe the Meatball line if it gets the 800 lb Disney gorilla out the paint.
Since Meatball is term limited (for now, the repugs in the state house could just crown him emperor and get it over with) then I'm thinking he got a huge bag from Related Group and other developers. After his term (if there's an after) he'll join boards and get stupid dollars.
When Cheney left his gov job in the first Bush admin he joined the board of Halliburton.
Who got the bag when Dubya launched the Iraq war?
Disney employs 50K+, brings in billions in tourism revenue and economic impact. If they leave Florida would be done. They'd raise taxes to have to make up for losses. The businesses would collapse and Flor would be like Alabama.

We've built a business that employs, as we've said before, over 75,000 people and attracts tens of millions of people to the state," Iger said.

He added that Disney was "the largest taxpayer in Central Florida," paying over $1.1 billion in state and local taxes last year.