Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Why do white people vote against their interests?
Most people are ignorant and, I hate to say it, stupid. They don’t read multiple sources, don’t care to be informed, and are easily swayed by propaganda. Rich whites use poor whites to get their tax cuts. It’s so obvious to any one paying attention, but poor whites aren’t paying attention. They get blinded by culture wars. Meanwhile the rich whites are taking away poor white’s rights and benefits so they can keep more money for themselves. shyt is super effective. Then they surpress the minority vote so rethugs stay in power. Now they are trying to influence education and suppress thoughts of the youth in hopes they will be swayed by right wing propaganda and vote rethug when they turn 18. It’s really sickening

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
What's the status of Florida's child labor laws? Loosening them seems to be the GOP solution for cheap labor. :smh:
We force 13 year old raped girls to carry pregnancies to term here. While that may not be the same as labor laws.. it'll be nothing more than..

when its all said and done. :francis:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
When prices go up, they’ll just blame Biden
That’s only gonna work for so long, and doesn’t benefit him anyway since you expect FL to be a red state. If DeSantis loses against Trump or if he stays out the race, this could really harm his future. Basically he’s setting the state on fire to impress national right wingers. It only works if he gets out the state by beating Trump and Biden. Which ain’t happening.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the most effective way to curtail illegal immigration. But Let’s see how businesses and eventually consumers feel when it’s policy. :mjgrin:

Just fyi just about every poll I’ve ever seen, whether from a mainstream/“liberal” media source or organizations that are against/for immigration reform, shows overwhelming public support for e-verify. It’s not even close.

Absolutely the system is error prone and probably needs a serious overhaul, mostly bc it’s always been deliberately ignored (by Dem and GOP presidents/congresses).

But celebrating bc you think this view is out of touch is very dangerous. So long as the number of migrants coming in continues to increase, the immigration as an issue will become a political vulnerability for Dems. I’m in Chicago for instance and a lot of people are really starting to get angry, NOT TOWARDS THE MIGRANTS, but to the party (in this case outgoing mayor Lightfoot and the federal government bc the funding states/cities were getting to help offset costs of providing for newcomers has ended).

A lot of Black residents are angry bc migrants are being housed in school buildings that were closed by Rahm and never repurposed to anything that would help the community. These folks have to sit by and watch the government and residents mobilizing all kinds of resources (food, housing etc) IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS to help Central/South Americans when they themselves are living in the depths of poverty/neglect.

If you don’t think a message of “why do the Dems care more about illegal immigrants than Black Americans” will peel off votes, you’re delusional.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just fyi just about every poll I’ve ever seen, whether from a mainstream/“liberal” media source or organizations that are against/for immigration reform, shows overwhelming public support for e-verify. It’s not even close.

Absolutely the system is error prone and probably needs a serious overhaul, mostly bc it’s always been deliberately ignored (by Dem and GOP presidents/congresses).

But celebrating bc you think this view is out of touch is very dangerous. So long as the number of migrants coming in continues to increase, the immigration as an issue will become a political vulnerability for Dems. I’m in Chicago for instance and a lot of people are really starting to get angry, NOT TOWARDS THE MIGRANTS, but to the party (in this case outgoing mayor Lightfoot and the federal government bc the funding states/cities were getting to help offset costs of providing for newcomers has ended).

A lot of Black residents are angry bc migrants are being housed in school buildings that were closed by Rahm and never repurposed to anything that would help the community. These folks have to sit by and watch the government and residents mobilizing all kinds of resources (food, housing etc) IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS to help Central/South Americans when they themselves are living in the depths of poverty/neglect.

If you don’t think a message of “why do the Dems care more about illegal immigrants than Black Americans” will peel off votes, you’re delusional.

They’ll never implement universal e-verify because a lot of industries would collapse. Agriculture, meat and poultry, construction, and hospitality to name a few.

The U.S cannot survive without cheap migrant labor. Businesses want to squeeze every single penny of profit they can and since citizens are also poorly paid, consumers won’t be able to bear the increased costs of goods and services. I wish we would all recognize this, stop demonizing illegal immigrants and come up with a real solution.

Historically, I don’t think this country has ever operated without either free forced labor or cheap immigrant labor.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
They’ll never implement universal e-verify because a lot of industries would collapse. Agriculture, meat and poultry, construction, and hospitality to name a few.

The U.S cannot survive without cheap migrant labor. Businesses want to squeeze every single penny of profit they can and since citizens are also poorly paid, consumers won’t be able to bear the increased costs of goods and services. I wish we would all recognize this, stop demonizing illegal immigrants and come up with a real solution.

Historically, I don’t think this country has ever operated without either free forced labor or cheap immigrant labor.

I’m sure he knows this but is more interested in running cover for Republicans and ignorant bigots

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Miami's finding this out the hard way.. after Desantis passed that migrant bill. Its all over Twitter and TikTok. Construction sites have 1/50 of the workers that they normally have.. and I'm not exaggerating. It'll catch up to these fukks, especially Desantis.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Illegal immigration is like a strip club- folks love it but won't admit they're patrons. And the ones who benefit the most do so quietly.

And they publicly denounce it to fit in socially (aka Christians and anti immigration folks). And those who tout its obvious benefits are treated as pariahs.

Hence the status quo continues.

Last edited: