Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Y’all operating off emotion. I asked what part of my analysis you disagree with and responses are “nah man he’s done…you can’t fight the BIG MOUSE!!”

The media has to have a race and you’re falling for the okey doke.

The race is Trump. And only Trump. Ron was of the belief that when the midterms hit and he won and Trump was widley blamed for their losses Trump was done.

As a result Ron ratcheted up the culture wars because he thought that with Trump out of the way that's what the base would want demand and ultimately elect him to do.

As a result, he then found the need to continually find an enemy at every turn (AP courses, woke, LGBTQ, Fauci, COVID (which he did a 180 on), Disney) and the list goes on.

And because of that he refused to work on any of his noticeable flaws and obvious flaws because he saw no reason to change course. And now Trump is back, and his many shortcomings that he's had since the beginning of his career (his House career says this) are all coming to a head.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
His over-reliance on cultural war politics has turned him into a one trick pony.

On top of that, he's just not charismatic. No one noticed because the spotlight wasn't on him but against Trump, he looks boring and feckless.

Again, anyone who saw him debate Gillum should have spotted his weaknesses. To anyone paying attention to Florida, His lack of charisma has been painfully obvious since at least 2018.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Florida passed the bill to let Desantis run for President without stepping down as Governor.

It seems that was all he was waiting for to officially enter the race.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The race is Trump. And only Trump. Ron was of the belief that when the midterms hit and he won and Trump was widley blamed for their losses Trump was done.

As a result Ron ratcheted up the culture wars because he thought that with Trump out of the way that's what the base would want demand and ultimately elect him to do.

As a result, he then found the need to continually find an enemy at every turn (AP courses, woke, LGBTQ, Fauci, COVID (which he did a 180 on), Disney) and the list goes on.

And because of that he refused to work on any of his noticeable flaws and obvious flaws because he saw no reason to change course. And now Trump is back, and his many shortcomings that he's had since the beginning of his career (his House career says this) are all coming to a head.

Good points that I generally agree with. Now then we get to the crux of the issue, which is whether trump is inevitable, if he's the strongest candidate etc. That is where we disagree. It's not 2016. In presidential politics "Change" usually beats "more of the same" or "give me another chance."

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Good points that I generally agree with. Now then we get to the crux of the issue, which is whether trump is inevitable, if he's the strongest candidate etc. That is where we disagree. It's not 2016. In presidential politics "Change" usually beats "more of the same" or "give me another chance."

They're stuck with Uncle Buck bro.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Florida passed the bill to let Desantis run for President without stepping down as Governor.

It seems that was all he was waiting for to officially enter the race.
Did it finally go through?

All that’s left is Desantis pushing forward a bill to let him basically stay in power as governor for as long as he’s ‘elected’

It’s 100% gonna happen.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

To maga folks trump still represents change and they even see him as a martyr that's being persecuted.

The timing of his court case being around Easter had his base comparing him to Jesus

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To maga folks trump still represents change and they even see him as a martyr that's being persecuted.

The timing of his court case being around Easter had his base comparing him to Jesus

Breh. The MAGA trump people are a minority of the party. They are not enough by themselves. Again this is the media spinning a story bc it gets clicks/views.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

Successful change candidates are usually charismatic and personally appealing (see JFK and Obama). Both were also cults of personality that are celebrated more for their personal appeal than their policy achievements.

DeSantis's biggest problem seem to be his anti-charisma and the fact that people who've met him tend not to like him.