Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Irrelevant, we're talking about a country that voted for Donald Trump to be president.

Just being a Republican going up against a relatively unpopular Dem president is enough for him to have a chance.
They also voted him out and he lost the popular vote twice.

DeSantis isn’t Trump

Strongly disagree

Be better

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They also voted him out and he lost the popular vote twice.

DeSantis isn’t Trump

Strongly disagree

Be better

The popular vote is irrelevant, and the fact that Trump got voted out doesn't change the fact that a clown like him can actually win an election.

If Trump can win DeSantis can win. Democrats would be stupid not to take DeSantis very seriously.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
TYT already called he won’t run. Dude just isn’t ready for prime time and Trump STILL owns the party.
He's giving all the signs that he's running. Going to NYC and other cities to talk about how his crime policies are so great and their's suck, is something that someone running for President would do. Coming out with a book during the start of primary season is something someone running for President would do. Right now he's just waiting for the Florida legislative session to end.

His political ambition and all the insiders in his ear telling him to run won't allow him to sit this out. Especially because he has all the momentum right now after a 20 point re-election win as a sitting Governor. He would not have that same momentum in 2028 as a former Governor even though I do believe the theory that if he don't run in 2024 and Trump loses to Biden again, the MAGA base will jump to DeSantis for 2028.

The problem is, Trump is going to bury DeSantis in the primary, there's nothing DeSantis can do about it, and depending on how vicious Trump buries him, he might ruin his Presidential ambitions for 2028 too. They may turn on him and consider him a RINO cuck. Once Trump insults DeSantis on the debate stage and DeSantis has that same stupid look on his face from when Charlie Crist had him silent without insulting Trump back, DeSantis automatically becomes a beta male cuck to MAGA world. If DeSantis sticks up for himself and insults Trump back, Trump cultist will be at the Governor's mansion and every DeSantis campaign rally ready to physically harm him.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
His biggest and most blatant issue will be whatever problems people have with Biden it's that his constant "find an enemy" is going to bite him in the ass.

- punishing businesses for political disagreements is fukking petty
- 95% of the country doesn't give a fukk about "woke"
- Biden is not a "coastal NY/CA" elite
- no one in 2023 gives a fukk about Fauci
- he literally gets pissed when someone asks him even a remotely challenging question.
- interfering with private businesses for "social engineering correction" is hardly fukking "free market conservatism"

I could go on. Yes, take him as serious as dynamite. But seriously, on a debate stage, straight up son his ass and tell him to his face- "ladies and gentlemen be prepared to be lectured on woke for 2hrs. He can't talk about anything else". And watch him melt.

Folks move to FL because it's warm damn near year-round has beaches and theme parks and income tax free, which pre-dated his ass. I got issues with progressives trust, like Newsom and AOC and Warren (high taxes or thinking taxes are the answer to everything, constantly ravaging against success, population losses of their states and just being whiny). Give me the Biden's, Whitmer's, Roy Cooper's who find that nice sweet spot (pause).

But fukk this dude. He can't speak on shyt else and yes, he can absolutely get the nomination anything can happen. But he's got Scott Walker written all over him to me- you know, the young charismatic, "my way or the highway" governor who when he couldn't bullshyt folks any longer and got the white heat and melted. Like Walker, he bullied and shytted on folks and got cocky and got whatever he wanted. Like Walker, he only went to friendly media outlets who kissed the ring. Can you imagine the outrage if Whitmer took over like Chrysler if they spoke out against her and she placed a bunch of feminists on the board as retaliation??!

At some point, the debate will be on CBS, ABC or some non-Fox outlet and he will have to answer, in-depth, his decisions. And it could get ugly quick for dude.

Last edited:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh what are you talking about??:heh:

if people cared that much about how eloquently a candidate responds to questions neither bush nor trump would've won. all that is required nowadays for 90%+ of people to vote for the candidate of the party to which they're registered is a fukking pulse.

and the media will always give GOP candidates the benefit of lower expectations - something that desantis will absolutely take advantage of. dude is an ivy league educated attorney...you really think he's not going to be prepared?

trump lost moderate republicans because of his style, NOT because of his policies. desantis will never go full trump. also you're not taking into account that desantis will absolutely increase trumps numbers with hispanic and even black voters.

I agree. But it still doesn't matter. Again, you're giving voters far too much credit. They are incredibly gullible and because they don't follow these issues and candidate positions as closely as you or I, the pivot won't hit the same. I could see a huge pivot on social security for instance.

what does this mean? do you understand the electoral college system breh? this isn't a national popularity contest. only half of eligible voters even vote. then, the vast majority of states aren't even contested. even among the "swing" states, both parties have an absolute floor of about 45%. meaning this election is going to be decided by a margin of a couple hundred thousand people between 5-8 states.

i keep coming back to this point but never forget that trump, after bungling covid leading to hundreds of thousands of needless deaths, being impeached, blatantly corrupt, serial sexual abuser, selling out the country to anyone throwing him a few dollars, being racist, encouraging political violence, suggesting the election should be delayed.....was still THIS close to being reelected.

Yup.

I think Trump was less than 45,000 votes from staying in office.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Smh y’all can’t handle even the slightest bit of disagreement :russ:

All you’ve talked about is how he doesn’t have “national appeal.” You seem like a smart guy. Smart enough to understand that “national appeal” is a meaningless term when you’re talking about a presidential election decided by an electoral college.

You still haven't made a convincing argument for Ron winning the primary or being elected as president,

Make a convincing argument

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He's giving all the signs that he's running. Going to NYC and other cities to talk about how his crime policies are so great and their's suck, is something that someone running for President would do. Coming out with a book during the start of primary season is something someone running for President would do. Right now he's just waiting for the Florida legislative session to end.

His political ambition and all the insiders in his ear telling him to run won't allow him to sit this out. Especially because he has all the momentum right now after a 20 point re-election win as a sitting Governor. He would not have that same momentum in 2028 as a former Governor even though I do believe the theory that if he don't run in 2024 and Trump loses to Biden again, the MAGA base will jump to DeSantis for 2028.

The problem is, Trump is going to bury DeSantis in the primary, there's nothing DeSantis can do about it, and depending on how vicious Trump buries him, he might ruin his Presidential ambitions for 2028 too. They may turn on him and consider him a RINO cuck. Once Trump insults DeSantis on the debate stage and DeSantis has that same stupid look on his face from when Charlie Crist had him silent without insulting Trump back, DeSantis automatically becomes a beta male cuck to MAGA world. If DeSantis sticks up for himself and insults Trump back, Trump cultist will be at the Governor's mansion and every DeSantis campaign rally ready to physically harm him.
He’s not going to run. He’d Jeb himself. No sense in wasting his shot on fighting with Trump and losing being rendered irrelevant in the process.