Florida Gov. DeSantis will run for President in 2028

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they need to lock @GnauzBookOfRhymes and @the cac mamba up in a padded cell together

Smh y’all can’t handle even the slightest bit of disagreement :russ:

All you’ve talked about is how he doesn’t have “national appeal.” You seem like a smart guy. Smart enough to understand that “national appeal” is a meaningless term when you’re talking about a presidential election decided by an electoral college.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really curious how he can keep saying "woke" on the debate stage before someone gives him the :mjtf:

I feel you breh.

But you have to always keep in mind that he's not speaking to us.

I live in Chicago, a city so Democratic the GOP doesn't even field candidates for most elections and there's going to be a runoff for mayor in about a month.

The most conservative white candidate, a guy who is undoubtedly a Republican inside the voting booth, a nationally recognized proponent of the school choice/charter school movement (Paul Vallas), is running against the Black male candidate (Brandon Johnson), a local politician, who is being backed by the teachers union (who most voters see as a stalking horse for the "woke" ideology) and has all of the standard progressive positions on education/crime etc.

Vallas is buddy buddy with the police union and has been caught liking all kinds of crazy tweets/FB posts related to race/education/crime. Johnson is a young man with a beautiful family and someone I've never heard associated with the rampant corruption endemic to Chicago.

And in a month we're going to see Vallas absolutely wipe the floor with Johnson. He's going to win almost all of the majority Black and Hispanic wards (irrespective of income levels), all of the downtown wards and the middle class white wards. His only weakness will be in majority white neighborhoods near the Univ of Chicago and gentrified neighborhoods on the north side.

I know we clown around in here and shyt gets thrown back and forth etc. Even if I come across a certain way I really don't ever mean to be disrespectful, but breh there is a SERIOUS SERIOUS issue here and across the left/left leaning political landscape of the extent to which people think everyone else agrees with us on these issues.

And what's very worrisome is that bc the NATIONAL ATTENTION for politics is a zero sum game, every moment we spend entertaining/responding to his deliberately ambiguous attacks on "woke" ideology, or the media/bloggers or Disney, is a moment we're not drilling him (and others) over the issues that the solid majority of people actually agree with us, no matter if they're Black, white, brown, straight, gay, woke, hibernating, rich, faking it like you're rich, poor, scraping by, happy, angry, cynical, optimistic etc.

It's going to anger some of the party but Biden needs to bring back the way he clowned Giuliani by saying "there's only 3 things he needs in a sentence, a noun, verb and 9/11" :mjlol:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I feel you breh.

But you have to always keep in mind that he's not speaking to us.

I live in Chicago, a city so Democratic the GOP doesn't even field candidates for most elections and there's going to be a runoff for mayor in about a month.

The most conservative white candidate, a guy who is undoubtedly a Republican inside the voting booth, a nationally recognized proponent of the school choice/charter school movement (Paul Vallas), is running against the Black male candidate (Brandon Johnson), a local politician, who is being backed by the teachers union (who most voters see as a stalking horse for the "woke" ideology) and has all of the standard progressive positions on education/crime etc.

Vallas is buddy buddy with the police union and has been caught liking all kinds of crazy tweets/FB posts related to race/education/crime. Johnson is a young man with a beautiful family and someone I've never heard associated with the rampant corruption endemic to Chicago.

And in a month we're going to see Vallas absolutely wipe the floor with Johnson. He's going to win almost all of the majority Black and Hispanic wards (irrespective of income levels), all of the downtown wards and the middle class white wards. His only weakness will be in majority white neighborhoods near the Univ of Chicago and gentrified neighborhoods on the north side.

I know we clown around in here and shyt gets thrown back and forth etc. Even if I come across a certain way I really don't ever mean to be disrespectful, but breh there is a SERIOUS SERIOUS issue here and across the left/left leaning political landscape of the extent to which people think everyone else agrees with us on these issues.

And what's very worrisome is that bc the NATIONAL ATTENTION for politics is a zero sum game, every moment we spend entertaining/responding to his deliberately ambiguous attacks on "woke" ideology, or the media/bloggers or Disney, is a moment we're not drilling him (and others) over the issues that the solid majority of people actually agree with us, no matter if they're Black, white, brown, straight, gay, woke, hibernating, rich, faking it like you're rich, poor, scraping by, happy, angry, cynical, optimistic etc.

It's going to anger some of the party but Biden needs to bring back the way he clowned Giuliani by saying "there's only 3 things he needs in a sentence, a noun, verb and 9/11" :mjlol:

Took the words outta my mouth (pause) and put "woke" instead of 9/11.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Ron DeSantis loses his cool with a reporter after failing to answer a question on how his Ukraine policy would differ from Biden's​

Tom Porter Mar 3, 2023, 6:30 AM
6401c8c1bf7e0e001b794937

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Paul Hennessy/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

• Ron DeSantis got irate with a reporter from The Times of London.
  • He was challenged over how his Ukraine policy would differ from President Joe Biden's.
  • DeSantis is rumored to be considering a 2024 presidential bid.
Ron DeSantis lost his cool with a reporter when challenged over how his policy on the war in Ukraine would differ from President Joe Biden's, amid speculation the Florida governor is poised to launch a 2024 presidential bid.

DeSantis was profiled Thursday by The Times of London, which was granted a relatively rare level of access to the Republican rising star. The Times is owned by Rupert Murdoch, whose Fox News network frequently interviews DeSantis.

David Charter, a US Editor at The Times, wrote that DeSantis showed a "flash of temper" when asked about Ukraine.

"I ask about Ukraine and he says that 'there's a critique of Biden, and I think I'm sympathetic to it in the sense that, is our policy just do whatever Zelensky wants? Or do we have a concrete idea of what we're trying to achieve exactly?'" Charter wrote.

"When I ask him how it should be handled differently, he refers to Biden being 'weak on the world stage' and failing at deterrence, but as that is not answering how it should be handled now, I ask again. DeSantis does not have anything to add: 'Perhaps you should cover some other ground? I think I've said enough.'"

In a recent appearance on Fox News, DeSantis criticized Biden after the president made a surprise visit to Kyiv to underline the US' support for Ukraine in battling Russia's unprovoked invasion.

DeSantis in the interview questioned whether Russia, which has menaced the West with nuclear weapons, posed a threat to NATO, and said China was a greater concern.

Some Republican lawmakers on the hard right of the party are stirring opposition to the Biden administration's Ukraine policy, saying that the president should be more focused on events at home.

Both DeSantis and former President Donald Trump have echoed those criticisms, but neither has spoken in much detail about how their policy would differ from Biden's.

Trump has said he would bring the countries to the negotiating table but has not said how or what the conditions for an effective peace agreement might look like. Like other Republicans, he has called for aid to Ukraine to be cut.

Biden has pledged open-ended support for Ukraine in battling the Russian invasion but could face obstacles in getting new aid packages through Congress amid opposition in the Republican-controlled House.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Ron DeSantis loses his cool with a reporter after failing to answer a question on how his Ukraine policy would differ from Biden's​

Tom Porter Mar 3, 2023, 6:30 AM
6401c8c1bf7e0e001b794937

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Paul Hennessy/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

• Ron DeSantis got irate with a reporter from The Times of London.
  • He was challenged over how his Ukraine policy would differ from President Joe Biden's.
  • DeSantis is rumored to be considering a 2024 presidential bid.
Ron DeSantis lost his cool with a reporter when challenged over how his policy on the war in Ukraine would differ from President Joe Biden's, amid speculation the Florida governor is poised to launch a 2024 presidential bid.

DeSantis was profiled Thursday by The Times of London, which was granted a relatively rare level of access to the Republican rising star. The Times is owned by Rupert Murdoch, whose Fox News network frequently interviews DeSantis.

David Charter, a US Editor at The Times, wrote that DeSantis showed a "flash of temper" when asked about Ukraine.

"I ask about Ukraine and he says that 'there's a critique of Biden, and I think I'm sympathetic to it in the sense that, is our policy just do whatever Zelensky wants? Or do we have a concrete idea of what we're trying to achieve exactly?'" Charter wrote.

"When I ask him how it should be handled differently, he refers to Biden being 'weak on the world stage' and failing at deterrence, but as that is not answering how it should be handled now, I ask again. DeSantis does not have anything to add: 'Perhaps you should cover some other ground? I think I've said enough.'"

In a recent appearance on Fox News, DeSantis criticized Biden after the president made a surprise visit to Kyiv to underline the US' support for Ukraine in battling Russia's unprovoked invasion.

DeSantis in the interview questioned whether Russia, which has menaced the West with nuclear weapons, posed a threat to NATO, and said China was a greater concern.

Some Republican lawmakers on the hard right of the party are stirring opposition to the Biden administration's Ukraine policy, saying that the president should be more focused on events at home.

Both DeSantis and former President Donald Trump have echoed those criticisms, but neither has spoken in much detail about how their policy would differ from Biden's.

Trump has said he would bring the countries to the negotiating table but has not said how or what the conditions for an effective peace agreement might look like. Like other Republicans, he has called for aid to Ukraine to be cut.

Biden has pledged open-ended support for Ukraine in battling the Russian invasion but could face obstacles in getting new aid packages through Congress amid opposition in the Republican-controlled House.

Him being thin-skinned is going to wreck his ass