Flight Trailer: Denzel Washington Runs Into Turbulence

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Man, Denzel merked the hell out of this movie. You couldn't tell me dude wasn't an alchy in real life lol. Don Cheadle was dope as well but no surprise there.

Daps
Reppin
movie surprised me till the ending.

the part where he picked the vodka bottle after putting it down, i was like damn this nikka was really that addicted to it...

i hated the part where he needed coke to get back to a normal state. that killed the whole point of the movie IMO

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i knew from the opening scene this movie would be :damn:

and it just kept getting better, too bad shorty had to die

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Not gonna lie, first time I watched this I didn't like it. I came in expecting some kind of thriller/drama flick, instead it was a movie about Alcholism.

I went back and watched it again but knowing what the movie is about and was blown away.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Just watched this on redbox... :wow:........ great, unique and succint movie........

Furthermore, .... Denzel kissed a white woman in this movie.... :whoo:.....

I remember there was something about him not doing love or kissing scenes with his white female co-stars......

http://www.crushable.com/2007/01/04...-scene-with-julia-roberts-because-shes-white/

Denzel Washington says no to love scene with Julia Roberts – because she’s white

Thu, Jan 4 2007

First things first: is Denzel Washington not one of the most gorgeous men on the planet or WHAT. Just look at him. Holy Cow.

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah:

The ‘Déjà Vu’ actor was cast opposite the Oscar-winning actress in ‘The Pelican Brief’ on Roberts’ own insistence, but he refused to take part in the sex scene in the original script out of loyalty to his female African-American fans.

According to Newsweek journalist Allison Samuels’ new book ‘Off the Record’, Washington said: "Black women are not often seen as objects of desire on film. And they have always been my core audience."

Washington also revealed he turned down the lead role in ‘Love Field’ with Michelle Pfeiffer because of the film’s use of the word n****r.

He said: "It was n****r this and n****r that. I wasn’t going to be one of many n****rs in a film."

I appreciate where he’s coming from, but aren’t we kind of past all this? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Just saw this movie in the past week. I've seen almost every movie that's been nominated for an oscar this year. And honestly this was prolly the best movie I've seen this year. Denzel fukkin killed it...I dunno why his performance and this movie ain't being talked about more. There's nothing really about this movie I can complain about which I cant really say about any other movie this year. Crash scene was great, ending was good, there wasnt really any slow or boring parts...John Goodman killed it in his couple min of screentime too.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Great Movie, didnt know it was gonna be about alcoholism tho. I thought it was just a film about the pilot who landed the plane in the hudson

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
"Katrina Marquez didn't drink da vodka.

That's cause I....I drank da vodka :myman:

That line had me :laff: for days for some reason

Dope movie, even if it was a lil too preachy

Apathy

Based
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee, WI
Saw it on Saturday, pretty powerful piece. The character I expected from the trailer conpletely caught me off guard.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
dude i watched this the other night high as fukk....great movie denzel did dat shyt when he found that lil clear path of air during take off

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this on redbox... :wow:........ great, unique and succint movie........

Furthermore, .... Denzel kissed a white woman in this movie.... :whoo:.....

I remember there was something about him not doing love or kissing scenes with his white female co-stars......
hmmmmmmmmmmm