Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMHO, it all just comes down to a narcissistic self-delusion that they know better than everyone else, including the actual people who’ve done research and have proven time and again that the Earth isn’t flat. That’s what fuels it. If the Earth actually were flat, these same people would be saying it’s round. None of this shyt is based in science or common sense, just the need to feel some sort of false superiority by being a contrarian, even if they have to argue against science to do it.

Good post.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Y'all flat earthers not slick, y'all went straight into arguing about proving whether it's flat or not without answering OPs question.

WTF IS THE POINT OF LYING ABOUT THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH?

Surely one of you guys can answer it.
This thread is a spin-off of another flat earth threas

I answered your question there

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This thread is a spin-off of another flat earth threas

I answered your question there

@xCivicx , I admire the fact that you don't give up, but I have to ask, what proof do you have the earth if flat? What proof do you have that we live in a firmament? How can you prove that earth has an edge?

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@xCivicx , I admire the fact that you don't give up, but I have to ask, what proof do you have the earth if flat? What proof do you have that we live in a firmament? How can you prove that earth has an edge?
My own eyes and common sense

@the bold nowhere have I ever said that the earth has an edge. I've explained multiple times now that in most serious flat earth systems, antarctica is a ring around this entire plane that actually holds the oceans and landmasses where they are.

Antarctica is a heavily restricted area. The longest running most successful multi-nation treaty is the Antarctic Treaty

People who don't understand the concept of flat earth and who don't even try and research it usually jump to the "where is the edge" strawman

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
For example, here is my favorite proof that we are probably living in a flat earth system. It' so simple that it's easy for even a child to understand

Time is constant

On January 1st at noon, you look up at the sky and see the sun. 24 hours later you see the same thing at the same time, the sun. Every 24 hours you see the sun in the sky at noon

Fast forward 6 months later to July 1 at noon. You look up at the sky and see the sun, BUT, according to heliocentric theory, we're on the exact OPPOSITE side of the sun, so we SHOULD be facing AWAY from it, meaning it SHOULD actually be midnight on July 1, if time is constant(which it is)

Sunlight should be shifting back and forth between noon and midnight but it doesn't, which directly disproves heliocentric theory

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm saying

4lqflz.jpg

Anyone please feel free to show me where I'm not making sense

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My own eyes and common sense

@the bold nowhere have I ever said that the earth has an edge. I've explained multiple times now that in most serious flat earth systems, antarctica is a ring around this entire plane that actually holds the oceans and landmasses where they are.

Antarctica is a heavily restricted area. The longest running most successful multi-nation treaty is the Antarctic Treaty

People who don't understand the concept of flat earth and who don't even try and research it usually jump to the "where is the edge" strawman

Can you prove that Antarctica is just a massive ice ring that holds everything in place? Also, why do they have cruise ships that go to Antarctica if it is so heavily restricted? Have you, with your "own eyes and common sense," seen any of this?

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
For example, here is my favorite proof that we are probably living in a flat earth system. It' so simple that it's easy for even a child to understand

Time is constant

On January 1st at noon, you look up at the sky and see the sun. 24 hours later you see the same thing at the same time, the sun. Every 24 hours you see the sun in the sky at noon

Fast forward 6 months later to July 1 at noon. You look up at the sky and see the sun, BUT, according to heliocentric theory, we're on the exact OPPOSITE side of the sun, so we SHOULD be facing AWAY from it, meaning it SHOULD actually be midnight on July 1, if time is constant(which it is)

Sunlight should be shifting back and forth between noon and midnight but it doesn't, which directly disproves heliocentric theory

4lqflz.jpg

If earth wasn't spinning, that pic would make perfect sense

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Time is constant

4lqflz.jpg

The earth spins... why would it be night at 12 pm during any month(in the US)? This doesn't make any sense.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Can you prove that Antarctica is just a massive ice ring that holds everything in place? Also, why do they have cruise ships that go to Antarctica if it is so heavily restricted? Have you, with your "own eyes and common sense," seen any of this?
No there aren't cruise ships that go to antarctica

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
The earth spins... why would it be night at 12 pm during any month(in the US)? This doesn't make any sense.
Nah it makes perfect sense

You're just not actually thinking

Read that post again and actually try and understand it

Every 6 months the block of light that the earth receives should be at the opposite time that it was 6 months earlier because the earth supposedly is on the opposite side of the sun

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm gonna need you to actually read what that post for comprehension, because you haven't yet

Explain it to me in a way that's understandable for a round Earther.

I'm not seeing how it's possible. Even more so, and this wasn't a topic of the pic, but you notice how Alaska and Antarctica can both received 24 hour daylight/darkness. You can't don't that at the poles in Antarctica on a flat Earth.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@xCivicx

You still haven't explained to me what is preventing us from reaching this glass ceiling. In certain parts of the planet, it should be low enough, without going into Antarctica, to at least shoot a rocket at it. How do you know that one exists if you haven't seen it for yourself?