Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Probably the most in-depth, evidence filled analysis regarding the idea of a flat earth. Even includes high-altitude balloon footage that doesn't use a fish eye lens and shows the earth being flat. I highly recommend checking this video out, or simply looking at high altitude balloon footage on YouTube. It'll make you wonder.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
xCivicx said:
Nothing in the post makes scientific sense smh

:sas1:..........Sure it does........to scientists.
xCivicx said:
You keep posting pseudo-intellectual strawmen arguments instead of addressing the first 12 pages of this thread smh

Since I never stated anything I've posted was YOUR position on the subject, your constant allusion to the 'strawman fallacy' is invalid......

Straw man - Wikipedia

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

Soon as you take my bet, I can address YOUR specific position which you have yet to state coherently.............:sas2:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Chubbs said:

Probably the most in-depth, evidence filled analysis regarding the idea of a flat earth. Even includes high-altitude balloon footage that doesn't use a fish eye lens and shows the earth being flat. I highly recommend checking this video out, or simply looking at high altitude balloon footage on YouTube. It'll make you wonder.

So, explain how THIS isn't CGI/Special Effects while EVERYTHING from NASA, according to you people, is.

:sas2:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said:
Ever notice these dudes just ask questions and NEVER provide evidence to support their theory that the Earth is flat?

Then, when you ask them a question, they NEVER answer it.

I wonder why they do that???

This question probably won't be answered by them, either

:sas2:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You think the earth is flat. I do too it is a vast conspiracy that goes back between two families who made maps. The Medici made maps of the flat earth and made millions while the paisa family wanted to muscle in and destroy the Medici so they made round globes and pushed this global round earth conspiracy.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Flat Earth pseudoscience is a symptom of anti-intellectualism

In the 1990s and early 2000s, a lot of the online presence of Flat Earth societies on various websites and forums was probably based on satire. With the advent of YouTube and the growing conspiracy movements, more and more people have seriously claimed that the earth is flat. Before, many cranks were often socially isolated and rarely encountered thousands of other people who shared their viewpoints.

With the Internet, it has become possible to connect with people who share your own worldview and experience enormous reinforcement. It is also very easy to become ideologically isolated online with search engines silently adapting to your search behavior and showing you material that the search engine algorithm has predicted that you want to see. This is ultimately done to monetize the preferences of individuals, but has the disturbing side effect of reducing the amount of divergent information that a person will see. It is like a form of technological confirmation bias. On social media, you also get to decide who you follow and who to block, further strengthening ideological isolation. Technological and social filter bubbles skew their world.

Ultimately, the Flat Earth movement is a symptom of anti-intellectualism. It is an extreme distrust of modernity and science on the base of a conspiracy theory that does not even remotely make sense even by the low standards of conspiracy theories. For some reason, all the governments of 200+ countries of the world have decided to fool people into thinking that the Earth is really shaped like a sphere. On the Flat Earth model, Antarctica is at the ends of the flat disc, and protected by the military. Why all the governments of the world are conspiring together and why they are trying to hide the supposed fact that the Earth is flat is exceptionally difficult for Flat Earth activists to understand.

Debunking Flat Earth conspiracy theories is thus one aspect of combating anti-intellectualism.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You think the earth is flat. I do too it is a vast conspiracy that goes back between two families who made maps. The Medici made maps of the flat earth and made millions while the paisa family wanted to muscle in and destroy the Medici so they made round globes and pushed this global round earth conspiracy.
Interesting - I've never heard about that. I'll have to look into it. :jbhmm:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:2facedacosby: this thread still going on? and for 37 pages? :whatmayne:

you two retarded peabrained goblins should not be allowed to use any type of electronic device. you two are so fukking stupid you make trump, pence, konway and spicer sound like fukking professors. smh i'm embarrassed to even be on this site, to even post in this thread. the thought of associating with you two is fukking repulsing.

i'm ignoring this fukking thread so i don't have to see you fukking amoebas come up with more bullshyt.

can we just ban these stupid raggedy imbecile fukks already :trillbunb:
Good job addressing and refuting every point I made in here

No wait, you didn't do that, you chose to throw around emotional insults because you CAN'T actually refute a single thing I posted in here. You didn't even try

But disrespecting someone over the internet is how you boost your self-esteem smh

You would be very respectful in my presence though, I know that much :manny:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Aren't the medici's known criminals and savages?