Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If it's a fact, then you should easily be able to tell me the dimensions of said 'spotlight-like' objects, where they are in relationship to the Earth, how they are powered, how they stay above the Earth, etc.

I mean, you could just post the information I'm asking for and I should be unable to refute it.

Why you stalling?

:sas2:
All the posts in this thread that you completely ignored before posting your strawman, yet you think I'M stalling? Smh

As I said, until you address a single thing in this thread before your foolish tangential posts, I'm not about to teach you anything else

But trust me, when I do teach you, you'll just deflect again, so I'm not expecting much out of you in the first place /shrug

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I addressed your issue with the website, now, why you stalling?

What issue did you address?

You pulled unverified information from a random website and tried to pass it off as flat earth "law"

I corrected you

Why are you ignoring the rest of this thread??

Daps
Yup I just searched the flights you were talking about

There is on average a 2 hour difference in flight times from what I see on the site you just posted

There's also an hour and a half difference in the time of the flights that you posted from the other day, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they were only a half hour apart...

Now can you answer any of my many questions posted in this thread?

Like this one?

You say they're different, then post a link. I posted screenshots of the flight times that showed showed the Japan-newark flight was longer by any 1/2 hour

Edit: and remember flying from Japan to Newark is not the same flight time as Newark to Japan. So to compare apples to apples, you have to compare flying East in the northern hemisphere (japan to Newark) to flying East in the southern hemisphere (Sydney to Santiago, Chile)

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You couldn't find where I got the information. I told you how to find it. You found it.

Issue addressed.

Why you stalling?

You didn't address why you think that site has verified flat earth theory on it

You picked a random flat earth website off of google and tried to argue your strawman off of it and I corrected you

Why are you ignoring the rest of this thread?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You say they're different, then post a link. I posted screenshots of the flight times that showed showed the Japan-newark flight was longer by any 1/2 hour

Edit: and remember flying from Japan to Newark is not the same flight time as Newark to Japan. So to compare apples to apples, you have to compare flying East in the northern hemisphere (japan to Newark) to flying East in the southern hemisphere (Sydney to Santiago, Chile)

These are the screenshots YOU posted

13 hours 34 minutes vs 12 hours 3 minutes

That edit is funny, notice how you didn't mention any of that when you originally thought the flights were a half hour apart. Now here comes the please being copped smh

IMG_5218.png

IMG_5215.png

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@R.E.N. Spells Ren and this is YET ANOTHER situation where flying east should take longer than flying west on an eastward rotating planet, yet the west flying flight is an hour longer smh

Daps
These are the screenshots YOU posted

13 hours 34 minutes vs 12 hours 3 minutes

That edit is funny, notice how you didn't mention any of that when you originally thought the flights were a half hour apart. Now here comes the please being copped smh

IMG_5218.png

IMG_5215.png
I only posted Newark to Japan instead of Japan to Newark so that you could see what it looked like with a plane that was en route. All the Japan to Newark flights had landed. Again if you compare flights in the same direction, the Japan flight is longer despite being a much shorter distance on the flat earth map.

I was wrong earlier, the planes never leave the earth's atmosphere so the flight times are unaffected by the rotation of the earth (it's like flipping a coin in a moving car). The difference in flying times due to flying East or west has to do with the jet stream

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I only posted Newark to Japan instead of Japan to Newark so that you could see what it looked like with a plane that was en route. All the Japan to Newark flights had landed. Again if you compare flights in the same direction, the Japan flight is longer despite being a much shorter distance on the flat earth map.

I was wrong earlier, the planes never leave the earth's atmosphere so the flight times are unaffected by the rotation of the earth (it's like flipping a coin in a moving car). The difference in flying times due to flying East or west has to do with the jet stream
You're digging yourself into a deeper hole smh

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JAL4/history/20170825/0915Z/RJAA/KJFK
Japan to Newark, flying east,

12 hours 34 minutes

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA28/history/20170825/1730Z/SCEL/YSSY
Santiago to Sydney, flying west

13 hours 56 minutes

Again, the west flying flight should be SHORTER, yet it's an hour and a half LONGER

And ONCE AGAIN, if the atmosphere moved at the same rate as the "rotation" of the earth(literally impossible do to how centrifugal forces work) then free roaming clouds would be impossible and the exact same cloud formations would exist over any given point on the planet PERMANENTLY smh

A west flying plane would have to fly at their cruising speed PLUS AN EXTRA 1000 MPH to offset the eastward rotation of the earth if the atmosphere rotated at the same rate of speed and direction as the earth smh

Look at how you guys bend over backwards and come to nonsensical conclusions to try and justify indoctrination

I have plenty more brain teasers for you once we move past this particular point in this thread

Daps
You're digging yourself into a deeper hole smh

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JAL4/history/20170825/0915Z/RJAA/KJFK
Japan to Newark, flying east,

12 hours 34 minutes

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA28/history/20170825/1730Z/SCEL/YSSY
Santiago to Sydney, flying west

13 hours 56 minutes

Again, the west flying flight should be SHORTER, yet it's an hour and a half LONGER

And ONCE AGAIN, if the atmosphere moved at the same rate as the "rotation" of the earth(literally impossible do to how centrifugal forces work) then free roaming clouds would be impossible and the exact same cloud formations would exist over any given point on the planet PERMANENTLY smh

A west flying plane would have to fly at their cruising speed PLUS AN EXTRA 1000 MPH to offset the eastward rotation of the earth if the atmosphere rotated at the same rate of speed and direction as the earth smh

Look at how you guys bend over backwards and come to nonsensical conclusions to try and justify indoctrination

I have plenty more brain teasers for you once we move past this particular point in this thread
Breh, you're not paying attention. Compare flying East to West (from Japan to Newark vs Sydney to Santiago). You can't compare East to West in the northern hemisphere to West to East in the southern hemisphere.

Regardless of why you think flying East is shorter than flying West, it is different so comparing them is apples and oranges.

So I'll ask again, why is flying from Tokyo to Newark a longer flight time than flying from Sydney to Santiago which is a SIGNIFICANTLY longer distance on the flat earth map?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Breh, you're not paying attention. Compare flying East to West (from Japan to Newark vs Sydney to Santiago). You can't compare East to West in the northern hemisphere to West to East in the southern hemisphere.

Regardless of why you think flying East is shorter than flying West, it is different so comparing them is apples and oranges.

So I'll ask again, why is flying from Tokyo to Newark a longer flight time than flying from Sydney to Santiago which is a SIGNIFICANTLY longer distance on the flat earth map?
Smh you're talking in circles

I literally just broke down how your entire argument is incorrect, on a fundamental level

The bold makes absolutely no sense unless you're saying the shape of the globe is different in the different hemispheres smh

And again, the times AND distances on the map you chose to use are similar

I gave you a general flat earth map to work with, it's not to scale at all but when I find an actual flat earth map that's scaled correctly I'll post it in here

You still completely ignored all of the other logic I've been posting in here. If the atmosphere rotates with the earth then westward flying planes would have to fly at their speed plus an additional 1000 mph to offset that rotation. This is a fact, whether you choose to ignore it or not

It has nothing to do with what I THINK smh. These are the facts of rotational mechanics. If you're flying east on a planet rotating east then your destination should be rotating away from you the entire time, meaning you have to fly faster and/or a longer distance to reach your destination

This is what I mean when I say y'all are indoctrinated. You can't make a logical case for something you believe so strongly in smh

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
xCivicxA said:
You didn't address why you think that site has verified flat earth theory on it

Modern flat Earth societies consist of individuals who believe that the Earth is flat rather than an oblate spheroid. Such groups date from the middle of the 20th century; some adherents are serious and some are not. Those who are serious may be motivated by pseudoscience or by religious literalism.

Ohhhh, here's some more info.......
Modern flat Earth hypotheses originated with the English writer Samuel Rowbotham (1816–1884). Based on conclusions derived from the Bedford Level experiment, Rowbotham published a pamphlet Zetetic Astronomy. He later expanded into a book Earth Not a Globe, proposing the Earth is a flat disc centered at the North Pole and bounded along its southern edge by a wall of ice, Antarctica, with the Sun and Moon 3,000 miles (4,800 km) and the "cosmos" 3,100 miles (5,000 km) above Earth. He also published a leaflet titled The inconsistency of Modern Astronomy and its Opposition to the Scriptures!!, which argued that the "Bible, alongside our senses, supported the idea that the earth was flat and immovable and this essential truth should not be set aside for a system based solely on human conjecture"

In 1956, Samuel Shenton created the International Flat Earth Society as a successor to the Universal Zetetic Society, running it as "organizing secretary" from his home in Dover, England. Given Shenton's interest in alternative science and technology, the emphasis on religious arguments was less than in the predecessor society. When satellite images showed Earth as a sphere, Shenton remarked: "It's easy to see how a photograph like that could fool the untrained eye".

In 1969, Shenton persuaded Ellis Hillman, a Polytechnic of East London lecturer, to become president of the Flat Earth Society; but there is little evidence of any activity on his part until after Shenton's death, when he added most of Shenton's library to the archives of the Science Fiction Foundation he helped to establish.

Shenton died in 1971. Charles K. Johnson inherited part of Shenton's library from Shenton's wife, and established and became president of the International Flat Earth Research Society of America and Covenant People's Church in California. Over the next three decades, under his leadership, the Flat Earth Society grew to a reported 3,500 members.

The Flat Earth Society's most recent planet model is that humanity lives on a disc, with the North Pole at its center and a 150-foot (45 m) high wall of ice, Antarctica, at the outer edge. The resulting map resembles the symbol of the United Nations, which Johnson used as evidence for his position. In this model, the Sun and Moon are each 32 miles (52 km) in diameter.

Flat Earth Society recruited members by speaking against the U.S. government and all its agencies, particularly NASA. Much of the society's literature in its early days focused on interpreting the Bible to mean that the Earth is flat, although they did try to offer scientific explanations and evidence.

:mjlol:

Well, at least they tried. All you're doing is stalling.

Tell you what, instead of this back-and-forth nonsense, I'll make you a Ban Bet:

You prove the Earth is flat and I'll take a permanent ban.

I prove you wrong, you take a 2 week ban.

Put your 'edumacashun' where your mouth is......or STFU.

Your EEG pattern and the Earth's dimensions (according to you) are equivalent.