Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:jbhmm:

Moon

Oh, Really?

According to flat Earth consensus, the Moon circles 3,000 miles above a flat Earth. In which case we would have to see every side of the Moon each day, and the phases would cycle every 24 hours.......​

47bcc3aab09f28f9a93305a15bd7e612.jpg

On flat earth, Africans could simultaneously see the opposite side of the Moon from South Americans. And when the Moon is over the same time zone as Quebec, Canadians above the Tropic of Cancer would see the front of a nearly full moon, while Chileans in the same time zone below the Tropic of Capricorn would simultaneously see the dark backside of the Moon. But here in reality, we all only ever see the same side of the Moon, with an insignificant change in orbital viewing angle because it is 238,900 miles away.​
Incorrect

Once again, in a flat Earth system the Sun and moon are more akin to spotlights than 3d spheres.

Y'all should really take time to actually learn flat earth theory

That way y'all wouldn't make such ridiculous assumptions and strawmen arguments

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
LOL, I took the information directly from the OFFICIAL Flat Earth Society's web site............:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Flat Earth Society

You're telling me THEY'RE wrong.........yet they disseminate ALL the information pertinent to this 'theory'.........:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
I'm not sure where that link was supposed to take me, but it has nothing to do with your silly assertion about people being able to see the dark side of the moon from different locations...

You linked the home page to the flat earth wiki...

Please link where youve seen anyone flat earther say that mess you're talking about, thanks

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
xCivicx said:
I'm not sure where that link was supposed to take me, but it has nothing to do with your silly assertion about people being able to see the dark side of the moon from different locations...

I linked to a wiki from here:

The Flat Earth Society

Clicking that will take you to the home page where you can read this:
This is the home of the world-famous Flat Earth Society, a place for free thinkers and the intellectual exchange of ideas. This website hosts information and serves as an archive for Flat Earth Theory. It also offers an opportunity to discuss this with the Flat Earth community on our forums.

xCivicx said:
And no they don't

Yes, they do......

The Flat Earth Society

This is their library where ALL pertinent information regarding 'Flat Earth Theory' is deposited and discussed.

Here's one of their newsletters.....

The Flat Earth Society - Documenting the Existence of "The International Flat Earth Society"

....and an interesting paragraph from said newsletter....
We maintain that what is called 'Science' today and 'scientists' consist of the same old gang of witch doctors, sorcerers, tellers of tales, the 'Priest-Entertainers' for the common people. 'Science' consists of a weird, way-out occult concoction of jibberish theory-theology...unrelated to the real world of facts, technology and inventions, tall buildings and fast cars, airplanes and other Real and Good things in life; technology is not in any way related to the web of idiotic scientific theory. ALL inventors have been anti-science. The Wright brothers said: "Science theory held us up for years. When we threw out all science, started from experiment and experience, then we invented the airplane." By the way, airplanes all fly level on this Plane earth.
....and another one to prove my assertion....​

Associate Membership contribution of $10.00 a year, includes four (4) issue of FLAT EARTH NEWS and Membership Card. An 8 x 12 Color Certificate of Membership is $5.00 extra. Sustaining Member $25.00 a year; Patron $100.00 and up. One year of the quarterly (4 issues) FLAT EARTH NEWS and Membership Card and Certificate. $5.00 single copy. Each issue contains further proofs of the fact - earth IS flat. People of goodwill who seek the truth also known as the Facts are Welcome! We do not want members who are stupid, mindless, brute beasts with two feet whose only aim is to scoff or in some way 'harm' our work -- Facts, Logic, Reason, Sanity also known as commonsense, is our aim.

They missed...............:umad:

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Have you slept on it? :francis:

(And that flight wasn't delayed an hour, it left ten minutes early)
Yup I just searched the flights you were talking about

There is on average a 2 hour difference in flight times from what I see on the site you just posted

There's also an hour and a half difference in the time of the flights that you posted from the other day, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they were only a half hour apart...

Now can you answer any of my many questions posted in this thread?

Like this one?
There is a 20 minute Max time difference over a five hour flight smh

Due to the speed of the earth's rotation the difference should be MUCH MUCH greater

Not only that, the time difference is in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of what the earth's rotation dictates

The sun sets in the west, meaning the earth rotates eastward, meaning flights going east should take longer

Yet the flights going WEST TO LAX are on average 10 minutes longer than going east from what I see in google flights

Please explain

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I linked to a wiki from here:

The Flat Earth Society

Clicking that will take you to the home page where you can read this:

Yes, they do......

The Flat Earth Society

This is their library where ALL pertinent information regarding 'Flat Earth Theory' is deposited and discussed.

Here's one of their newsletters.....

The Flat Earth Society - Documenting the Existence of "The International Flat Earth Society"

....and an interesting paragraph from said newsletter....

....and another one to prove my assertion....​

They missed...............:umad:

Smh you posted this nonsense

:jbhmm:

Moon

Oh, Really?

According to flat Earth consensus, the Moon circles 3,000 miles above a flat Earth. In which case we would have to see every side of the Moon each day, and the phases would cycle every 24 hours.......

On flat earth, Africans could simultaneously see the opposite side of the Moon from South Americans. And when the Moon is over the same time zone as Quebec, Canadians above the Tropic of Cancer would see the front of a nearly full moon, while Chileans in the same time zone below the Tropic of Capricorn would simultaneously see the dark backside of the Moon. But here in reality, we all only ever see the same side of the Moon, with an insignificant change in orbital viewing angle because it is 238,900 miles away.

I told you that it was complete nonsense

Then you posted this

LOL, I took the information directly from the OFFICIAL Flat Earth Society's web site............

Flat Earth Society

You're telling me THEY'RE wrong.........yet they disseminate ALL the information pertinent to this 'theory'....​
I asked you to show me where on the site did you get the underlined information, and all you did was repost the home page of the flat earth society smh

So again, you're posting gibberish. You're embarrassing yourself

And again, that website is not the final authority on flat earth theory. Stop trying to speak on things that you don't know smh

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
xCivicx said:
Smh you posted this nonsense

Then you posted this

I asked you to show me where on the site did you get the underlined information, and all you did was repost the home page of the flat earth society smh

I'm sorry, since you're on the Internet I was under the impression you knew how to navigate a webpage. Since that is not one of your existing skills, I'll just tell you how to get to where you need to be....

From here: Moon

Click on the link to the left that reads: FES home

That will take you here: The Flat Earth Society

As far as the underlined information, that's just simple math based on the information from the OFFICIAL Flat Earth Society website.

Here's a discussion about your....'spotlight' theory.....

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65717.0

:snooze:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'm sorry, since you're on the Internet I was under the impression you knew how to navigate a webpage. Since that is not one of your existing skills, I'll just tell you how to get to where you need to be....

From here: Moon

Click on the link to the left that reads: FES home

That will take you here: The Flat Earth Society

As far as the underlined information, that's just simple math based on the information from the OFFICIAL Flat Earth Society website.

Here's a discussion about your....'spotlight' theory.....

If the sun is a spotlight then...

:snooze:
Another post where you fail to show where on that flat earth website you got that nonsense about the moon

And once again, that website is not the authority on flat earth theory. It's just a flat earth website

How about you actually try and argue against some of MY points in THIS thread instead of creating strawmen??

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
xCivicx said:
Another post where you fail to show where on that flat earth website you got that nonsense about the moon

Another post where you can't even follow simple directions.......:stopitslime:

Homepage link: The Flat Earth Society

From there you can click on the 'wiki' link in the top which sends you here:

The Flat Earth Wiki

From there, you type in the 'Search' box on the left 'moon' which brings you here:

Moon

And that's where you find this:

The moon is a rotating sphere. It has a diameter of 32 miles and is located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth.

Now, if you can't follow the instructions I've given here, then your browser is broken, or, you're retarded and being purposely obtuse.​

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Another post where you can't even follow simple directions.......:stopitslime:

Homepage link: The Flat Earth Society

From there you can click on the 'wiki' link in the top which sends you here:

The Flat Earth Wiki

From there, you type in the 'Search' box on the left 'moon' which brings you here:

Moon

And that's where you find this:

Now, if you can't follow the instructions I've given here, then your browser is broken, or, you're retarded and being purposely obtuse.​
Once again, that site is not the authority on flat earth theory

Once again, why do you keep posting strawmen??

Once again, why are you deflecting from the questions I posted in this thread? Why can't you stay focused??