Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@Emoryal why am I having to teach you about concepts that you're supposedly using to argue against me??

Using the following formula for deflection of light by gravitational lensing:

theta = 4GM/rc2

Light passing tangentially to Earth's surface should be deflected by 0.16 millionths of a degree by gravity.

if the earth were to maintain the same volume, but increase (or decrease) its density by 50%, would that significantly impact the amount of sunlight striking the earth?

No, the amount of deflection would still be basically nothing.

I'm assuming that our gravity has enough pull on light from our sun that at least some light that would otherwise miss us ends up getting curved just enough to hit us. Is this right?

Technically right, but it's a tiny amount. The amount of illumination from the scattering of light in the atmosphere is orders of magnitude more than from any gravitational effects.

Daps
Cool, can you post the links to those actual flights so that I can look at them?
https://flightaware.com/

You can look up flights to/from any cities that have flights. If the flight is currently en route it will show where the plane is the last time it was refreshed and the scheduled path

IMG_5218.png

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Every celestial body bends light. We know black holes exist because they're ridiculous stellar masses but they don't emit light so the only way we could find them is radiation and lack of light. Everything is affected by gravity why would light be different :what:
You're starting to sound real goofy. What supernatural property of a black hole makes it so it's the only one that bends light. Unless you think it takes the gravity of a black hole to bend light. Which we would be retarded.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Problem with the thread is that you have a bunch of people who are ignorant(in its proper use) of the topic on both sides

Not saying I'm any better

I bet if someone knowledgeable in flat earth theory came and argued many of us wouldn't be able to refute them

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Problem with the thread is that you have a bunch of people who are ignorant(in its proper use) of the topic on both sides

Not saying I'm any better

I bet if someone knowledgeable in flat earth theory came and argued many of us wouldn't be able to refute them
??

Did you read the thread?

What haven't I argued effectively?

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the moon is much closer to the earth than it is to the sun, so if the earth can bend light during a lunar eclipse(it can't) then it should be bending light at all times, affecting how the moon looks to the human eye

Yes but the moon is being lit by the sun directly... so light being bent by the earth's atmosphere wouldn't effect it... unless there's a lunar eclipse

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Smh come on man you have to do better than this

Not only is this computer generated, NONE of the clouds in this computer generated video are even moving

Even nasa knows better than that(and that's not saying much)

387520main_92_80_1-334x312.gif

They at least move their clouds around and make it seem halfway real

It's easy to question the authenticity of any link, video, and picture posted. It's intellectually dishonest to keep doing that without posting anything to the contrary.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Yeah man im not gonna go back and forth with you anymore so the fact that you dont think there is a force keeping you on the ground unless there is an equal and opposite force working against it is scary lol. Im just gonna leave it at that.

That's the excuse you'll use since you can't prove gravity exists? That's a new one
:ehh:

But that's how all these threads go. Clown those who believe their senses, while the real clowns provide nothing themselves l. Thanks for continuing the tradition
:salute: