Flat Earthers: what is the point of lying about the earths shape?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Incorrect

The main characteristic of a black hole is it's gravitational pull

The ONLY reason we are told that we know that they exist is BECAUSE they bend light to them, something that most other celestial bodies apparently don't do

So please explain how the earth bends light to illuminate the moon during an eclipse? And why the earth doesn't bend that same light away from the moon in all other situations?
Every celestial body bends light. We know black holes exist because they're ridiculous stellar masses but they don't emit light so the only way we could find them is radiation and lack of light. Everything is affected by gravity why would light be different :what:
You're starting to sound real goofy. What supernatural property of a black hole makes it so it's the only one that bends light. Unless you think it takes the gravity of a black hole to bend light. Which we would be retarded.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Dude you out here questioning a force that we know exist now if you asked me to expain all the science behind it i probably couldn't do that very well but if gravity doesn't exist why arent you floating in the air lol?
I threw the ball to you to exemplify gravity and all you gave me were your emotions. You see how you really have no support for WHY you believe what you do?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Every celestial body bends light. We know black holes exist because they're ridiculous stellar masses but they don't emit light so the only way we could find them is radiation and lack of light. Everything is affected by gravity why would light be different :what:
You're starting to sound real goofy. What supernatural property of a black hole makes it so it's the only one that bends light. Unless you think it takes the gravity of a black hole to bend light. Which we would be retarded.
Smh it's the extreme density of black holes that cause it to bend light to the point that it does

But you skipped right over my simple question though so I'll ask it again

Since you believe that the earth is bending sunlight around itself to illuminate the moon during a lunar eclipese, why doesn't the phenomena occur all the time with respect to the earth bending sunlight TOWARDS itself and AWAY from the moon?

Here you go champ. According to your own indoctrinators, the sun is massive enough to only BARELY bend light

But the much smaller earth can do it huh smh

HubbleSite: Black Holes: Gravity's Relentless Pull interactive: Encyclopedia

Can a black hole bend light rays?

Imagine that you are in orbit around a black hole at a safe distance outside the event horizon. What would the sky look like? Normally you would just see the background stars steadily sliding by, due to your own orbital motion. But the gravitational force of a black hole changes things considerably.

Light rays that pass close to the black hole get caught and cannot escape. Therefore, the region around the black hole is a dark disk. Light rays that pass a little further away don't get caught but do get bent by the black hole's gravity. This makes the starfield appear distorted, as in a funhouse mirror. It also produces multiple images. You would see two duplicate images of the same star on opposite sides of the black hole, because light rays passing the black hole on either side get bent toward you. In fact, there are infinitely many images of each star, corresponding to light rays that circle the black hole several times before coming toward you.

Einstein's theory of general relativity predicts that every object bends light rays through its gravity. This is called gravitational lensing. For our Sun this effect is very weak, but it has been measured. For more massive and distant objects in the Universe much stronger lensing has been seen. However, it has not yet been possible to observe this effect near a black hole, or to directly photograph the dark disk surrounding a black hole. However, this may become possible in the foreseeable future.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I threw the ball to you to exemplify gravity and all you gave me were your emotions. You see how you really have no support for WHY you believe what you do?
Yeah man im not gonna go back and forth with you anymore so the fact that you dont think there is a force keeping you on the ground unless there is an equal and opposite force working against it is scary lol. Im just gonna leave it at that.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Incorrect

The main characteristic of a black hole is it's gravitational pull

The ONLY reason we are told that we know that they exist is BECAUSE they bend light to them, something that most other celestial bodies apparently don't do

So please explain how the earth bends light to illuminate the moon during an eclipse? And why the earth doesn't bend that same light away from the moon in all other situations
?

Because they're not lined up, so why would the earth's atmosphere bend the light away from the moon in any other situation? The sunlight hitting the moon outside of a lunar eclipse has nothing to do with earth.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Because they're not lined up, so why would the earth's atmosphere bend the light away from the moon in any other situation? The sunlight hitting the moon outside of a lunar eclipse has nothing to do with earth.
Because the moon is much closer to the earth than it is to the sun, so if the earth can bend light during a lunar eclipse(it can't) then it should be bending light at all times, affecting how the moon looks to the human eye

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
But why do dense objects float in space but not earth?
I've personally never seen anything floating in space that wasn't a cg image

The "official" explanation is that mass doesn't matter in space, whereas density supposedly still matters so that gravity can be used as a catchall explanation for space

Edit: Er I should say that it's WEIGHT that doesn't matter in space, which is why everything floats

Mass/density cause gravity

But then again there supposedly is no up or down in space in the first place, so "floating" as a concept doesn't really exist with respect to space

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Smh it's the extreme density of black holes that cause it to bend light to the point that it does

But you skipped right over my simple question though so I'll ask it again

Since you believe that the earth is bending sunlight around itself to illuminate the moon during a lunar eclipese, why doesn't the phenomena occur all the time with respect to the earth bending sunlight TOWARDS itself and AWAY from the moon?

Here you go champ. According to your own indoctrinators, the sun is massive enough to only BARELY bend light

But the much smaller earth can do it huh smh

HubbleSite: Black Holes: Gravity's Relentless Pull interactive: Encyclopedia
So, it still bends it just way less than the sun, but the Earth is also much smaller in diameter. And it refracts light in the atmosphere to add to the affect. You still didn't answer my question. And the Earth IS always doing it. That's my fukking point are you dense.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
So, it still bends it just way less than the sun, but the Earth is also much smaller in diameter. And it refracts light in the atmosphere to add to the affect. You still didn't answer my question. And the Earth IS always doing it. That's my fukking point are you dense.
Proof of the bold??

Because I just explained to you why what you posted was incorrect

Refracting light =/= bending light due to gravity(but you knew that already which is why you're trying to backtrack/amend on what you initially said)

Again, what question are you talking about??