Flash Season 5 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nora's powers are not making sense to me now... if she only got them 6 months ago .. how can she travel through time to specific points... (I smell thawne training)
And how the hell is it 6 months... she appeared at the wedding last November... so that means she wasn't stuck in the past/present..

If Barry left when she was 2-4 .. I can understand why Iris would dampen her speed... hell the little girl is too fast.. she cant keep up... so she slowed her down .. makes sense... with barry there he could've chased her around

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Seemed to me like Nora was lookin at Spencer with a combo of :takedat: and:steviej:

This the CW so I wouldn't be surprised if they take it there :manny:

Iris already said so .. that's why she showed up at jitters..

After 5 seasons it didn't seem that Jitters was so close to Star Labs.. I mean iris heard Nora talking to Spenser then bounced and was in jitters mid sentence..

edit: that's right she breached ... and speaking of breaching.. where the hell they get a portable Vibeless breaching device

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Iris already said so .. that's why she showed up at jitters..

After 5 seasons it didn't seem that Jitters was so close to Star Labs.. I mean iris heard Nora talking to Spenser then bounced and was in jitters mid sentence..

edit: that's right she breached ... and speaking of breaching.. where the hell they get a portable Vibeless breaching device

Cisco made those for the team a season or two ago.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody else think Cicada is just a red herring and isn't the main villain of the season?

I'm getting an Alchemy type vibe from him where he'll probably be the main threat up until the mid season finale or so, then we'll find out there's some other villain manipulating him or something.

He's cool but he seems a little too one note for the team to fight him for 20 more episodes. Doesn't seem to have any real plan or goal so far other than to just kill metas.

they already said this season has 3 mini arcs. .. I think Reverse Flash will be the BIG BIG Bad this season cause he sent Nora ..

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Nora's powers are not making sense to me now... if she only got them 6 months ago .. how can she travel through time to specific points... (I smell thawne training)
And how the hell is it 6 months... she appeared at the wedding last November... so that means she wasn't stuck in the past/present..

If Barry left when she was 2-4 .. I can understand why Iris would dampen her speed... hell the little girl is too fast.. she cant keep up... so she slowed her down .. makes sense... with barry there he could've chased her around

Cicada isn't the big bad, and last night confirmed for me that Nora might be being manipulated by someone. It also has me wondering if it's possible that, like Impulse, she was aging too quickly and that's why she had the dampener put in.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Iris can't make pancakes?!?:why: Jesus christ woman forget the design and focus on the cooking...

Barry's face when eating the food?!?:lolbron: 10000 calories and it sucks...

IRIS in the green jeans...:noah:

that's what I'm sayin.. you mean to tell me with Joe being a cop (not home) and iris being a single child til barry got there and all the female characteristics she showed in those childhood flashbacks .. you mean to tell me she cant cook..

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Also, another question that hasn't really been brought up yet:

Who built the dampener to suppress Nora's powers? Iris isn't a scientist so somebody else must've built it for her sometime in the 2020s.

Cisco? Harry? Some other version of Wells we haven't met yet? Caitlin? Thawne? Somebody else was in on it.
A wells

It's clear they keep bringing him back

Matter of time before they meet a scheming wells again

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Cicada isn't the big bad, and last night confirmed for me that Nora might be being manipulated by someone. It also has me wondering if it's possible that, like Impulse, she was aging too quickly and that's why she had the dampener put in.

nice theory .. and I bet future iris didn't tell Nora cause she got mad left before she could .. and of course present iris doesn't know shyt.. and Eobard told her some lies about how Iris didnt want her to be better than the flash so she put the device in her.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nora shytting on Iris for something she does in the future is getting super annoying.

Yes that starting to piss me off too.

And I don’t get why it’s taken Barry that long to support Iris and be by her side.

Like that shyt should’ve been nipped in the bud WEEKS ago.

And if he couldn’t be a good “voice of reason “ for her. He should’ve had Iris pops talk to her cuz he seems to always know what to say at the right time to smooth a situation out.

And watch, in the next few weeks I bet it’s gonna be “Grampa” who fixes this shyt

Martha

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Also, another question that hasn't really been brought up yet:

Who built the dampener to suppress Nora's powers? Iris isn't a scientist so somebody else must've built it for her sometime in the 2020s.

Cisco? Harry? Some other version of Wells we haven't met yet? Caitlin? Thawne? Somebody else was in on it.

I think earth 2 wells made the speed dampener gun and the device to steal away Barry's speed for Zoom so it was probably a version of him that made a device to implant into Nora. The real question is who told her that she had it implanted in her? When we find that out we'll find out who told her to run back in time.

I would say Thawne but he pretty much got erased out of existence in Legends of Tomorrow.

You don't remember Savatars speech about travelling through time? The more you fukk around with it the less the rules apply :russ:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I'm kind of on Barry/Iris side here, I honestly don't see suppressing Nora's powers as even being THAT bad of a thing to do. Nobody is obligated to have superpowers. :yeshrug:

I mean I'm sure future Iris was just trying to do what she thought would protect Nora, especially since Barry wasn't around. I wouldn't be surprised if Barry told her to do it before he disappeared. Imagine being a normal person trying to raise a little kid with superspeed?

That said, it's clear from the episode before this that Nora has some ulterior motive for coming to the past that we don't know about yet.
The thing is we don't know one way or the other. Future-Iris could have been perfectly justified in removing Nora's powers. She could also be a horrible, abusive mother. We don't know.

What makes Barry and Iris look bad is trying to justify a situation they have no information about despite seeing how much it hurts Nora. Their logic is "Well present Iris wouldn't do that without a good reason, so future Iris was right." But they don't know what kind of person Iris is after having Nora and losing Barry. That talk was more about alleviating Iris' guilt than helping Nora.