Flash Season 5 Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Agreed but she's at least 25 due to the article she has of Flash still missing. She's possibly older than Barry and Iris right now

Her character is in her late 20s or so, about the same age as Barry/Iris.

Barry disappears in 2024 and Nora said she was born a few years before that, so 2021 or 22. She showed Barry a newspaper from 2049 so she's from at least that far in the future.

On topic: Nora is just completely throwing the timeline in the bushes :mjlol:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Actress who played Spencer (sp) was looking :shaq:, but she's ready to kill Central City's hero for clicks :picard:.

The concept of Meta-Tech :ohhh:

The reasoning behind Nora's anger makes sense, although I'm sure future Iris really did have a good reason for dampening her powers. The scene at the end with them talking was good though, "You know what the worse part is, it didn't come from you mom :mjcry:"

I did like the fact they did something besides go to Jitters or hang around the lab this episode. Barry might need to stick to karaoke, and forget about baseball :mjlol:.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
"I see you still know your way around a kitchen:francis::mjlol:"

The look on Iris' face. The Black mother was about to jump out. I was waiting for her to be like, "Little girl you ain't too old or too fast for me to whip your little ass.:birdman:"

reigun

Superstar
Daps
The whole situation with Iris and Nora is ridiculous. Iris and Barry look trash for minimizing the power dampening, and Nora looks trash for expecting present-day Iris to answer for something she hasn't done yet.

The forced power dampening is shytty and Barry and Iris should have been more understanding. Or at least, don't try to justify it. Especially after you just had a conversation about how awful you thought it was.

At the same token, I'm not sure what Nora wants from this version of her parents who haven't even conceived her yet and are barely older than she is. Iris is trying to understand decisions she hasn't made yet without any real context other than Nora's one-sided account. This is shyt Nora needs to work out with future-Iris when she returns home. Instead, she's being a brat and using present-Iris as a punching bag (likely because she won't stand up to her mom in the future).

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The whole situation with Iris and Nora is ridiculous. Iris and Barry look trash for minimizing the power dampening, and Nora looks trash for expecting present-day Iris to answer for something she hasn't done yet.

The forced power dampening is shytty and Barry and Iris should have been more understanding. Or at least, don't try to justify it. Especially after you just had a conversation about how awful you thought it was.

At the same token, I'm not sure what Nora wants from this version of her parents who haven't even conceived her yet and are barely older than she is. Iris is trying to understand decisions she hasn't made yet without any real context other than Nora's one-sided account. This is shyt Nora needs to work out with future-Iris when she returns home. Instead, she's being a brat and using present-Iris as a punching bag (likely because she won't stand up to her mom in the future).

I'm kind of on Barry/Iris side here, I honestly don't see suppressing Nora's powers as even being THAT bad of a thing to do. Nobody is obligated to have superpowers. :yeshrug:

I mean I'm sure future Iris was just trying to do what she thought would protect Nora, especially since Barry wasn't around. I wouldn't be surprised if Barry told her to do it before he disappeared. Imagine being a normal person trying to raise a little kid with superspeed?

That said, it's clear from the episode before this that Nora has some ulterior motive for coming to the past that we don't know about yet.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Also, another question that hasn't really been brought up yet:

Who built the dampener to suppress Nora's powers? Iris isn't a scientist so somebody else must've built it for her sometime in the 2020s.

Cisco? Harry? Some other version of Wells we haven't met yet? Caitlin? Thawne? Somebody else was in on it.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Also, another question that hasn't really been brought up yet:

Who built the dampener to suppress Nora's powers? Iris isn't a scientist so somebody else must've built it for her sometime in the 2020s.

Cisco? Harry? Some other version of Wells we haven't met yet? Caitlin? Thawne? Somebody else was in on it.

I would say Thawne but he pretty much got erased out of existence in Legends of Tomorrow.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I would say Thawne but he pretty much got erased out of existence in Legends of Tomorrow.

Getting erased didn't stop him from coming back before. Twice come to think of it (he was in that Crisis on Earth-X Crossover last season, but back in Wells body). :yeshrug:

Not sure what his motive to help Iris would be tho.