First trailer for Black Panther 2: No Black Men - Wakanda Forever just dropped

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
And all you nikkas in here with the ":dame:nikkas in here mad they don't get to see a movie full of men" shyt need to grow up

Y'all wouldn't dare say that shyt about 300 or Reservoir Dogs

We know they're being disingenuous 😆

Like I said in the other thread

Don't even bother breh, they're just playing dumb.

Everyone knows the first movie was groundbreaking because of it's depiction of Black people which went against the general global image Hollywood puts out regarding black people.

It presented masculine heterosexual black men as leaders and protectors of a powerful black society while still working in tandem with their powerful black women (who even still had leadership roles). With ZERO dysfunction.

Now that's all been torpedoed to put out a shea butter narrative and altered image that Black Women don't need black men/"we all we got" which is why they have "removed the black men" to hammer down this point.

Even Chadwick Boseman said he did the first movie primarily to change the thought process of how Black people can be viewed, he understood the power of imagery. "Bu-bu-but it's just a movie"

But apparently pointing the sudden 180 out means you're incel, "hate women", "just want to see men" 😆

Mr.Man

Rookie
Daps
Nothing wrong with a female BP. Good writing can make it work, but even if the writing is bad it still won't be because a woman is in the suit

I'll have to actually see Letitia Wright in action to be completely sold

But plotwise at least, she does have a lot going for her as motivation

Plus, her being black panther will be kinda interesting because of her tech savyness

And I'd be surprised if the movie flops. Despite some or the backlash, the overall response is still positive
I've seen really great trailers to really bad movies. If the plan was for Shuri to take the mantle they should have cast someone more believable.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
I think it's a bad trailer. It's not clear who the new black panther is.

On one hand, y'all complain about trailers givin' too much away. And now, y'all got complaints about it being a bad trailer for not showing more or in your case, who BP is. Like, how does this strike you as rational thought???

Getting angsty over the Mexicans having one side character just looks insecure.

You see da daily threads that they make which are rife with insecurity so yes, insecurity is exactly what it is.
A forum that spends every waking hour screaming about "agendas" and the ever growing menace of homosexuality is seething over a movie trailer because there are too many women and not enough men for them to look at.

I swear, you CANNOT make this shyt up.

:mjlol:

You see it. These dudes are legit hurt cause they were hoping they'd be able to get an eyeful of strapping, virile, muscular mens onscreen :dame:Dry dikk Brigade in full force. "Ewwwwwww. There's too many women. Where's da men at??!". Str8 queers. :wrist:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On one hand, y'all complain about trailers givin' too much away. And now, y'all got complaints about it being a bad trailer for not showing more or in your case, who BP is. Like, how does this strike you as rational thought???

You see da daily threads that they make which are rife with insecurity so yes, insecurity is exactly what it is.

You see it. These dudes are legit hurt cause they were hoping they'd be able to get an eyeful of strapping, virile, muscular mens onscreen :dame:Dry dikk Brigade in full force. "Ewwwwwww. There's too many women. Where's da men at??!". Str8 queers. :wrist:
When have i complained that trailers give away too much? Why are you including me in this?

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I'm tight they ain't recast T'Challa. That's my dawg and my fav comic book character.

Could this movie still be good? Sure, and I hope it is. Im Not ready to kill it just yet off one trailer ND i think some of y'all are overreacting

But I do hope this is a one-off type deal and they recast him after this. They need to bless us with some kind of 'return of the king' message in the post credit teasers.
Facts. They got Angela Basset crying like Mike Brown's mom up on screen and the whole movie reeks of absent black fathers and men. But I can't expect my own people who can be convinced to buy $300 sneakers from a cat who don't give a shyt about them to realize they're being pandered to and used.

Yeahhh I'm not liking the undertones. But it is just a trailer.

Wakanda is supposed to be a nation of hyper disciplined warrior-scientists. fukk all that screaming and crying in public shyt that's not how they get down. If someone falls It's next man up.

Coogler did his thing but he keeps trying to make everything too emotional and shyt that's why I wanted a new director. Like fam not everything has to be some dramatic heart wrenching hood flick. I remember in the last flick when they had Chadwick have a complete emotional breakdown when Killmonger murked Forest Whitaker. T'Challa would NEVER. Not on the battlefield in the middle of a fight, I don't care WHO died. You mourn after the battle :smh:

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
it's interesting in the trailer when kendrick said "and when I wake up" and a breath of air when the new Black Panther show up:jbhmm:
also when the sea mexicans are flooding Wakanda okoye is saving a random black boy T'Challa's son?:lupe:
also M'Baku got sent on a dummy mission to attack Namor and his 4 henchmen with a stick, he gettin killed:mjcry:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
it's interesting in the trailer when kendrick said "and when I wake up" and a breath of air when the new Black Panther show up:jbhmm:
also when the sea mexicans are flooding Wakanda okoye is saving a random black boy T'Challa's son?:lupe:
also M'Baku got sent on a dummy mission to attack Namor and his 4 henchmen with a stick, he gettin killed:mjcry:

Reincarnation angle not farfetched

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Shoulda had a different universe MBJ take over. Then they could say this the good version. Ppl come back in the comics all the time anyway.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
catwoman1.jpg
superman-670x444.jpg
keyvisual.jpg

:sas2:

6414891-tchaka%20young.jpg

boseman.0.jpg

f4925055a30d96976ecb857372186199.jpg

791c692f4cee0b08ad7600b701ca41d0.jpg

:sas2:
Do you want recasting or not? This our fourth black panther, you mad because the first name is different than the second one's first name?

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I get that they're sad over Chadwick passing but this issue is ultimately this is another case of pimping black trauma

I get wanting to honor the man but conflating Chadwick with Tchalla in this way essentially comes off as Marvel selling us tickets to a funeral

What if Chris Evans died before Winter Soldier? What if Robert Downey Jr died before Iron Man 2? Do you think they'd sell a funeral?

It's a tough situation and the shyt is sad but the precedent this sets could be really bad

Man, The Coli Never Happy With shyt lol They Honoring And Respecting This Man To The Fullest And You Got A Problem With It, shyt Is CRAZY To Me

If They Recasted Like He Never Existed And Dedicated A 5 Second Easter Egg To Him Youd Be Up In Arms Over That Too

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You gotta be a youngin —-and thus raised different and completely neutered—-to not see the obvious and overt erasure of the black heterosexual men.

Folk who work in corporate know these 2 words: diversity and inclusion. That’s the new “affirmative action’ except it’s streamlined. They just lump all minorities in that pot. And the pecking order is:

1- women- bc that includes white women too

2- LGBT- bc this includes white men also

3- all other non/black races- bc that includes high ranking Asians who they’d likely hire anyway, plus international students who are all throughout the hiring pipeline already. Easy to meet this mandate with some whitewashed Indians, latinas, Asians, etc who fit right in for those happy hours

4- black women. They would obviously rather hire an ambigous international woman or an asian than a black woman so they’re this low. Yet they fear black women making a stink so they are prioritized over black men

5- Our numbers are already low, plus well got a large segment that’s anti-establishment and won’t participate, plus while all the groups above are wired to be go getters and aggressive, we’re wired to be scary n toe the line and play nice bc we don’t want to scare anyone.

I say all that to say this: white people are ecstatic at the new rules for diversity and inclusion bc it allows them to meet mandates for a diverse workforce while still bypassing who they actually dislike which is black men, and yes that includes movies. You can also apply this logic to why British actors are overtaking black American acting roles as well
marvel
did
not
plan
chadwicks
death :dead:
Facts. They got Angela Basset crying like Mike Brown's mom up on screen and the whole movie reeks of absent black fathers and men. But I can't expect my own people who can be convinced to buy $300 sneakers from a cat who don't give a shyt about them to realize they're being pandered to and used.
the whole movie? you’ve seen the whole movie? :dead: