First trailer for Black Panther 2: No Black Men - Wakanda Forever just dropped

QBN

All Star
Daps
People in this thread are like: Recast Black Panther! :damn:

MCU is like we did, Shuri. :skip:
Same people: why did they recast black panther with someone different from Chadwick? this movie gonna be trash.:sadbron:
The call was to recast T'Challa. T'Challa is Black Panther. The same way Bruce Wayne is Batman, Clark Kent/Kal El is Superman, and Peter Parker is Spider Man. Movie could be good, but it's not what fans of the original and iconic character want to see.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Lets be honest at this point, the first one was good but it wasnt great because of T'Challa. The films best moments were literally all on Killmonger, M'Baku, Shuri, and Okoye. If they bring back Killmonger and tie in to the line about bury me in the sea with my ancestors that jumped and tie THAT in with fighting Namor (who is Atlantean) alongside Shuri, we might be able to save this flick. Even have him come back in the ancestral plane to help Shuri somehow, seeking redemption. He could stay dead but there's DEFINITELY more evil characters that have had redemption arcs in the MCU :sas2:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The call was to recast T'Challa. T'Challa is Black Panther. The same way Bruce Wayne is Batman, Clark Kent/Kal El is Superman, and Peter Parker is Spider Man. Movie could be good, but it's not what fans of the original and iconic character want to see.
Mile Morales was Spiderman into the spiderverse
Terry mcginness was batman in batman beyond
John Henry Irons was superman in steel
Shuri finna be Black panther in BP2.
shyt Killmonger was black panther for most of the last BP movie.

QBN

All Star
Daps
Mile Morales was Spiderman into the spiderverse
Terry mcginness was batman in batman beyond
John Henry Irons was superman in steel
Shuri finna be Black panther in BP2.
shyt Killmonger was black panther for most of the last BP movie.
I get that, but many fans want the O.G versions that have decades of story telling behind them. Plus they didn't kill off the OG characters in the movies you mentioned, like they're doing to T'Challa here. It's cool tho, time will tell if the franchise falls off with no T'Challa. Enjoy the film...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
these threads always devolve into the same fight. I'm part of the recasting train but I can't keep fighting with this especially since the creatives have made their decisions. Only thing I can laugh at now is the people that expect to see Kilmonger be the new black panther in this film. :dead:. if you know where to look the leaks are out there. they're all starting to say the same thing.

QBN

All Star
Daps
I'm just waiting on the thinkpieces as these conversations grow louder. Can't wait to see accusations of misogyny and misogynoir, sexism, protect black women, etc.. I love it.
I'm thinking only if the movie under performs - relative to box office projections - if so then Black men will be blamed for not supporting the film as much as they did the first one. The movie will be successful, but BP 1 was a once in a lifetime event where Black people of all ages went to see it multiple times. Almost impossible to duplicate that.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I get that, but many fans want the O.G versions that have decades of story telling behind them. Plus they didn't kill off the OG characters in the movies you mentioned, like they're doing to T'Challa here. It's cool tho, time will tell if the franchise falls off with no T'Challa. Enjoy the film...
I would agree most of the time, but sometimes i like the newer character better. For example if they make another Green Lantern movie, i'd rather have John Stewart than Hal Jordan.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I would agree most of the time, but sometimes i like the newer character better. For example if they make another Green Lantern movie, i'd rather have John Stewart than Hal Jordan.
but what if John Stewart died In real life and they move to Kyle Rainer :patrice:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm thinking only if the movie under performs - relative to box office projections - if so then Black men will be blamed for not supporting the film as much as they did the first one. The movie will be successful, but BP 1 was a once in a lifetime event where Black people of all ages went to see it multiple times. Almost impossible to duplicate that.
Most of those people were casuals too, it wasn't just black nerds who can quote black panther lore by heart. My auntie who never watched a superhero movie in her life saw that shyt like 3 times.
Which is why i don't think the majority of the audience is going to be mad that there is no T'challa. To them Chadwick was T'challa and he's obviously dead, so having someone else take up the mantel would make alot of sense to them i think.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
but what if John Stewart died In real life and they move to Kyle Rainer :patrice:
I'm not as familiar with that version of green lantern. But to me the whole mystique of the ring choosing someone to become green lantern whenever the bearer dies is a cool aspect of green lantern mythos anyways, it would make more sense for the ring to choose someone else anyways over simply recasting the same character like nothing happened. This MCU thing has been going on since 2008 and will probably continue under the same canon until were all old. Recasting every 10 years would get tiresome anyway. better to introduce new characters to take over for old ones.