first robocop review out, No Surprise It sucks....

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
pretty damn good movie :ehh:.....they went with the human/robot conflict to the extreme which left only a lil action to be in the movie (he barely patrolled the city) but i still give it a 7.5/10 cuz when it did get to the action the shyt was on point and all the performances were on point....if it doesnt get a sequel, it'll be a lost opportunity cuz there's a lot they can do with it

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Just got back seeing this and I tried to watch the movie with an open mind but as an overall film it was just lacking something. The film was missing the soul so you really didn't really care for none of the characters and the movie didn't really have a climax scene either. Maybe the studio butchered the film during the editing process.

exactly how i feel...it was too watered down

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie should've done better. Some people just have a hard time not comparing re-makes/reboots to previous iterations, much like Dredd.

As much as I like the OG Robocop for it's ultra violence, I like the new one for it's human/android political angle.

This always has much better potential for better sequels.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
This movie should've done better. Some people just have a hard time not comparing re-makes/reboots to previous iterations, much like Dredd.

As much as I like the OG Robocop for it's ultra violence, I like the new one for it's human/android political angle.

This always has much better potential for better sequels.

Well I heard the remake might get a sequel due to the movie doing very well overseas and it can make up what it didn't make domestically with the DVD sales/Rentals. Hopefully they keep the same director and the studio will have less interference the second time around.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $57,279,423 23.8%
+ Foreign: $182,900,000 76.2%
= Worldwide: $240,179,423

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
idk what yall talkin about this shyt was good as hell , only thing i would have liked is if they had kept the O.G silver suit and not gonna with the all black one , solid movie tho

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What happens when you take a rated r movie marketed for adults, (Keep it real alot of those scenes are not for kids)

and then reboot it as a pg 13 movie marketed towards kids.

The difference between Blade and Twilight

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What happens when you take a rated r movie marketed for adults, (Keep it real alot of those scenes are not for kids)

and then reboot it as a pg 13 movie marketed towards kids.

The difference between Blade and Twilight
:what: did you even see it?

In all reality, the OG version may have been rated R, but had toys, comic books, video games, and even a cartoon marketed to kids. The 1987 Robocop movie had everything young boys like: action, titties, and robots. Whereas the 2014 film is more of a social commentary that would go over most kids heads (and judging by this thread some adults too) if they don't pay attention to the news.

I like both films equally.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:what: did you even see it?

In all reality, the OG version may have been rated R, but had toys, comic books, video games, and even a cartoon marketed to kids. The 1987 Robocop movie had everything young boys like: action, titties, and robots. Whereas the 2014 film is more of a social commentary that would go over most kids heads (and judging by this thread some adults too) if they don't pay attention to the news.

I like both films equally.
To be honest i felt like both film sucked anyways so i wasn't surprise when evrybody(except you) hated this film.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli brehs always have wild opinions.
but critically that movie flopped and its pretty much consensus outside thecoli that it wasn't good.
Mainly due to people not being able to compared the 1987 version to the 2014 version when they are very different films