first robocop review out, No Surprise It sucks....

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I didnt like it, not sure why. It wasnt even the lack of violence or pg13 rating...just didnt enjoy it....

I didnt mind the guy who played robocop tho, he was good.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After finally seeing this I really liked it. Much more of a social commentary than the first. Talked about some serious premises that may come up in the future. I'm really into Asimov, and there was some nod to the laws of robotic. Could have been executed better, but I liked it. Always thought the first is way overrated because of its violence.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
After finally seeing this I really liked it. Much more of a social commentary than the first. Talked about some serious premises that may come up in the future. I'm really into Asimov, and there was some nod to the laws of robotic. Could have been executed better, but I liked it. Always thought the first is way overrated because of its violence.

I agree with you!!!

I watched both the Original Robocop and the Remake back to back last night. I think the remake was a great movie. The PG13 rating people are complaining about is fukking petty and ignorant. This is not a cheesy and lazy copy cat that wanted to just remake and old movie with updated tech. That is down right silly. The 80s Robocop was a fun semi mindless action movie and most of us were young when we saw it. Yea it was super violent, but thats what drove the movie! Over the top Violence and a death scenes. The action scenes wern't really that amazing except at the end when the dude crashed into the Toxic waste lol. Murphy's original death was gruesome, over the top and drawn out. It started to lose its magnitude as the criminals became goofy cornballs. They never really developed Murphy as a person for you to really care. Sure there are some touches on social commentary, but it was so basic and the mindless violence cast a huge shadow over it, which is why I say its semi mindless.

The remake on the other hand was an entirely different entity. It was a social commentary on current topics that are actually being debated today. They developed Murphy and gave his character depth. His family was developed and you are able to really connect with all 3 of them. Murphy's death scene didnt have to be like this for it to have magnitude.

The fact that Murphy's fukking kid saw his dad get blown the fukk up is enough

Showing him come to grips with being what he is was deep and thought provoking on what it is to be human and how the corporations and scientist just dumb it down to chemistry and numbers. Our society is headed towards this robocop future with drones enforcing security, with more advanced prosthetics that will allow musicians to be able to play their music again. If you're looking for a mindless action flick, this isn't it. Its more a though provoking social commentary with some fun action scenes and decent dialogue . I gave it a solid 7

Daps
Reppin
i liked the movie .. except the corny ass character of samuel l. jackson.

everytime he was on the screen, i wanted to punch him. talking about "why is america so robophobic" :camby: :stopitslime:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a combo of violence, humor, and character development

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
i liked the movie .. except the corny ass character of samuel l. jackson.

everytime he was on the screen, i wanted to punch him. talking about "why is america so robophobic" :camby: :stopitslime:
He killed the role of a Fox news conservative news caster though. It was an updated version of the old news segments from the original. Although the very last scene with him was stupid and forced

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I will be honest the remake was actually good they just made one fatal flaw in that they should of planned a big robot fight between Robocop and some hyped up robot (or cyborg) for the finale. The robocop fights in the original two movies were cool as hell for when those movies came out. I know he had a fight with the three walkers in the end but the movie never explained why those walkers were such badasses that Robocop beating them should of been impossible (like they did in the first 2 movies)

When they we're showing candidates for the Robocop program and they saw that one marine who physically fit the profile but was psychology unfit I was sure he was going to be slotted in as the super robot for Robocop to fight but they didn't do that and I think it was a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
saw this last night and i had no idea my nikka Holder was playing Robocop :wow:

i wouldve seen it in theaters had i known

movie was decent.My only gripe was that suit :scusthov:

the grey/silver one was cool but the black suit was terrible

probably wont watch it again but its not terrible like everyone is claiming

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
saw this last night and i had no idea my boo Holder was playing Robocop :wow:

i would've seen it in theaters had i known

movie was decent.My only gripe was that suit :scusthov:

the grey/silver one was cool but the black suit was terrible

probably wont watch it again but its not terrible like everyone is claiming

I don't get the hate for the suit :mindblown: it's a realistic modern update. What would you rather it look like?