First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I'm at the point where I'm about to get shock jockey. I have about 1700 in coins. What vigors are most important for me to upgrade at this point? I'm playing on hard and the fire fights are starting to get a bit easier but I know I have a long way to go

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I wanna see what the DLC for this game is gonna look like before I cop the season pass.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Did i miss something or can you only hold 2 weapons at once??? :why:

And how come i upgrade my shield and health but the meters stay the same length?

Also what should i spend my money on mostly? Seems the most important things are vigor updates like devil kiss increases but theyre so expensive you can only buy them twice per level.

Visually this game is stunning, they out did themselves but play wise its a step back. i thought hed be way more armed and upgraded. :shaq2:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
For elizabeths mom. use the ram charge. i got rid of her in 3 hits. granted my charge is modified to where i get shield back and i have fire melee so whoever touches me catches on fire.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
that's the end of the game. that's the actual final sequence. some advice
you can ride the rails and jump off on the blimps to go inside and take them down. i beat it by taking down the first blimp myself using the bird to take down the second and at the same time taking down the third one manually. also before the first blimp two guys that shoot rockets jump on your ship and when the second and third blimps appear i think like 3 more jump onboard.

i kept losing that battle over and over again because i didn't notice the second group of guys that shoot rockets as i was too consumed with taking down the blimps and they took down my ship pretty quickly. the patriots i mostly ignored or had the bird kill because if the bird kills them they you can use him again pretty quick

lastly there are checkpoints where when you kill the last enemy the next set will come. if you leave one shooter from the previous enemy group alive he won't damage the ship that much and you can wait till you can use the bird again then kill him

the best power to use is the crows because it can kill regular enemies and if living enemies get too close to the dead ones they get attacked by the crows too if you powered it up.

So far ive breezed thru the game this is theonly part thats giving me that work. ill try this. its that second or third wave of patriots that are getting me. im even taking down the blipms manually but as soon as they show up they do the final damage.

Edit: it worked. :martel:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I'm playing this game now, but I didn't play either of the other ones, so I'm lost...LOL!

But so far, it's been ok (I'm not that far in yet). But I get the feeling that I should have played the other games first.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm playing this game now, but I didn't play either of the other ones, so I'm lost...LOL!

But so far, it's been ok (I'm not that far in yet). But I get the feeling that I should have played the other games first.

meh, those games won't help you much with the story. but you should check out the first Bioshock

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Did i miss something or can you only hold 2 weapons at once??? :why:

And how come i upgrade my shield and health but the meters stay the same length?

Also what should i spend my money on mostly? Seems the most important things are vigor updates like devil kiss increases but theyre so expensive you can only buy them twice per level.

Visually this game is stunning, they out did themselves but play wise its a step back. i thought hed be way more armed and upgraded.

Yea it seems the shield upgrade is worthless. I tried it twice and it didn't move so I said fukk it. Don't need it anyway.

I thought the same about the gameplay. They should have kept the layout of Bioshock 2 so you can map the vigors to the d-pad and carry multiple weapons.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
A good tip on how to get extra coins is to check EVERY vending machine even if you are not going to buy anything. Elizabeth will most likely give u cash when you exit out the vending machine..thank me later :smugbiden:

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WeiqQvbjE"]BioShock Infinite SPOILED GAMES Pt 2! Luteces, Elizabeth, & More with Jeff Gerstmann & Kevin VanOrd - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty good discussion they have about the game :ld:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Akeem

Daps
Just beat 1999 mode without using dollar bill machines. :win:

Last few battles went alot smoother than expected.

Prince Akeem

Daps
For elizabeths mom. use the ram charge. i got rid of her in 3 hits. granted my charge is modified to where i get shield back and i have fire melee so whoever touches me catches on fire.

Yeah...Leveled up ram charge+pyromaniac+burning halo+shotgun= :smugbiden:

Prince Akeem

Daps
So far ive breezed thru the game this is theonly part thats giving me that work. ill try this. its that second or third wave of patriots that are getting me. im even taking down the blipms manually but as soon as they show up they do the final damage.

Edit: it worked. :martel:

Also...Cover the engine with return to sender traps and they won't be able to damage the ship.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Yea it seems the shield upgrade is worthless. I tried it twice and it didn't move so I said fukk it. Don't need it anyway.

I thought the same about the gameplay. They should have kept the layout of Bioshock 2 so you can map the vigors to the d-pad and carry multiple weapons.

Im sayin tho....2 weapons when u have an arsenal of like 20? Thats some :snoop: shyt. Makes it seem like they put 99% of their effort into the story/visuals and the gameplay was a last second throwaway addon. Still like the game just too bad they missed a potential GOAT candidate by fukkin up the gameplay portion