First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I'm not feeling the gameplay really. I dread combat moments because it's just not that fun and is frustrating.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
:mindblown: yo i never even thought about using that shyt but that is a pretty good strategy :ohhh:

My mind was blown when I found out about that as well.

It was so ill watching 4 patriots and 5 vox shoot at the engine from all sides and not do any damage was :wow:

In 1999 mode mind you.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
My mind was blown when I found out about that as well.

It was so ill watching 4 patriots and 5 vox shoot at the engine from all sides and not do any damage was :wow:

In 1999 mode mind you.

:heh: i think most ppl forget about that vigor so they never really tested it out on that last fight...this is most definitely the strategy you are supposed to use to make that fight easier...props to you breh:salute:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Just finished this. Beat it on hard mode.:snoop: @ me missing ONE recording and not getting the achievement.

I'm not gonna say too much right now except that I don't think it was as good as Bioshock. And unfortunately...it's mostly gameplay issues. But also some atmosphere and lore stuff. Elizabeth is the cats meow and I'm always down for the sci-fi stuff...but this just didn't have that extra inch. Still a great game. Hope it sells well.

Seen a lot of snark from the indie game community about this game, fukking nerds are DYING for this to fail so that they can claim it as the last attempt at taking AAA seriously. fukk em. Long live million dollar budgets....:smugfavre: Pixel bullshyt will NEVER draw me in a world like this did.

I'll probably talk more about the theories and such later. I redboxed this so I was burning through the mother fukker, I need to eat. I may pick this up in like a year when it's like 15 bucks so.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just finished this. Beat it on hard mode.:snoop: @ me missing ONE recording and not getting the achievement.

I'm not gonna say too much right now except that I don't think it was as good as Bioshock. And unfortunately...it's mostly gameplay issues. But also some atmosphere and lore stuff. Elizabeth is the cats meow and I'm always down for the sci-fi stuff...but this just didn't have that extra inch. Still a great game. Hope it sells well.

Seen a lot of snark from the indie game community about this game, fukking nerds are DYING for this to fail so that they can claim it as the last attempt at taking AAA seriously. fukk em. Long live million dollar budgets....:smugfavre: Pixel bullshyt will NEVER draw me in a world like this did.

I'll probably talk more about the theories and such later. I redboxed this so I was burning through the mother fukker, I need to eat. I may pick this up in like a year when it's like 15 bucks so.

Man I mirror this guy sentiments. This is a good game but I wouldn't call it great being that the first bioshock was superior as far as gameplay mechanics and atmosphere. Hell you can't even do exploration,level your vigors,or your weapons as deep as you could in bishock 1. I think that levine didn't know where he wanted to go and amidst the deadline settled with this half assed story we was given like for instance if comstock/aka you know who was so racist and xenophobic of anything not american why and how did he recruit scientist from the uk to build him a city plus a dimensional weapon? How come when you're walking through the city no one ever gets alerted by your presence with elizabeth or better yet you're walking around with a rilfe :russ: and no never gets alerted. And for the people that beat the game and fully understand the ending and story why didn't comstock just murder before entering the city? All the sudden the vox storyline gets tossed in the bushes? I also find it hypocritical that major media hasn't called out levine on his convoluted bullshyt when people complain about fukking MGS :russ:. This game is really a 7.5/10 imo :ehh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
@King Sun

if comstock/aka you know who was so racist and xenophobic of anything not american why and how did he recruit scientist from the uk to build him a city plus a dimensional weapon?

the scientists are WASPs...exactly what he likes.

How come when you're walking through the city no one ever gets alerted by your presence with elizabeth or better yet you're walking around with a rilfe :russ: and no never gets alerted.

i don't think there is a part in the game where you have a gun and are walking around civilians.
the beginning of the game at the carnival, no gun.
at the beach when you wake up, no gun.
watching the tower blow up with the crowd, no gun.

And for the people that beat the game and fully understand the ending and story why didn't comstock just murder before entering the city?

Comstock did not know exactly when he was coming?
I think the twins you encounter throughout the game are different versions of themselves from different dimensions.
in the graveyard scene you see them shoveling their own graves in a dimension where they are dead.
Comstock could not figure in all of these variables.

All the sudden the vox storyline gets tossed in the bushes?

it didn't get tossed, it got flipped in different dimensions.
the original Vox story you encountered kept going without you after you left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Avoided this thread like the plague and I just beat the game. Definitely top-5 of this gen for me. Loved everything about it. The atmosphere, the story, the ending. :wow:

Thought the gameplay was great too, even though there were a few frustrating parts.

This drew me in much more than the original Bioshock. I think only Last of Us, GTAV (if they come with a RDR-level story) and Watch Dogs have a chance of being better games this year.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
Avoided this thread like the plague and I just beat the game. Definitely top-5 of this gen for me. Loved everything about it. The atmosphere, the story, the ending. :wow:

Thought the gameplay was great too, even though there were a few frustrating parts.

This drew me in much more than the original Bioshock. I think only Last of Us, GTAV (if they come with a RDR-level story) and Watch Dogs have a chance of being better games this year.

infinite is top 5 of all time for me...i don't even think those three games will come close to infinite on a narative level..gameplay probably

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wow it's crazy how much love this game is getting.
I just traded it in at Best buy for 36 :whew: I bought it for 45 from Best Buy to begin with.
I dunno I just don't see what all the hype is about, when you compare a game like this to say Far Cry 3. Far Cry 3 to me is more fun and I could tell a bunch of fun stories about unexpected things happening and how I made my own adventure.
In this game however I don't get that same feeling, the gun play in FC3 >>>>> than this, the upgrade system, actually being able to stealth through parts of the game etc.
I know what you'll say "But Ice the story the atmosphere!?!?!"
Now let me break out these spoilers
I for one am not buying that the Vox populi leader just suddenly goes mad dog. it's not a stretch to think yeah she'd kill kids [word to haitis uprising] but first off that everyone immediately knows it's booker is :childplease: status I mean, if he's been dead long enough to have murals made of him I think more people would be shocked he's alive and in disbelief than to think "yeah let's kill this nikka" but I digress.
Someone was praising the story [on some website or another] and they were like "oh in most games you'd help the rebels and that'd be it but not this game cuz it's so deep" but I've played games before like say the witcher 2 where the rebels are being helped by a group of blood thirsty terrorist :dry:, or RDR when you help the mexican revolutionary types. Also they don't do a good job in my opinion of setting up the Vox populi to be this at all cost organization and second off, if the fallout in civilian casualties it's supposed to effect me :snoop: they sat idly by while people were oppressed, played games making a mockery of said people and threw baseballs at them at carnivals :pacspit: not saying they all deserve to die to :manny: not like they're exactly innocent either.
So what exactly makes this game so great? and top 5 of all time in your opinions? I mean as far as gameplay in a third person shooter I'd say FC3 has it beat hands down.
From an immersion point of view I'd set it about equal to FC3
As far as Story besides the sci fi bits it again doesn't really push the limits besides being one of the first games I've played that addresses racism like it does but let's keep it gully from an atmospheric point of view RDR is a more complete experience with more realistic results to your action imo.
FC3 also beats it in terms of gameplay and interactivity with the environment.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wow it's crazy how much love this game is getting.
I just traded it in at Best buy for 36 :whew: I bought it for 45 from Best Buy to begin with.
I dunno I just don't see what all the hype is about, when you compare a game like this to say Far Cry 3. Far Cry 3 to me is more fun and I could tell a bunch of fun stories about unexpected things happening and how I made my own adventure.
In this game however I don't get that same feeling, the gun play in FC3 >>>>> than this, the upgrade system, actually being able to stealth through parts of the game etc.
I know what you'll say "But Ice the story the atmosphere!?!?!"
Now let me break out these spoilers
I for one am not buying that the Vox populi leader just suddenly goes mad dog. it's not a stretch to think yeah she'd kill kids [word to haitis uprising] but first off that everyone immediately knows it's booker is :childplease: status I mean, if he's been dead long enough to have murals made of him I think more people would be shocked he's alive and in disbelief than to think "yeah let's kill this nikka" but I digress.
Someone was praising the story [on some website or another] and they were like "oh in most games you'd help the rebels and that'd be it but not this game cuz it's so deep" but I've played games before like say the witcher 2 where the rebels are being helped by a group of blood thirsty terrorist :dry:, or RDR when you help the mexican revolutionary types. Also they don't do a good job in my opinion of setting up the Vox populi to be this at all cost organization and second off, if the fallout in civilian casualties it's supposed to effect me :snoop: they sat idly by while people were oppressed, played games making a mockery of said people and threw baseballs at them at carnivals :pacspit: not saying they all deserve to die to :manny: not like they're exactly innocent either.
So what exactly makes this game so great? and top 5 of all time in your opinions? I mean as far as gameplay in a third person shooter I'd say FC3 has it beat hands down.
From an immersion point of view I'd set it about equal to FC3
As far as Story besides the sci fi bits it again doesn't really push the limits besides being one of the first games I've played that addresses racism like it does but let's keep it gully from an atmospheric point of view RDR is a more complete experience with more realistic results to your action imo.
FC3 also beats it in terms of gameplay and interactivity with the environment.
the Vox were no better than their oppressors. just because they were oppressed didn't make them good or even better than Columbia's populace.

Verily I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
the Vox were no better than their oppressors. just because they were oppressed didn't make them good or even better than Columbia's populace.
But what's your proof of this?
were they raping in the streets? were they eating babies? maybe i missed those vox's but i dont see where that jump was made.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
there were moments where you walk around armed in front of both civilians and cops. this is part of the reason why i wish it played more like deus ex. future detroit behaved like a real place, if you go around armed, people will acknowledge your weapons, and you can actually talk and get things done with words, unlike this game. the first bioshock didnt need talking and interaction with people because they were all insane plasmid addicts. this game needs middleground between action and role playing.

i also dont like how they make the vox equal to a bunch of fascists. it's cowardly storytelling, in my opinion.