First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
man i dnt see how u nigas could rush to finish this game so quickly...im trying to do everything as slow as possible just to make this game last longer :ohlawd:

I dnt want it to end brehs:wow:
i didn't necessarily know the game was about to end until i was right at the end. i guess looking back on it i should have figured once the plot points you to Comstock's house its about to wrap up.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Im actually looking forward for the dlc so yeah id say its replayablity is high

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Looking for that jell roll morton style cover of Billie Jean

Imagine coming across DMX's "Hows it goin Down"

'I dont believe this'
'Goodmorrow?'
'To whom Are You Performing Felatio!?!?'
'Dont call me with such boulderdash Alright'
'Thou art lying! Tho art lying to me b!'
'Thou art correct!!'
'Whose Prick art thou swallowing? I just heard Some Foul Sh1t about thou'
'Felatio me! You ingrate swine'
'NAY! THOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME! YOU KNOW TO WHOM IM REFERRING TO!'
'I am not well informed in Columbia'
'...thou art lying tho art lying...Must I Sayeth his name As Well!?!?'
'TO WHOM ARE YOU REFERRING!??!!'
'WENCH YOURE HAVING RELATIONS WITH HIM!!'

uhhh uhhh

they say oposites attract but were very much alike so lets break that stereotype tonite!
madame, i dont know why youd stay with him
hes the type to order dinner and not pay for it
matter fact you can tellem im not afraid to facem, ill pull out my muskets and just erase him.
we could speed in my carriage with a race horse Ill treat you so much better than them other whores
when i found you were in the gutter reading shaekespeare sonnets, i could get you lavish from the gowns to the bonnets

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
Im almost at the end of the game playing on hard and :damn::damn: these nigas spiked the difficulty sky fukking high :to: this shyt is impossible rite now:to:

Im at the part where

you take control of songbird after killing comstock and have to protect the core

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Im almost at the end of the game playing on hard and :damn::damn: these nigas spiked the difficulty sky fukking high :to: this shyt is impossible rite now:to:

Im at the part where

you take control of songbird after killing comstock and have to protect the core
that's the end of the game. that's the actual final sequence. some advice
you can ride the rails and jump off on the blimps to go inside and take them down. i beat it by taking down the first blimp myself using the bird to take down the second and at the same time taking down the third one manually. also before the first blimp two guys that shoot rockets jump on your ship and when the second and third blimps appear i think like 3 more jump onboard.

i kept losing that battle over and over again because i didn't notice the second group of guys that shoot rockets as i was too consumed with taking down the blimps and they took down my ship pretty quickly. the patriots i mostly ignored or had the bird kill because if the bird kills them they you can use him again pretty quick

lastly there are checkpoints where when you kill the last enemy the next set will come. if you leave one shooter from the previous enemy group alive he won't damage the ship that much and you can wait till you can use the bird again then kill him

the best power to use is the crows because it can kill regular enemies and if living enemies get too close to the dead ones they get attacked by the crows too if you powered it up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finished it and enjoyed it, but I think there will be a GTA4-esque backlash soon :wow:
i doubt it. mainly because people like this game moreso for its narrative than for it being an actual game. the gameplay is serviceable IMO it functions just enough to let the world and narrative do the heavy lifting.

the real reason the GTA backlash happened is because people were enchanted by the fact that they hadn't experienced a GTA game on this generation of consoles and it did advance the series in some respects but it regressed it in others. once people got used to the fact that this is a generation 7 GTA the novelty of that wore off and they were left with a game with far less options than the previous game in the series.

Bioshock doesn't have that superficial novelty going for it.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
some of you have complained about there only being one save slot.
however, i noticed that you can load previous chapters. i have not tried it yet.
if i do, can i go back and unlock safes and lock boxes then load up the most recent part of the game with the shyt that i got?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
some of you have complained about there only being one save slot.
however, i noticed that you can load previous chapters. i have not tried it yet.
if i do, can i go back and unlock safes and lock boxes then load up the most recent part of the game with the shyt that i got?

well there's only one save slot. so it either overwrites your save, or doesn't save. I imagine, like a lot of modern games, what 'collectibles' you've found are saved separately. that seems to be the standard these days: you find something, die and go back to a checkpoint from before you found it, but you don't have to find that thing again. that way you can "100%" the game without having to do it all in one playthrough

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
I'm about to go on my second playthrough in '1999 mode'. I can't even fathom how difficult
the final battle on the airship
is gonna be :sadcam:

I just started my second playthrough on 1999 mode i think im gunna die at least a thousand times :merchant: cus Hard mode really gave me that work..had to lower the difficulty just to beat the end part :sadcam:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Can you get the items out of the shipping area without alerting every fukk boy in the radius?