First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
The best moment so far in this game for me is playing that guitar while elizabeth sang in the shantytown. That shyt gave me goosebumps straight up :wow:...this might be the greatest game i ever played brehs shyt is brilliant :to:

Yeah, that was unexpected. The best part for me was the beginning,
in the church while the choir sings "Will the Circle Be Unbroken", seeing people worship Washington, Franklin, and Jefferson
I'm like 'WTF is this game on??' :heh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:usure: why dont the people use vigors? in the first game, everybody was on plasmids, and it made the environment more hellish. these people have amazing power being advertised on billboards all around them and only a few NPCs will actually use them.

im 4 hours in and i have conflicting feelings about this game. on average i would say it is on par with the original but for differing reasons. i think i would rather watch bioshock infinite as a movie, and experience the original bioshock as a game.

im not a fan of the guns in this game, probably because of the controls and the distances shootouts tend to take in this game as opposed to the original. i keep trying to use my ironsights and end up using a vigor instead. i know you can map your keys, but doing anything different would then make the vigors more cumbersome to use.

i dont want to sound like this game is bad, the world they have created is amazing, but the combat really needs time to grow on me.

Theres a controller that maps the vigors to the r2 buttons and makes the controls more traditional

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Just finished this game.... I'm impressed I was really looking for the twist and still couldn't clearly see how they were going to wrap it up.

The vigors are weak in this game but he AI is really top notch. I really found myself missing the way the fire plasmids reacted in the previous titles.

I think I fully understand the ending but maybe my coli brehs can shed some light.

so the lutuces are actually the same person but from different universes, one where he's a man and another when he's a woman right? This was a grand experiment designed by them/him, That's why they pop up helping booker fight himself, a self that they had a major role in creating? Are they gods? I ask because out of the infinite universes there's only two of them those are some crazy odds. Anna is now and Elizabeth died with comstock? Very ironic how the moment he's baptized he becomes evil. I thought I would have to fight the song bird.

Can someone confirm or argue against these thoughts ?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man, you guys are quick with beating the game! Serious business. Lol. I just picked this up today.....along with a Wii U Deluxe and Devil May Cry, lol. In any case, I'm definitely diving into this game this weekend.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished this game.... I'm impressed I was really looking for the twist and still couldn't clearly see how they were going to wrap it up.

The vigors are weak in this game but he AI is really top notch. I really found myself missing the way the fire plasmids reacted in the previous titles.

I think I fully understand the ending but maybe my coli brehs can shed some light.

so the lutuces are actually the same person but from different universes, one where he's a man and another when he's a woman right? This was a grand experiment designed by them/him, That's why they pop up helping booker fight himself, a self that they had a major role in creating? Are they gods? I ask because out of the infinite universes there's only two of them those are some crazy odds. Anna is now and Elizabeth died with comstock? Very ironic how the moment he's baptized he becomes evil. I thought I would have to fight the song bird.

Lol nah I think you're way off breh

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile

An Attempt to Understand BioShock Infinite's Brilliant and Bizarre Ending - Forbes

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

i think i understand a bit better now the Luteces existed beyond the dimensions after Fink's failed attempt to kill them and could hop dimensions at will. their goal was to reset the timeline to basically erase what they did because Comstock had them "killed."

at the beginning of the game there's that raffle and Booker is killed in one dimension so they hop to another dimension and send that telegram to tip him off and he lives. they tend to pop up and speculate on what Booker will do because as they're world hopping they really don't know.

your play through of the game is essentially the perfect version of their dimension jumping where everything ends up lining up and Booker makes it to the end and finds out he is Comstock and lets Elizabeth destroy the divergence point .

this is now totally me winging it but "our Elizabeth" who had her powers unchained calls every Elizabeth to the divergence point and they all drown Booker at the same time erasing both of their existences because Booker has Elizabeth or Anna after he rejects the baptism in dimensions where he doesn't become Comstock.

all of that now makes sense to me but the post credits scene i have no idea about.

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
i think i understand a bit better now the Luteces existed beyond the dimensions after Fink's failed attempt to kill them and could hop dimensions at will. their goal was to reset the timeline to basically erase what they did because Comstock had them "killed."

at the beginning of the game there's that raffle and Booker is killed in one dimension so they hop to another dimension and send that telegram to tip him off and he lives. they tend to pop up and speculate on what Booker will do because as they're world hopping they really don't know.

your play through of the game is essentially the perfect version of their dimension jumping where everything ends up lining up and Booker makes it to the end and finds out he is Comstock and lets Elizabeth destroy the divergence point .

this is now totally me winging it but "our Elizabeth" who had her powers unchained calls every Elizabeth to the divergence point and they all drown Booker at the same time erasing both of their existences because Booker has Elizabeth or Anna after he rejects the baptism in dimensions where he doesn't become Comstock.

all of that now makes sense to me but the post credits scene i have no idea about.

When they drown Booker at the baptism they are destroying the Comstock cycle, so when Booker reaches that point and chooses to go through with the baptism he dies and does not become Comstock. If he chooses not to go through with it then we get the the post credits scene. there is no more Comstock to open a tear and offer Booker the deal for Anna. So everything has been fixed.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The atmosphere/setting in this game :ohlawd:

The only complaint I have so far is the dying system...I turned off vita chambers in the first game because when I die I just wanna die and try again....I don't like this whole "die and pay a fine" bullshyt they got going on. No save anywhere feature is ass too.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
The atmosphere/setting in this game :ohlawd:

The only complaint I have so far is the dying system...I turned off vita chambers in the first game because when I die I just wanna die and try again....I don't like this whole "die and pay a fine" bullshyt they got going on. No save anywhere feature is ass too.
Use the konami code and play in 1999 mode

Daps
Lol nah I think you're way off breh

Help me bring it home then breh :ohlawd:

I may have been off about the Luteces being gods, but that was just a reach of mine, but I was right about them not actually being twins. They are different forms of each other. I just want to know who they are, and how they got their gifts, etc. I wasn't off at all about Ann/Elizabeth. "our elizabeth" is gone. No Comstock, no "inter-dimensional liz" that seems pretty clear. Him dying right then and there stops both Comstock, and dewitt (the leader of the Vox rebellion).

What I just don't seem to get is : There isn't ANY universe where Dewitt tells Comstock "no you can't have my kid, i'll keep my debt"? We're talking about an infinite amount of possibilities here, and this NEVER HAPPENS ON ITS OWN?

On another note, What kind of necklace did you guys pick for liz? I picked the bird but I didn't see how this choice impacted everything and the Luteces didn't comment.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What I just don't seem to get is : There isn't ANY universe where Dewitt tells Comstock "no you can't have my kid, i'll keep my debt"? We're talking about an infinite amount of possibilities here, and this NEVER HAPPENS ON ITS OWN?
no there isn't some things are variables some things are constants. like the baptism that is also a constant and always happens. its suspect writing. you can't really write something like this and not have plot holes because when multiple universes and time travel are introduced the writer has to create a general logic and plot to have it resemble something that makes sense and once they nail down a direction the theoretical logic of infinite multiple parallel universes contradicts the plot.
When they drown Booker at the baptism they are destroying the Comstock cycle, so when Booker reaches that point and chooses to go through with the baptism he dies and does not become Comstock. If he chooses not to go through with it then we get the the post credits scene. there is no more Comstock to open a tear and offer Booker the deal for Anna. So everything has been fixed.

i still think they all drown and Booker and Anna's existence is erased.our Booker didn't accept the baptism yet he drowns so for that to be the case every Booker would have to drown. perhaps that was a dream in his final moments before he died. it isn't explained just tethered on to the end of the game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i forgot to mention that the save system sucks. im on PC, i should be able to save how i want to save!

I understand locking it down to checkpoints/auto-save, but there being only one save slot is mad wack. I don't even like when games have like 3 slots. it's my hdd, why does it matter how many saves I want to use?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this song is freaky it just doesn't sound right

not a spoiler really just stay away from Youtube comments.

an interesting analysis i read about your deaths in this game
basically any time you die in the game its a failed timeline and the Luteces jump to another world where everything happens exactly the same up until the point you die then that world diverges where you don't die at that point and continues. even in the context of the story the Luteces have clearly been through these events many times.

Last edited by a moderator: