First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
man i just got up to the worst part of this game ever. defending the core against the assault. i killed like 25 patriots and they kept spawning and destroyed it. i thought the siren at the vault was bad but this is insane.

seriously there's no way this isn't the end of the game this shyt is Mass Effect 3 at the end level crazy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
honestly this is the first game that ever made me feel like fukk it i'll just watch the ending on Youtube. i've done this sequence over about 10 times. even the one at the end of Mass Effect 3 wasn't this crazy.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
:ohhh: Breh's, I've only played like 3-4 hours and this game already has me feeling like I'm playing a future classic :wow:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i've played about an hour of it...the set up is amazing.

nationalism...religious zealots...blending historical figures with religion, class warfare...

so many bases hit in the first hour.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
finally beat the game after figuring out why i kept losing it was actually pretty easy.

my thoughts on the ending
two things writers should never feature in their stories are time travel and alternate dimensions. this game went off the deep end about the time Liz pulled Booker into the future through that tear because if he rushed off to kill Songbird it would have killed him and had her follow in her father's footsteps. actually that's pretty close to the end of the game. anyway i get that Comstock is an alternate version of Booker and stole his own child from our Booker's world and our Booker went crazy and invented a story when he was really going to Comstock's world to get his daughter back. what i don't get is the divergence point where Booker either remains as he is and rejects the baptism or accepts it and becomes Comstock. if all his alternate versions of his daughters drown him so the divergence point never happens what the hell is that shyt after the credits? every Booker and every timeline would have to cease to exist to prevent Comstock from ever existing right?

also towards the middle of the game Liz and Booker go through a tear because Lin died then they go through another tear and come back to a world where Daisy got the guns and went insane. did they ever actually make it back to their original timeline? or the original Comstock timeline they left the first time.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
the visuals in this game are beautiful, the first time i seen that statue floating in the sky
:krs:
fun so far, and i agree with what yall saying about Elizabeth,

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
The best moment so far in this game for me is playing that guitar while elizabeth sang in the shantytown. That shyt gave me goosebumps straight up :wow:...this might be the greatest game i ever played brehs shyt is brilliant :to:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
:usure: why dont the people use vigors? in the first game, everybody was on plasmids, and it made the environment more hellish. these people have amazing power being advertised on billboards all around them and only a few NPCs will actually use them.

im 4 hours in and i have conflicting feelings about this game. on average i would say it is on par with the original but for differing reasons. i think i would rather watch bioshock infinite as a movie, and experience the original bioshock as a game.

im not a fan of the guns in this game, probably because of the controls and the distances shootouts tend to take in this game as opposed to the original. i keep trying to use my ironsights and end up using a vigor instead. i know you can map your keys, but doing anything different would then make the vigors more cumbersome to use.

i dont want to sound like this game is bad, the world they have created is amazing, but the combat really needs time to grow on me.