First Look: Will Smith and Margot Robbie in ‘Focus’ Update: New Trailer Posted

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well, I don't make any apologies that I would like most things darker….but the movie seems more confused on that issue then me, in this case.

I think your issue is the fact this movie never had a TRUE antagonist. The manipulation of the idea that the stakes were suddenly risen when it never was.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think your issue is the fact this movie never had a TRUE antagonist. The manipulation of the idea that the stakes were suddenly risen when it never was.
Well I guess it was Will smith fighting his own nature and trying to not be a good person

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie, have nothing negative to say about this flick. That scene with Will and the asian nikka was pretty intense
I think that scene set up the whole movie , once it went the positive way I knew were this movie was headed . I know this project been around forever I wonder if will changed stuff , because its a pretty harmless movie ( which I dont mind )
Actually it does.

You at first think she's conning him, but then you think that's too obvious. you then think he's falling for her, but then that's too obvious.

Ultimately you don't know what's real until the end.

I will admit the ending w/ the "dad" is absurd, the premise of the movie is absurd in general, but I've seen y'all praise far less intriguing movies on here. So for me it's a "B" grade b/c I never got bored.
To me the ending was fine because it shows the difference in the type of men will and his "dad" . :yeshrug: it's really a date movie and it was promoted as a different kind of movie . @re'up I'll give you that . It should of played up the chemistry more and not the con/crime Angle

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that scene set up the whole movie , once it went the positive way I knew were this movie was headed . I know this project been around forever I wonder if will changed stuff , because its a pretty harmless movie ( which I dont mind )

To me the ending was fine because it shows the difference in the type of men will and his "dad" . :yeshrug: it's really a date movie and it was promoted as a different kind of movie . @re'up I'll give you that . It should of played up the chemistry more and not the con/crime Angle

I took it the opposite. That the entire film is one big CON game fronting like a romantic date movie. End the end, you're not really exactly sure if they were together or just merely got mutual understanding. If anything, this was more about Nicky trying his best to live up to his own father's standards... and flunking.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I took it the opposite. That the entire film is one big CON game fronting like a romantic date movie. End the end, you're not really exactly sure if they were together or just merely got mutual understanding. If anything, this was more about Nicky trying his best to live up to his own father's standards... and flunking.
Your right :heh: I jjst think the previews made it seem darker than it is to me and focused on the crime which wasn't the focus . I love the whole lie will made up on the spot to save her though , had me like :leon: when it was fake . The Chinese part was intense , and the whole race track part earlier to make it seem like had a gambling problem was very nice touch , I was legit :to: :dwillhuh::what::why::dahell::damn::mindblown: At that part .like nooooo will !!!!!! I thought the movie was going that route

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

lol you have gone off the deep end…..but, it's admirable you liked the movie that much.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your right :heh: I jjst think the previews made it seem darker than it is to me and focused on the crime which wasn't the focus . I love the whole lie will made up on the spot to save her though , had me like :leon: when it was fake . The Chinese part was intense , and the whole race track part earlier to make it seem like had a gambling problem was very nice touch , I was legit :to: :dwillhuh::what::why::dahell::damn::mindblown: At that part .like nooooo will !!!!!! I thought the movie was going that route

I lost my shyt that this dude literally pulled an INCEPTION on the dude.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Actually it does.

You at first think she's conning him, but then you think that's too obvious. you then think he's falling for her, but then that's

I'm taking about the movie giving you clues to the truth, which didn't happen.

The entire being sequence at the faux Super Bowl was nonsense.

My biggest problem was how their relationship ended in New Orleans. No reasoning, nothing. And we're supposed to care about them three years later? Nah.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I feel as though going into this with the idea that its a romantic......thriller isn't too bad, is it? I low key really really wanna watch it, and will probably catch it on matinee this week. I still think it looks really dope. :yeshrug: