First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nikka why are u so upset its not that serious:what:
u going mad hard:what:

you are the one going mad hard, about this shyt.
you are the one creating this false fake ass narrative and just upset somebody is around with the facts. to debunk that bullshyt.

the question should be after you drop your imaginary pom pom's for the ball family.
is are they going to give you a pair of zo2's via charity.
or if you are going to buy a pair your damn self.
as you are arguing like you got a pair and mad as hell.
nobody else is really feeling this shoe, or lavar ball.
to make it into what you conjured up in your brain this half wit shyt was gonna be anyway.

plus, real talk,...lavar ball talembout he going to buy ten pairs of zo2 shoes.
that cost five dollars for him to make with a 490 mark up.

art barr

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wouldn't do shyt my man but talk that online sounds good talk. As far as the Gucci stuff yeah your just stupid using emotional arguments that may work at the barber shop but have no basis in reality. Have fun with it fam.

I will. I can tell you're quiet as shyt at the barbershop tho. Because when a man can hold his own and debate in real life, he doesn't have to come online to call people stupid from the safety of a monitor. You're non confrontational offline so I get that Keyboard Courage got you popping off. But just know if me and your dad shot the fifth, that mufukka would lose teeth. Real talk. :sas1:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
hes building his brand now:mjgrin: he might not have all the resources to have million dollar super bowl commercials but u gotta start somewhere:mjgrin:

And this isn't how you start.

The actual documentary about the man who made NIKE what it is today is on Netflix, it was a 30 for 30 special

They didn't go around boasting about being the biggest this or that, overcharging for shoes, trying to be the loudest and biggest brand out there - they built up over time

He's trying to hit homeruns from the parking lot, gotta get in the gate first :stopitslime:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
The Gucci name holds a certain standard and expectation based on decades of consistent quality. I totally expect a shoe made by Gucci or Nike to be constructed well. On the otherhand, we have no idea about the quality of the BBB shoes at all or if it will be consistent with each shoe. Looking at their other products, the brand seems to be extremely low-quality and tacky. It looks like a Payless brand and we have no way of knowing how durable the shoes are or how they run size wise. The no-return policy and fact that the Ball's aren't even wearing the shoe also makes it look sketchy.

You can charge any price you want, but that doesn't mean the consumers will perceive it to have the same worth. You buy brands based on your perception and/or past history with them. For example, I don't fool with Reebok at all anymore because of the discomfort their shoes gave me when they were all I wore in the Cash Money era. On the otherhand, Nike shoes have fit me well. You also buy based on supply and demand. You can't buy Gucci & Prada everywhere so it's exclusive aspirational clothing. People talk about the hood buying high-priced designer clothes but the actual percentage that buy authentic designer wear is small.

:snoop: I can't believe this is having to be explained to grown men

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
No, they had :mjpls:
michael jordan aint no lonzo ball:mjgrin: - lavar

nah but seriously, they didnt start off with him so its not the same.. they were already an established brand by the time mj came around

I will. I can tell you're quiet as shyt at the barbershop tho. Because when a man can hold his own and debate in real life, he doesn't have to come online to call people stupid from the safety of a monitor. You're non confrontational offline so I get that Keyboard Courage got you popping off. But just know if me and your dad shot the fifth, that mufukka would lose teeth. Real talk. :sas1:
:damn::whoa:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You're completely ignoring my question. I asked if everybody in the hood dissing these would cop em as gucci sneaks if the BBB didn't exist. I suspect because you've bought Gucci products and desperately want to believe it's worth every bit of what you paid for it. So you think it cost more to make Gucci? So if Gucci prices a loafer at $495, how much do you realistically think it cost to make that shoe?
Keep in mind Jordans sell for $200 and up and cost about $5 to make. But Gucci skirts normal business practices in favor of bringing you that "good quality" and not making a profit. Yeah OK. :comeon:

I actually have never purchased any Gucci products. Gucci was an example that I had seen used on here, but I am familiar with the brand. But anyway to answer the bold, yea maybe. But you're both underestimating and underselling the logo of a premier, high end logo on merchandise. You're trying to make it seem like you could get some Payless shoes and throw a luxury logo and people would drop $500. If you're going off that premise then you're wrong

The rest of your post I've already addressed. Yea there is a markup on retail products including luxury goods. Let's not kid ourselves. Your last bolder makes no sense to me. Who said they skirt normal business practices and that they're not making a profit? :dwillhuh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I can tell you like making shyt up like a bytch to fit your narrative. Only a bytch would then exaggerate the calling of someone as stupid to a level in the fukking way beyond. Sit your wack ass down fam. Only lames come online and take someone saying to stupid to extend to your whole life or maybe you're just insecure and I hit a nerve. Anywho saying you're stupid on this topic doesn't mean you're stupid overall but if you're not smart enough to know this already maybe you're really stupid.

As for that other jibber jabber sounds good.

Last edited: