First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Depends on the brand TBH. My main point is that luxury brands use greater quality products to create their merchandise. For people to say you could just slap a Gucci logo on a BBB shoe and still charge a high price is missing the point
_7874697.jpg

Gucci GG Line Flip Flop (Men) | Nordstrom
Price: $360
Breh, keep it 100 in this thread.

I thought I understood where you were coming from but you're just being condescending just to be condescending.

Can you explain to me exactly why or how the use of a higher quality material can somehow be shown in the product I just linked?

You seem to have conceded there is mark up but you also relegate it to somewhat of an afterthought.

Why it is that this Gucci sandal is the price mentioned, according to your theory of higher quality material and a marginal price mark up?

Now, since you argue that a BBB product with a Gucci logo wouldn't be purchased at a high end price... you agree that your argument assumes that a Gucci flip flop, made with the signature high quality material you speak of but with a BBB logo should be able to justify the $360 or slightly lower price? :comeon:

You're completely ignoring the quality and workmanship of a high end brand owning their own factories, using the best quality materials and having their own patented techniques for making those high end shoes.

Financially speaking, regarding the their ability to cut out the middle man because they don't have to pay another company to manufacture their product, shouldn't this bring DOWN costs? :ohhh:

If I owned a clothing company and I had to pay @Rekkapryde to actually make it for me, my price point would have to be a bit higher than if I owned my own means to manufacturing my product since I have to recoup the cost that Rekka would set to make my product at limited quantities.

I think you may be incorrect here, too.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean I get it, the mark up is high with luxury brands. But one thing that people aren't taking about is that when these brands do come out with a price point that's too high & not selling well, these brands have to do markdowns to move products.

Absolutely.

Do you think Lavar Ball is willing to do a markdown when this shoe isn't selling? No of course not because he's not running a legitimate business. The ZO2 shoes are a marketing scheme run by a con man

:dead:

But

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Depends on the brand TBH. My main point is that luxury brands use greater quality products to create their merchandise. For people to say you could just slap a Gucci logo on a BBB shoe and still charge a high price is missing the point

Completely.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
How so? Are you saying the hood wouldn't eat these up if they were released as Gucci's the way they did Prada sneakers? :dame:

*If the BBB didn't exist. Obviously you can't fool them now. :comeon:

Wait a minute, breh.
Can you cut out all this troll'n shyt and you got ewing holding a pair of ewing's the way this works.

You can not be serious with this bogus off brand ass questions.

Art Barr

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
_7874697.jpg

I thought I understood where you were coming from but you're just being condescending just to be condescending.

Can you explain to me exactly why or how the use of a higher quality material can somehow be shown in the product I just linked?

You seem to have conceded there is mark up but you also relegate it to somewhat of an afterthought.

Why it is that this Gucci sandal is the price mentioned, according to your theory of higher quality material and a marginal price mark up?

Now, since you argue that a BBB product with a Gucci logo wouldn't be purchased at a high end price... you agree that your argument assumes that a Gucci flip flop, made with the signature high quality material you speak of but with a BBB logo should be able to justify the $360 or slightly lower price? :comeon:

Financially speaking, regarding the their ability to cut out the middle man because they don't have to pay another company to manufacture their product, shouldn't this bring DOWN costs? :ohhh:

If I owned a clothing company and I had to pay @Rekkapryde to actually make it for me, my price point would have to be a bit higher than if I owned my own means to manufacturing my product since I have to recoup the cost that Rekka would set to make my product at limited quantities.

For most people, there is no justification for that price. The average person will not recognize, appreciate, or value that item and you'll probably never come across someone in real life wearing them. But if you make company with people who wear a lot of Gucci and run in certain circles, they would immediately notice those sandals. There is a small market for that but its there.

I worked in the wine industry and it has the same dynamic. People who aren't experts in the field can't distinguish between high value and low value items. I had to take a class on how to taste wine :what: Most people simply rank wine based on cost and if given the choice, would avoid the $2 and $200 bottles and buy a $20 bottle, thinking they were getting a good wine. With a blind taste test, they wouldnt know the difference. On the other hand, a wine connoisseur could taste a wine and tell you its origin and price point. They would buy the expensive wine and feel they got their moneys worth.

Now lets talk about BBB. Who could look at the Lonzo Ball shoe and say its a high quality item? No one. If that prototype came out last week with no logo, the most knowledgable shoe heads would be pricing it under $100.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Bilz

I agree with you breh. I was confused at another poster's trivializing the "trend" factor of these items because I agree with you on all of the points you hit.

Even taking into consideration the type of grapes or material the highest priced wines/clothes use, the price hike is fukking ridiculous and the materials aren't the reason.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
_7874697.jpg

Read the details my nikka cotdamn. As a consumer you ultimately make the decision on whether those flip flops or any other luxury product is worth what they are charging you. Italian leather & gold straps...as an informed consumer I would expect you to do research on a product that price. And depending where you live you can actually do yourself one better and try them on and see for yourself if the flip flops are superior in quality to any other flip flops you've tried on. It would make less sense to purchase a pair of shoes for $495 sight unseen from a shoe company that hasn't existed longer than a week.

I never argued that the markup was marginal or an after thought. I argued that the main factors driving the price are better quality materials, better technology, company owned patents and techniques for making their product. Every product made for retail has some sort of markup attached to it. It would be foolish to ignore that. The markup is definitely a part of the cost that is passed onto consumers, but as I mentioned it's not the only part

First off you're misquoting me. I didn't say that a BBB product with a Gucci logo wouldn't be purchased at a high end price. I can't control or predict how people spend their money. I said that for people to assume you could just slap a Gucci logo on a lower quality shoe are missing the point of what makes a brand like Gucci desirable in the first place.

Also, I think your assumption about "eliminating the middle man" is all relative, especially if they are investing more in materials, products, payroll, facilities, etc.

Like I just said that depends on a variety of factors. You're over simplifying your business model to try and prove a point. @Rekkapryde might be grateful that you're using his factory and allow you to lease it a rate lower than what it would take for you to own, run and maintain your own. So in that scenario you might come out saving more money on workers and facilities. It really just depends.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That actually doesn't explain a thing.

The only thing that proves is that someone is willing to sell overpriced merchandise... and why wouldn't they. They reap the benefits is it too.

True.

But while some luxury items are legit better like @AVXL said, there are many masquerating and frontin selling cheap shyt for expensive prices just because they slap a name on it. It's up to you to weed out the good from the bullshyt. You know going in that you will def pay a premium for the name, but you have to make sure you are paying for the quality and craftsmanship as well.

Lavar out here selling iron on white tees for 70 dollars. You know it's bullshyt. Even with premium cotton and shyt, no white tee is worth that much because the price in paying for the premium cotton isn't that much higher from a MANUFACTURING perspective than the regular or b/c grade cotton. That's why I laughed when Kanye did that shyt or these other premium brands doing the same shyt.

Pay premium for some shyt that legit looks and is truly premium, not just because of a name. And that goes for ALL THESE MUfukkAZ....Lavar, Polo, Fendi, Gucci, etc.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
You're completely ignoring the quality and workmanship of a high end brand owning their own factories, using the best quality materials and having their own patented techniques for making those high end shoes. You think Lavar got a factory that he owns making #BBB licensed products now? Y'all lookin at the finished product and ignoring everything else needed to make a high end shoe the price that it is

What do you estimate this cost to produce?

C_ZAJZNXUAA9tR1.jpg:large

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Bilz

I agree with you breh. I was confused at another poster's trivializing the "trend" factor of these items because I agree with you on all of the points you hit.

Even taking into consideration the type of grapes or material the highest priced wines/clothes use, the price hike is fukking ridiculous and the materials aren't the reason.

There are a lot of things that play into the price and they'll never be justifiable to most of us, but even the high end brands have a set price structure. If another brand comes around and sold Gucci quality merchandise for cheaper, they would start taking over market share. Some people would stay loyal to Gucci regardless but others are loyal to the quality and value.

A brand like Gucci got where it is by producing high quality items for a long time. People feel comfortable buying their products because they know they will meet or exceed their expectations. Gucci didn't simply make clothes and accessories comparable to the JC Penney brand and charge $500 for the same items to create an illusion of luxury like Lavar is trying to do.

If the shoes ship out and they aren't the best basketball shoes people have ever had, its over. Even if he does meet the mark on quality, there simply aren't many people who:
A. Wear basketball shoes in everyday life
And
B. Have $500 to spend on shoes

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That actually doesn't explain a thing.

The only thing that proves is that someone is willing to sell overpriced merchandise... and why wouldn't they. They reap the benefits is it too.

just admit you really don't know quality and craftsmanship at all.
to the point i should have said.
you need to walk through a neiman's and have a senior sales associate show you the fukk around.

like you are incredibly dense, or just trolling at this point and no one is amused by that level of ignorance on this issue any longer.
as it is apparent to anyone with any knowledge of the sports apparel line game.
that lavar ball has no actual market knowledge research, or any actual real professionalism to the business he would like to enter.
by damaging the ability of living socially and being economically harmfull.
by living vicariously through his sons and their professional pursuits as a professional nba level ball players.

there is no actual anything of any actual relevent market base or economic and revenue footprint research behind this endeavor.
it is a just an ill prepared coot of a black man.
setting back the real actual high quality black entrepreneurship in america.
by trying to irwin r scheister leach off his son's in a readily apparent low quality of ignorance.
centered around being a low rate carni based fashion line.

just the obvious disrespect to michael jordan as a player.
actually plays out in this whole entire situation.
as lavar ball has no idea,..
how in this generation the actual business of selling high end sports apparel even arose to being what it is today.
which is significantly attached to michael jordan and also originally the aji.
being the premium model of the original nike air force line.
of which lavar ball would have had lonzo sign with saucony.
as saucony was the only company to present a market research based design in the opening public gateway interest feelers.
like saucony may have matched the level of lavar ball trolling bravado with a similar marketing campaign strike.
plus came armed with a jordan i brand style of saucony shoe.

Saucony-Originals-.jpg

su17_jd_flightguy_poster_v2_page_1_original-copy.jpg

which i am no big fan of saucony or runners.
yet at least saucony saw to actually make a knock off style brand of a high tier jordan one nu buck knockoffs.
while, being able to show in one simple picture.
saucony's understanding of what this actual draw and business is at its core.
, as far as sports apparel endorsement of a pro nba basketball player in the highest tier of basketball performance shoes.
according to it as a sales driven arena and business.

just the fact, he did not take the next nearest and respected route.
to a company that knows runners and just in simple viral opening.
knew the business from a marketing research point of view in one post of a picture on social media.

lavar ball's ignorance not to match saucony in their marketing.
that matched the ball clan somewhat speculated troll based pr.
was as intelligent an opening you could get from a company on saucony's stature.
as far as a quality shoe maker after being shunned by nike and adidas as far as name sake and quality.
let alone also being told to hit the bricks by ua as well..whom are no guru's at basketball shoes either.
yet, even ua on the launch of the curry one modeled the curry one after the flywire and the later era of nike employing different material for the nike premium endorsee basketball line.
that curry came from at nike.
even ua had great sales when they followed the corporate model of success blueprint of nike's premier line of basketball performance shoes that are not a jordan branded endeavor.
$_32.JPG

shopping

Under-Armour-Curry-One-MVP-2.jpg

[on this model ua copied foam and flywire as an extension of the original flyknit to show their market research of this industry and were wildly successful with curry's original endeavor].

just lavar ball's ignorance at the beginning building blocks of pr and his ignorance to the actual era he should have been cognitive to as well.
shows this is just an igorant stephano capriarti meets the parenting of lindsay lohan level of meglomania.

this is a step by step instruction of what you not supposed to do.
if your child is granted this ability to be a draw in a level of sports, that could lead to a professional draw in a high paying league.

it is disheartening,...really disheartening.
all cause it is this coot, lavar ball.
being given this platform and not being astute enough to seek proper help, and actually educate himself.
especially in this generation wealth changing possibility, that could be ruined as a draw.
from just the pisspoor social economic tampering by lavar ball's ignorant stance to live viciously ignorant and vicarious through his sons unattained potential professional draw in the actual nba.

art barr

bonus:

mj debunks lavar balls lie about the endorsed players at nike.
having no say on the price point or designs, marketing, or production of their endorsed shoe.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
_7874697.jpg

My man you must have ever fukked with "quality" anything if you can't tell the difference at all. Also the difference is usually noticed in person not in a pic but going by what you trying to kick you an Old Navy only type shopper. That's cool but whether it's cars, clothes, homes, etc you can see the difference in quality between things. Now is it worth as much of a market up as it normally has probably not but to not see the difference at all you just haven't had the experience of nice things.