First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Peak Sports USA

Imma leave this here.

Dwight Howard's peak shoes
Homepage-DH2-shoes.jpg

so, now that we know and have a direct comparison to another company whom also bit the Kobe.
Maybe people will realize how much bullshyt lavar ball is on.

You could have signed to peak and got these shoes made, Mr lavar ball.

Not to mention, you are doomed to fail.
Simply because the model shoe you have for the zo2.
You never did any other market research on.
to see if there was another actual shoe that also similarly swiped the Kobe design.

While also ignoring if said shoe was priced at a similar absorbent price point.
Not to mention, pricing said shoe at the over absorbent price point of 495. Has no merit and is not related to tech, quality etc.

Which hurts your brand beyond repair and also marginalizes and regulates it way below the price point of 495.

Art Barr

If lavar ball was smart.
He would have asked for a design from don c for a shoe and inquired about the brain trust don c gathered while being around ye's fashion conquest before adidas.

Epic fail,.....mr ball.

Game set match.

Now, you better hope your son does not become Tobey bailey one two and three.

Art Barr

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who say "if it had a different logo you'd like it" really don't understand the psychology of it. Of course you might like something better if it has certain logos. You know why? It's because you perceive that logo to represent a certain level of class, quality and/or coolness. A Fubu and a Polo shirt have two different levels of brand worth and quality assumption. Nike has a certain prestige level, largely due to the quality work that they have put in over decades. You can't come out the gate with iffy stuff and expect to consistently be held in a high regard for decades. The urban designers of the 90's learned this the hard way.
Do YOU understand the psychology of it? Where do these perceptions and assumptions come from? Or do you really Believe Gucci products are made with the best quality materials and craftmanship? If so, why? Have you been in a factory? Or has Gucci brand recognition in society altered your perception? Without you even knowing it. I don't know if you think you're arguing against me or not. But I am absolutely saying the Gucci logo on the same shoe will give the appearance of class and quality and ppl WILL pay $495. For. The. Exact. Same. Shoe.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
BTW, you idiots trying to argue that luxury designer labels charging a high price just because they are a luxury label know NOTHING about why they arrive at those prices. Absolutely NOTHING.
Really... I'd legitimately like to know. I'm being dead serious. That is the main reason I don't mess with designer clothes. I don't understand logically why it costs so much outside of exclusivity.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Really... I'd legitimately like to know. I'm being dead serious. That is the main reason I don't mess with designer clothes. I don't understand logically why it costs so much outside of exclusivity.

These high end luxury brands use higher quality materials, patented techniques and exclusive technology to create the pieces they make and those things cost money. Yes there is a such thing as a markup but these luxury brands are able to charge higher prices based off the reasons I listed.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
These high end luxury brands use higher quality materials, patented techniques and exclusive technology to create the pieces they make and those things cost money. Yes there is a such thing as a markup but these luxury brands are able to charge higher prices based off the reasons I listed.
Ok... but is the increase in quality equivalent to the increase in price. Or is the increase in quality nominal while increase in price is exponential.

Like how in the hell can you justify charging hundreds of dollars for things like flip flops and t-shirts?

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Ok... but is the increase in quality equivalent to the increase in price. Or is the increase in quality nominal while increase in price is exponential.

Like how in the hell can you justify charging hundreds of dollars for things like flip flops and t-shirts?

Depends on the brand TBH. My main point is that luxury brands use greater quality products to create their merchandise. For people to say you could just slap a Gucci logo on a BBB shoe and still charge a high price is missing the point

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Remember them bootleg ass Tommy Hil and GUESS jeans the bootlegger would be out in the streets selling?
:russ:

This one cat used to say "homie i got what you neeeeeeed!!"
:lolbron:

"NO! That is NOT what I need!"
:colehuh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Depends on the brand TBH. My main point is that luxury brands use greater quality products to create their merchandise. For people to say you could just slap a Gucci logo on a BBB shoe and still charge a high price is missing the point

Problem is the higher quality material where the product is manufactured may costs more, but not what you think.

Let's say they pay 2 dollars for leather A (the basic shyt)
Leather B may cost 4 or 5 dollars. Tru story

I've had the pleasure of going to a factory where a popular shoe was made years ago. These mufukkaz are ordering shyt from the same suppliers breh. Don't believe a lot of the hype. Yes, some do use higher quality grades of cotton. leather, etc but the difference in price isn't close to what the markup of the "higher" end brands are. Met some cats that had some Polo shirts galore which I thought were fake, but these mufukkaz actually got em straight from the damn factory by nefarious means. Copped 10 for 50 bucks :laff:

The same "bootleg" Jordans and other shyt are made with the same materials, but the workers do that shyt on the "side" and get paid more to make the "knockoffs" than the real which is pathetic. They have to use whatever boxes are available though to store them. Black Market over there is HUGE business.

So while you can feel the difference in some premium articles of clothing, there are legitimately lots of brands using the same shyt but throwing on a different logo and collar tag man. You can eat like a mufukka going overseas and copping premium gear for the low instead of the rediculous prices we get in stores.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How so? Are you saying the hood wouldn't eat these up if they were released as Gucci's the way they did Prada sneakers? :dame:

*If the BBB didn't exist. Obviously you can't fool them now. :comeon:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Problem is the higher quality material where the product is manufactured may costs more, but not what you think.

Let's say they pay 2 dollars for leather A (the basic shyt)
Leather B may cost 4 or 5 dollars. Tru story

I've had the pleasure of going to a factory where a popular shoe was made years ago. These mufukkaz are ordering shyt from the same suppliers breh. Don't believe a lot of the hype. Yes, some do use higher quality grades of cotton. leather, etc but the difference in price isn't close to what the markup of the "higher" end brands are. Met some cats that had some Polo shirts galore which I thought were fake, but these mufukkaz actually got em straight from the damn factory by nefarious means. Copped 10 for 50 bucks :laff:

The same "bootleg" Jordans and other shyt are made with the same materials, but the workers do that shyt on the "side" and get paid more to make the "knockoffs" than the real which is pathetic. They have to use whatever boxes are available though to store them. Black Market over there is HUGE business.

So while you can feel the difference in some premium articles of clothing, there are legitimately lots of brands using the same shyt but throwing on a different logo and collar tag man. You can eat like a mufukka going overseas and copping premium gear for the low instead of the rediculous prices we get in stores.

I work in luxury and have worked in retail so I can speak to the difference in quality of materials but also the technology & patents used to make luxury high end products. So while there may be some similarities in how certain products are made or even similarities in certain types of basic materials between brands, there's no way someone can sit here and say the main difference between a brand like Gucci & BBB is the logo. That's simply not true

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
How so? Are you saying the hood wouldn't eat these up if they were released as Gucci's the way they did Prada sneakers? :dame:

*If the BBB didn't exist. Obviously you can't fool them now. :comeon:

You're completely ignoring the quality and workmanship of a high end brand owning their own factories, using the best quality materials and having their own patented techniques for making those high end shoes. You think Lavar got a factory that he owns making #BBB licensed products now? Y'all lookin at the finished product and ignoring everything else needed to make a high end shoe the price that it is

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I work in luxury and have worked in retail so I can speak to the difference in quality of materials but also the technology & patents used to make luxury high end products. So while there may be some similarities in how certain products are made or even similarities in certain types of basic materials between brands, there's no way someone can sit here and say the main difference between a brand like Gucci & BBB is the logo. That's simply not true

What I was referring more to was the markup and the fact that the price differences in material used do not justify the prices on either brand. There are obvious differences between regular and many premium brands. You can feel them and tell off the jump. My thing is that just because you used material that may literally cost 10 bucks more to manufacture doesn't mean that it's price compared to the regular should be 10x as high.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What I was referring more to was the markup and the fact that the price differences in material used do not justify the prices on either brand. There are obvious differences between regular and many premium brands. You can feel them and tell off the jump. My thing is that just because you used material that may literally cost 10 bucks more to manufacture doesn't mean that it's price compared to the regular should be 10x as high.

I mean I get it, the mark up is high with luxury brands. But one thing that people aren't taking about is that when these brands do come out with a price point that's too high & not selling well, these brands have to do markdowns to move products. Do you think Lavar Ball is willing to do a markdown when this shoe isn't selling? No of course not because he's not running a legitimate business. The ZO2 shoes are a marketing scheme run by a con man