First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone on here bought anything or is there an official BBB thread?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, you start a sportswear brand - for your sons - only to have them wear shoes made by one of the three brands you attempted to forge a licensing deal with, a day or two after the unveiling of the first signature shoe.

In your mind, that's good, sound business?

:gucci:

Swear to God this Ball situation is bringing out the insanity in well-meaning pro-blacks. And that's always the case. We back the wrong horse on too many occasions. The first horse is rarely ever the right horse.

And you're right, there is no massa. You're your own massa. So to continue the logic of your own metaphor - what massa in their right mind would buy cotton from another plantation?

:russ:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
So, you start a sportswear brand - for your sons - only to have them wear shoes made by one of the three brands you attempted to forge a licensing deal with, a day or two after the unveiling of the first signature shoe.

In your mind, that's good, sound business?

Swear to God this Ball situation is bringing out the insanity in well-meaning pro-blacks. And that's always the case. We back the wrong horse on too many occasions. The first horse is rarely ever the right horse.

And you're right, there is no massa. You're your own massa. So to continue the logic of your own metaphor - what massa in their right mind would buy cotton from another plantation?
It's obvious that most of the people on this board have never had their own business, and have zero business sense. Just because you own your own business doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want. The buying public are your "boss" and everything you do has to be with them in my mind. If that picture turns away any potential customers then that damages their overall business, every dollar counts when you're in charge of your own ship.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
It's obvious that most of the people on this board have never had their own business, and have zero business sense. Just because you own your own business doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want. The buying public are your "boss" and everything you do has to be with them in my mind. If that picture turns away any potential customers then that damages their overall business, every dollar counts when you're in charge of your own ship.

Honestly, you don't even have to have had your own business to follow the logic.

But I think what this whole situation illustrates is the problem I have with the whole "Be Your Own Boss" mentality that is infiltrating our culture.

Everybody isn't fit to be their own boss.

Just because you have the right intent and the desire to be a "boss", doesn't mean you can be. Some people don't have the true vision (and an idea isn't the same as a vision) and some of the basic knowledge needed to run a real business, and clearly based on some of the posts from dudes here, the core business acumen necessary to even be a Junior Executive at a local low level business is lacking.

We're not all "Bosses" and "Boss bytches".

Some of us are just human. And Lavar is very, very human. In intent, approach, and especially in execution.

Like I said before, I'm all for us collectively backing the right horse - Lavar Ball is the wrong horse, and if his stunts do long-lasting damage, we may have to wait for the memory of him to be washed away before another horse gets the chance to run.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does this work, how much capital did he put in himself? Doesn't it put a lot of pressure on lonzo and the family finances?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
What do you mean "the coli" like it's this uniformed entity with one unified opinion :mjlol:

I don't know what you've read from other posters, I speak for myself, not the entire board. The kids are white. That OK with you?
Can't believe I missed this....the kids are mixed. And yes the coli does have a unified opinion/agenda and you know gotdamn well, anyone who goes against the grain here gets called a c00n or a cac. Facts

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his sneakers have gotten more than enough press in the past few days he'll be ok

Press doesn't = sales

You need to be 100% dedicated. You're telling the public you still have to wear Jordans to be cool not BBB. You won't see Diddy at a club with a bottle of Effen or Grey Goose. He's only drinking Ciroc if it's vodka. If you own a local coffee shop you don't want your customers seeing you in Starbucks.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
C_AhJZ1XkAQYjQa.jpg

:ohhh::mjgrin:

CACs stealing sh*t from black folk, say it ain't so!
ohhh.png
I'm ashamed to say I'd go with the Nike's though :guilty: