First Look At The First Big Baller Brand Sneaker "ZO2" UPDATE: THIS SH*T COST $495

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Dude may have had something if he could have got that price between 100-150

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Lavar.gif

big baller brandin ...makin our endz..smokin big killa gettin high in the benz...

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The ZO2 are a worldwide trending story, yet it's not even available until one month into the NBA season. That is genius marketing, he's on every major sports and sneaker outlet without a penny spent on mainstream media advertising yet!

You guys really think all of the sneakers will be this price? Of course not. There is a reason they won't be available until November. Remember Gucci has shoes from the $395 price range up all the way up to $2k. This is the attention grabber and when the season rolls around the affordable pairs and alternate color ways will roll out and people will cop.

This accomplished four major goals one month before the draft...

A. Now the world knows that the BBB sneakers are on par with every other brand design wise. Lonzo's first shoe is a better looking shoe than the signature shoes of 2 time reigning NBA MVP Steph Curry. In the other threads you guys didn't even think that was possible (Oh he needs to hire designers, logo is trash, he doesn't have the manufacturing connects of Nike, Adidas etc)

B. The other players on the coming into the draft this year now know it's possible to get a dope signature shoe from BBB. I would not be surprised if Lavar has another lottery pick signed before the start of the next season.

C. Lavar just showed that he didnt need the major shoe companies and before Lonzo has even been drafted he has his own signature shoes. Basketball players are amongst the most competitive people in the world, do not think for one second Josh Jackson and Markelle Fultz aren't sitting at home thinking "I want my own shoe too." That will at minimum change how players negotiate their shoes deals from now on, because no one will want to wait 5 years to get their own signature shoe when someone in their draft class comes into the league with their own shoe.

D. He immediately separated BBB from Li-Ning, Starbury's, Shaq's, Olajuwons or the like, hence avoiding the cheap stigma that will keeps many from wanting to rock a new basketball brand. By setting the price point at $500 for the flagship shoe, it's being rolled out as an exclusive brand. While the cost is too high for a basketball shoe (well at least to me personally), when we see anyone wearing them we will automatically assume they "got money to blow" so to speak. And in the era of social media everyone wants to appear like they got it and are living a baller lifestyle. Do not underestimate the power of subliminal manipulation on the masses. If he can get a buyer at Saks / Neiman's etc to bite who's to say the next generation of ZO2 won't encroach on the Raf Simons / Rick Owens lane? Does anyone know what these guys look like? The entire world will know what Lonzo looks like if the Lakers draft him. He doesn't need to replace any brand, just get a small % of the pie and the shoe game is changed forever.

Are you guys really telling me Adidas can sell these for $500 and BBB doesn't have a shot?
11192027ib_14_f.jpg

11229952uw_14_f.jpg

Let this man cook.

:bronknight:

Although I agree with all your points...you might be making Lavar out to be smarter than he really is. :mjgrin:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
:laff::laff::laff:......you clown's are fukking hilarious....:mjlol:....
You laughing but what if BBB is poppin 20 years from now...and Lonzo is a legend and mr laker like magic and Kobe...and shoe line rivals Jordan's...and lavar is seen as a genius

Plus my initials are BBB so I'm rootin for em :mjgrin:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this move is like a random chinese company making a knock off of a macbook pro and charging 5000$ for it and telling people if you can't afford to pay 5 racks for an apple knock off you're poor and it's not for you :heh: :pachaha:

this shyt is gona be a case study for business majors in a year. violating very basic principles of entering a market with a new product. :mjlol:

also how to sabotage your adult sons earnings :huhldup:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brand Black x Wear Testers for $140>>>>
weartesters-brandblack-rare-metal-black-blue-4.jpg

Not a fan of the colorway but the silhouette is solid. Not familiar with Brand Black but they have some good modern basketball designs:ehh:

future_legend_black_side_1280x.jpg

I watched some performance reviews and the tech is there. Some say their cushioning is better than Nike

What Lavar could have done is had Lonzo sign with a smaller company like Brand Black for less money of course but in exchange for equity. That way Lonzo can build that brand while having a stake in it. It's a mutually beneficial relationship. Plus their sneakers are sold by Finish Line. If Lonzo succeeds and either LiAngelo or LaMelo do as well they could push the brand even further and their earning potential is even greater.

BBB is just a bad idea all around from the name to the logo.