First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are you quoting him to son him or something?

59 X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $741.7 $232.1 31.3% $509.7 68.7% 2014

63 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $714.0 $259.7 36.4% $454.3 63.6% 2014

67 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $708.2 $202.8 28.6% $505.4 71.4% 2014

so...6 million dollar difference worldwide...pretty good for a movie disney fans said was straight garbage.

I don't think coming up 6 million dollars short is "easily" surpassing it tho :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you don't like the spider-man flick, which at this point is 3 months ago, let the people who do cook damn lol..Not everything is worth a rebuttal or an argument. And for my spidey brehs who do like the flick, don't get roped into defending it all of the time.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh: i guess that works for everything

I'm saying man this shyt is getting way the fukk outta hand. We're turning this into 2001 Jay Z vs Nas..a beef that has been deeded years ago, about 13 years old and cats STILL fight over it after the two participants no longer give a shyt. To the point where if you even big up the other, you're taking sides. Dudes can't like Nas and Jay they gotta pick a side. Same with this shyt now. I can't like what Sony is doing and what Marvel is doing, I gotta pick sides as opposed to just having likes and dislikes about what both companies are doing with their characters. It's one thing if we're going to have intelligent discussions about it but it's turning into name calling and obnoxious ass smileys

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm saying man this shyt is getting way the fukk outta hand. We're turning this into 2001 Jay Z vs Nas..a beef that has been deeded years ago, about 13 years old and cats STILL fight over it after the two participants no longer give a shyt. To the point where if you even big up the other, you're taking sides. Dudes can't like Nas and Jay they gotta pick a side. Same with this shyt now. I can't like what Sony is doing and what Marvel is doing, I gotta pick sides as opposed to just having likes and dislikes about what both companies are doing with their characters. It's one thing if we're going to have intelligent discussions about it but it's turning into name calling and obnoxious ass smileys
Just wait until DC starts their universe rolling

This place is going to get ugly.:demonic:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just wait until DC starts their universe rolling

This place is going to get ugly.:demonic:

I thought about that shyt for like 2 seconds earlier and shook my head. God forbid a good portion of us enjoy batman v superman or any other flick, we'll be called DC stans..or if any of us dislike them we'll be called Marvel stans. Do not like this message board turn into Reddit or a typical comic book site

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i agree shyt aint that serious :manny:

i liked MOS, i liked TDKR, i liked GOTG

but the war is on, and ya boy prodigal says im a marvel stan so i guess its my duty to defend them :blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

but the war is on, and ya boy prodigal says im a marvel stan so i guess its my duty to defend them :blessed:

Liked Man of Steel, not a lot but I liked it, didn't like dark knight rises and liked Guardians and Cap..but I also liked ASM 1 and 2 and I'm looking forward to the FF movie and the new DC lineup of movies.

@Prodigal Syndicate only has issues with dudes propping up one movies flaws but ignoring those same flaws in another movie and I agree with that. It's weird when people do that and seems like they just don't want to like something as opposed to having actual issues with it. When people are in the guardians thread saying that the movie had weak villains (and there have even been a couple articles written on the subject), cats throw stones at them and say they're haters yet those same posters were in this thread saying that this movie had weak villains and got crucified for it. Then someone said "well, Guardians isn't really about the villains" fair point and I agree but Amazing spider-man and any spider-man story for that matter minus a couple are ever about the villain. They're always about Peter Parker and what's going on in his life. But it's ok if one movie does it and not if another does it..that rings false to me

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Youre correct it aint that serious, im having fun outchea.

Im just tired of it and decided to do to them what theyve been doing.

Disney stans entering threads about movies not even out yet labelling it trash and then going to movies, finding anything they can to back up their belief to make themselves look justified.

"I told yall this would be trash when they picked maroon instead of red for his cape" :troll::troll:

Then when you call them out they dissappear or start crying youre a hater with no life whos unhappy. Which is ironic because it applies to them.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Youre correct it aint that serious, im having fun outchea.

Im just tired of it and decided to do to them what theyve been doing.

Disney stans entering threads about movies not even out yet labelling it trash and then going to movies, finding anything they can to back up their belief to make themselves look justified.

"I told yall this would be trash when they picked maroon instead of red for his cape" :troll::troll:

Then when you call them out they dissappear or start crying youre a hater with no life whos unhappy. Which is ironic because it applies to them.

Right that's the problem. Very few people on here will admit they were wrong about their initial feelings toward a movie. Very few

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug:

i guess do what yall gotta do

I'm not taking up a flag or anything breh I'm just stating where I agree with him and that's not just for comic book flicks but any flick. Same shyt with Transformers and Pacific Rim..I can't say I've liked any Transformers film enough to say "that was dope" although the 3rd did kinda win me over but it was still meh. I wasn't a fan of Pacific Rim at all but I know it has its fans and that's cool but what bothered be is when fans of it would hear that Pacific Rim had meh dialogue, one dimensional characters and a meh plot and their response to that criticism? "well it's a movie about robots fighting monsters, it's supposed to be big dumb fun" yet when Bay provides that in all four of his transformers movies, it's a sin against God and he's awful and raping childhoods with precision. :why: So when Del Toro does it it's all good and fun but when Bay does it, it's deplorable

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im catching up on movies i missed during the school year, saw this on monday, dont really have anything new to add

the peter/gwen storyline was done very well, harry was great, the action/CGI was all incredible

but the overall plot (besides peter/gwen) felt cheap and mushed together. it didnt make me care about the sinister six which is what they were going for. why is harry even recruiting, to fukk the city up? spider man disappeared (as far as he knew at the time). i dont understand how electro got out of the prison or how they were holding him. and no im not like that idiot in the MOS thread saying he needs a scientific explanation for why supes can fly :lolbron: but for a superhero franchise with so much science they need to do a better job of explaining science, despite it being a comic movie.

im hoping it will come together the next movie since theyll actually have a good villain in harry and maybe ock.... and MJ will be in the mix... i watched divergent too and shailene woodley should be decent as mj :manny: this was an entertaining summer blockbuster but it still feels like they blew a big opportunity...

at the same time it might be harder to make a focused movie for spidey.... spidey is "juggling" a lot more than the other big ones like bats and supes.... so the movie is going to feel mushed together... but they could have done better.

oh and :camby: to anyone saying that the movie should have ended after gwens death... .no summer blockbuster is ever going to have a depressing ass ending like that, especially with how attached the audience is to gwen and peters relationship. i was actually upset because i thought the movie was about to end :heh: . having said that, the real ending did feel too rushed

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Movies aren't "wack," but they certainly are average. Which is a shame cuz Andrew Garfield is already better actor than Tobey McGuire ever will be, and is a way better Spiderman.

What a waste.
now im no comic book reader or anything...and garfield is certainly a better actor and has a million times more charisma than macquire can ever dream of.. but i think he's a bit too charsmatic to be a nerd . kinda like CGM was too cool and 'pretty' to play carrie.. this dude doesn't seem all that nerdy to me.. whereas tobey is awkward in everything.

so i guess i'm saying i prefer tobey because he's a better peter parker to me..but garfields more fun

jesus christ what kinda geek have you brehs turned me into :snoop:

i'm about an hour into this film..had to turn it off before i went to dinner..will be back with thoughts :jawalrus: