First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
now im no comic book reader or anything...and garfield is certainly a better actor and has a million times more charisma than macquire can ever dream of.. but i think he's a bit too charsmatic to be a nerd . kinda like CGM was too cool and 'pretty' to play carrie.. this dude doesn't seem all that nerdy to me.. whereas tobey is awkward in everything.

so i guess i'm saying i prefer tobey because he's a better peter parker to me..but garfields more fun

jesus christ what kinda geek have you brehs turned me into :snoop:

i'm about an hour into this film..had to turn it off before i went to dinner..will be back with thoughts :jawalrus:

:smugbond:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just finished it.

i wouldn't call it a bad film.. . it kept my attention for most of it. just semi meh.

i agree that electro was a wack character

i do think the soundtrack choices were really bad.. like they picked a few songs straight out of paper towel/toilet paper commercials

and towards the end the 3 different villains started giving me spiderman 3 flashbacks

but i enjoyed dehaan and garfield in this. and stone was tolerable.

I liked it more than the first ASM.. but i may have to re-watch that as i was so mad they rebooted it so soon during the entire flick :heh:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
i agree that electro was a wack character
Electro in the old script before all the rewrites sounded a lot better, at least his motivation. Since in that script they made it really seem like absolutely nobody gave a shyt about him.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Electro in the old script before all the rewrites sounded a lot better, at least his motivation. Since in that script they made it really seem like absolutely nobody gave a shyt about him.

There's a deleted scene where they show that so it wasn't a rewrite as much as something they decided while shooting they didn't like for some reason. I think it came down to Jamie's interpretation of him tho. Even if they kept the subplot with his moms, he's playing him at a 10 the whole time as max and doesn't come down. He feels more like a cartoon than an actual human being

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Picked up the blu-ray and watched it again. Ten times better than the first, but I still prefer the first two.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bought the blu ray and rewatched it.

Dane dehaan stole this movie. Hes excellent as harry.

My gripe is still jamies portrayal as max. Hes too over the top nerdy. But electros action scenes are well done.

Garfield and stone are so great together. Its going to be interesting how they deal with her being gone.

Im excited for sinister six. I love the cabin in the woods and drew goddard is a comic book nerd so i have faith in him to pull it off. The casting will be key.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

My gripe is still jamies portrayal as max. Hes too over the top nerdy. But electros action scenes are well done.

Garfield and stone are so great together. Its going to be interesting how they deal with her being gone.

Im excited for sinister six. I love the cabin in the woods and drew goddard is a comic book nerd so i have faith in him to pull it off. The casting will be key.

Jamie as max just doesn't work for the movie. He's in a different movie altogether. He and Dr. Kafka

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE

dane was trash in this movie
sure as hell didn't steal it lmao

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
watched it again last night. i wont give my super detailed review like i promised (@MartyMcFly ) but i did like it better upon this watching.

garfield killed the beginning scenes. the whole beginning after the plane sequence was golden. only thing that ruined it was the EXTREMELY CORNY villain. i want to beat my head against the wall every time they show him, i expect steam to come out his ears and his face to turn red sometimes

i didnt like this harry at all, trash to me. lol at his skinny ass overcoming two security guards, isnt he dying? when spiderman denies him blood and flies through the window i expected a close up of him sobbing into a pillow

the writers must have wanted to make jamie as corny as possible :snoop: when he is electro its better

overall it was a nice little movie but too inconsistent to call great. i wouldnt be mad if you said it was good. when its like 5 dollars maybe i'll buy it since i have the 3 old spidermans and the 1st amazing spiderman

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:what: I'm 55 minutes into this movie. Can someone explain if Gwen already knows that Peter is Spider-Man or not? I don't remember if she found out in the 1st movie or not.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I'm going to go on a little rant ( I know nothing about comic books really) but what really upsets me is the end. What kind of powers does Spider Man have? Because I'm watching him getting nuked by a Villain made out of pure electricity and it doesn't seem to really have an affect on him yet he was able to put some power lines together and blast Electro. Other then that I'm actually kind of disappointed that I didn't see this in imax in 3-d in the theatres cause just seeing it in standard definition I was like Wow visually this is awesome