First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I didn't love it...but there were some fantastic action sequences

I get the complaints about dialogue and plotting...there were definitely issues and some real cringeworthy moments...but this is a summer blockbuster...I don't go in expecting that stuff to work...it's based off comic books and cartoons...those dialogues were always going to be corny and the plots ludicrous...it's the nature of the beast

it never reached the levels of transcending your average superhero genre flick like a Dark Knight or even the most recent Captain America...but it was far from bad...it's right in the middle for me.

I ended up enjoying it more because I just like watching spidey work...i like watching the visuals of how his fights progress versus just the normal punching and shooting guns that you get in normal action movies...so it's a built in advantage for the action sequences for me

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
coli poster: "Marvel needs to get these rights back.."

*watches the Thor and Iron Man sequels*

coli poster: "shyt was trash b"

So which is it? Is Marvel Studios doing it right or not? Because from where I sit there's Avengers, the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and LITTLE else to be excited about. Let's be honest.. as bad as Sony and Fox are, Marvel Studios track record isn't too much better :pachaha:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Fam just saw it and while the overall movie was average and at times mediocre, the script is straight fukkin trash.:snoop: Gawd damn, how some of the shyt got cleared to be in this film I'll never know.

Last edited:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I don't know if it's because they are going out in real life, but Peter and Gwen have the better chemistry compared to Tobey and MJ in the Raimi films (could be because I just can't stand Tobey and Kirsten dunst)

I'm a fan of this new series, I enjoyed this movie, Spiderman 2 still holds the crown but this is #2, followed by Amazing Spiderman 1, then Spiderman 1, then Spiderman 3

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
I didn't love it...but there were some fantastic action sequences

I get the complaints about dialogue and plotting...there were definitely issues and some real cringeworthy moments...but this is a summer blockbuster...I don't go in expecting that stuff to work...it's based off comic books and cartoons...those dialogues were always going to be corny and the plots ludicrous...it's the nature of the beast

it never reached the levels of transcending your average superhero genre flick like a Dark Knight or even the most recent Captain America...but it was far from bad...it's right in the middle for me.

I ended up enjoying it more because I just like watching spidey work...i like watching the visuals of how his fights progress versus just the normal punching and shooting guns that you get in normal action movies...so it's a built in advantage for the action sequences for me

its obvious that the more obscure the character or actor personality, the more Marvel feels they need to compensate with a good script and development.

Cap America is probably the least well known avenger, but he got the best script in Captain American 2, followed by Thor, with Loki the GOAT as being my favorite villain in the marvel multi verse so far

On the other hand, Spidey and Iron Man are popular as is, so Robert Downey gets extended screen time to be witty as possible. and Garfield lacks the charisma to be a lead.

This whole new series of Spider-Man just feels like some extreme hipster shyt.

preach

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:wtf: based off mixed reviews of people who usually have horrible taste ?

mafukka go watch the fukkin movie and make up ya own damn mind
Its dudes on this forum who vehemently claim they won't go see Superman vs Batman two years before it is even released.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This whole new series of Spider-Man just feels like some extreme hipster shyt.

at least it didn't try to be like twilight this time, now its trying to be avengers

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
I'm still going to see it since I enjoyed the first one. And reviews on here usually get taken to the extreme so I don't think it's as horrible as some of y'all are making it out to be.

But it looks like I'll have to catch that Cap 2 by myself, everyone I ask hits me with the :usure:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Movie was entertaining, but underwhelming. And too many parts just dragged on and on. Didn't need to be 2 1/2 hours. Spidey's agility, reflexes and awarness :lawd:
It's petty to pick apart every piece of a comic book flick, but some stuff is just :comeon:

Once Electro is defeated in Times Square, they just happen to have a contraption prepared to contain people built of pure energy? :aicomeon:

The power goes out in all of NYC and the only ones in the city that go the site of the energy supplier are Spidey and Gwen? :what:

That last scene with Rhino was one of the cheesiest and dumbest things I've ever seen. :camby:
The whole thing with he kid....Rhino character being straight Beagle Boy status and going through his text messages while Spidey gives the kid a pep talk 50 feet away smh

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Saw it, was 110% better than the first movie, but nowhere near Dark Knight/Avengers level.
Also, the Kafka dude at Ravencroft was played by the same dude who was the bad guy in xXx. Had me like :leon: when I learned it,