Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Switch | Out Now

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Probably due to sheer experience and the leveling benefits of New Game + but I totally WASHED the other two houses in the battle of the eagle vs lion:picard:

I remember it being fairly challenging on my first playthrough on Hard but I literally had 2 teams of 5 spit up and singlehandedly take down the other two houses this time around, pure dominance

I recruited Dorothea into the Blue Lions for more magic and plan on making her a Dancer in the next couple chapters, she finna be cold:banderas:

Also, has anyone managed to develop Flayn into anything other than a squishy healer? Bish finna be put on permanent adjutant status if I gotta keep carrying her through battles:scusthov:

Part of the reason I won't do NG+ till the hard difficulties come out is I feel the game will be way too easy.

I think Flayn be a good gremory for most teams. But I made her a holy knight and she can deal damage for me and obviously she is a great healer. But honestly in my blue lions playthrough Mercedes, Annette and Dorothea are just simply better as far as Magic users are concerned.

My only issue has been Ignatz because he's been my worst unit in both my church and kingdom routes. I tried making him into an assassin but he really can't take a hit both times I recruited him. Plus no reason to use him as a sniper or bow knight since Ashe and Shamir vastly outclass him. At least for me.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Part of the reason I won't do NG+ till the hard difficulties come out is I feel the game will be way too easy.

I think Flayn be a good gremory for most teams. But I made her a holy knight and she can deal damage for me and obviously she is a great healer. But honestly in my blue lions playthrough Mercedes, Annette and Dorothea are just simply better as far as Magic users are concerned.

My only issue has been Ignatz because he's been my worst unit in both my church and kingdom routes. I tried making him into an assassin but he really can't take a hit both times I recruited him. Plus no reason to use him as a sniper or bow knight since Ashe and Shamir vastly outclass him. At least for me.

On my first playthrough I had Ignatz built out as an archer then switched to magic around the intermediate classes. By the end of the game I had him as a mortal savant who used bows, magic, and a levin sword. since i had him equipped with a staff that boosted the range on magic, I used him as a mid-long range finisher who could still get kills up close if the matchup was right, but I kept him off of the front lines since his Def wasn’t the best. He wasn’t some OP beast character but definitely a really solid, versatile unit. I feel like he’d definitely be better as a pure mage rather than an archer tho

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I benched that fukkin nerd on Eagles, Church, and Lions routes. When i run through Deer this geek gonna be on the sidelines again too!:hhh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
On my first playthrough I had Ignatz built out as an archer then switched to magic around the intermediate classes. By the end of the game I had him as a mortal savant who used bows, magic, and a levin sword. since i had him equipped with a staff that boosted the range on magic, I used him as a mid-long range finisher who could still get kills up close if the matchup was right, but I kept him off of the front lines since his Def wasn’t the best. He wasn’t some OP beast character but definitely a really solid, versatile unit. I feel like he’d definitely be better as a pure mage rather than an archer tho

IMO the Mortal Savant might be the most overrated master class. I honestly don't think its much better then sword master or assassin, especially when you have to put the time into developing reason. I'll give him a shot when I do a Golden Deer playthrough, but odds are he will most likely be benched I kind of hope I'm wrong. Although it could be the case of me getting him later on and having bad luck with RNG level ups.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I benched that fukkin nerd on Eagles, Church, and Lions routes. When i run through Deer this geek gonna be on the sidelines again too!:hhh:

Just looking at the Golden Deer both Claude and Leonie are much better. Claude for his personal class and Leonie as a bow knight. Lorenez, Lythesia, Marianne and Flayn are all better magic users. So the time developing reason won't make too much plus Dorothea should be an easy recruit so add her as well. Which kind of leaves really assassin as the only role that makes sense. But then again I might as well just put in the time to recruit Petra who is amazing and is much better in the assassin role.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just looking at the Golden Deer both Claude and Leonie are much better. Claude for his personal class and Leonie as a bow knight. Lorenez, Lythesia, Marianne and Flayn are all better magic users. So the time developing reason won't make too much plus Dorothea should be an easy recruit so add her as well. Which kind of leaves really assassin as the only role that makes sense. But then again I might as well just put in the time to recruit Petra who is amazing and is much better in the assassin role.
All my playthroughs i been able to rely on Petra, Lysithea, Shamir, and Dorothea. Last playthrough Ashe, Marianne, Catherine, and Ingrid got a little shine too. This playthrough im just gonna use the same squad i always been usin, recruiting is easy.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
All my playthroughs i been able to rely on Petra, Lysithea, Shamir, and Dorothea. Last playthrough Ashe, Marianne, Catherine, and Ingrid got a little shine too. This playthrough im just gonna use the same squad i always been usin, recruiting is easy.
I do have an idea what the optimal lineup would be, but I want to try all the members of each of the houses so I'll be ready when the more difficult modes get added in.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Really cool that it came out a month earlier then they said it would.

Anyone looking for a challenge I would say NG maddening difficulty would satisfy that. I mean I still think NG+ will be challenging, but I would think having access to 3 battles per week would make it much more manageable.

I will eventually try maddening, but I want to finish all 4 routes on hard before I do that.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So who did y'all end up wifing? Manuela been throwing it at me as well as Petra...Only up to Chapter 10 on my first run.

Was torn between Hilda & Lysithea on my first playthrough but went with Hilda to avoid Tyga-like accusations :lolbron:

Will probably go with either Dorothea or Petra on this Blue Lions playthrough since I was able to recruit both of them:ehh:

Didn’t take advantage of the Dancer class on my first playthrough but Dorothea got my squad killin with the multiple attacks:banderas:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So who did y'all end up wifing? Manuela been throwing it at me as well as Petra...Only up to Chapter 10 on my first run.

Silver snow route I married Shamir and for Asure moon I married Ingrid.

Although in my Azure Moon route Dimitri & Dedue we’re paired up. And reading what happens after the end of the game had me:
:mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tried and failed for Edelgard so I settled for Dorothea. In my second playthrough I randomly selected with closed eyes and got Ingrid.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3rd play through on maddening with the eagles. The second mission gave me fits, but since then it hasn't been too too bad.