Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Switch | Out Now

Daps
Even though he’s a total cornball as a kid you better not sleep on Lorenz :ufdup:

I had him as a paladin then Dark Knight and he was one of my best units throughout my Golden Deer playthrough. Didn’t get doubled too often and a lot of times, he’d just tank through stuff. Resistance was pretty high too so I could use him to bait mages to come in close. Once he got that magic AND the lance/sword combo it was a wrap. I put in a lot of work w/ Bow Knight Leonie as well but I’d say Lorenz was the better overall unit in my particular playthrough

Just started a Blue Lions playthrough on New Game+ last night tho:wow:

Blue Lions the GOAT house low-key; you can get EVERY motherfukker in the damn game besides the rival house leaders and Hubert if you play your cards right. Like literally everyone from both other houses, everyone from the church, AND Gilbert who is one of the best armor knights and is Blue Lions exclusive, can all be recruited or just join you automatically at certain points in the story. I've managed to recruit everyone but Ferdinand on my playthrough and now I got multiple bow, holy, dark, great, and falcon knights just running around every map nuking everything in sight :blessed:. Woulda gotten him too if his B support wasn't time gated but he just had to be stubborn despite all the riding boots and flowers I gave him so I roasted his ass with some bologna magic in return once I saw him on the battlefield in Part 2 :demonic:

Probably my biggest gripe about the game so far is just that; if you know what you're doing with the recruiting and skill/teaching mechanics then the game is mostly an absolute cakewalk. Mainly because every student, even the "bad" ones all just wreck shyt once they get their advanced/master promotions; there's no straight up useless trash characters like Karla from Blazing Blade and none of those 1-dimensional scrub thieves/priests who can only lockpick or heal and do nothing else that plagued the older games in this series. Hopefully the new difficulty mode DLC fixes that.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Blue Lions the GOAT house low-key; you can get EVERY motherfukker in the damn game besides the rival house leaders and Hubert if you play your cards right. Like literally everyone from both other houses, everyone from the church, AND Gilbert who is one of the best armor knights and is Blue Lions exclusive, can all be recruited or just join you automatically at certain points in the story. I've managed to recruit everyone but Ferdinand on my playthrough and now I got multiple bow, holy, dark, great, and falcon knights just running around every map nuking everything in sight :blessed:. Woulda gotten him too if his B support wasn't time gated but he just had to be stubborn despite all the riding boots and flowers I gave him so I roasted his ass with some bologna magic in return once I saw him on the battlefield in Part 2 :demonic:

Probably my biggest gripe about the game so far is just that; if you know what you're doing with the recruiting and skill/teaching mechanics then the game is mostly an absolute cakewalk. Mainly because every student, even the "bad" ones all just wreck shyt once they get their advanced/master promotions; there's no straight up useless trash characters like Karla from Blazing Blade and none of those 1-dimensional scrub thieves/priests who can only lockpick or heal and do nothing else that plagued the older games in this series. Hopefully the new difficulty mode DLC fixes that.

Yeah it definitely makes the game easier when you got healers that can actually attack and dont have to promote to use magic. And this is like the only game where archers can attack from close range. New players probably love these changes but i just look at it as unnecessary

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Time related? I was able to get everybody but ferdinand too. I did BE run the first time so i wanted to get the gang back together for my BL play through:sadspur:

I ate more meals, sang more songs, and showered this piece of shyt Ferdinand with all the Riding Boots and Whetstones in the world and he still wouldnt join my squad.:kawhicmon:

Im gonna do like you did and when i see him on the battlefield make sure Byleth is the one that personally kills him:janice:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Leonie coming at Byleth crazy talking about “You don’t appreciate Captain Jeralt!:sadbron:”.
bytch, if you don’t get off that fukk shyt!:childplease:
From the start this bytch talking like she knows your father better than you do. FOH
The worst part for me was

the game decided to do that support convo automatically right after the scene where Jeralt dies:gucci:

I thought maybe it was story related but i guess my support convos just timed at the wrong time.:mjlol:

Daps
Time related? I was able to get everybody but ferdinand too. I did BE run the first time so i wanted to get the gang back together for my BL play through:sadspur:

I ate more meals, sang more songs, and showered this piece of shyt Ferdinand with all the Riding Boots and Whetstones in the world and he still wouldnt join my squad.:kawhicmon:

Im gonna do like you did and when i see him on the battlefield make sure Byleth is the one that personally kills him:janice:

Yea I found out the hard way that him and a few others B support is locked out until part 2 of the story begins... problem is once the war starts in part 2 you can't advance support with anyone from the opposing houses/armies that you didn't already recruit. So you can't use the B support to bypass the stat and skill requirements to get those guys if they're not in your house already. Caspar is the same way but I luckily crammed in 2 brawling faculty training sessions in on the last free day of part 1 to grab him the normal way last minute. :whew:

And there's like 1 or 2 characters that leave for their original territory/army even if you DID recruit them, but luckily can be re-recruited once you beat them in battle (although the game still gives you the option to kill they ass right then and there if you're so inclined :demonic:). Got worried I was gonna have to send Lorenz to the shadow realm along with Ferdy, but luckily he saw reason and joined back up with Blue Lion/Faerghus gang once I beat some sense into his ass :ufdup::russ:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea I found out the hard way that him and a few others B support is locked out until part 2 of the story begins... problem is once the war starts in part 2 you can't advance support with anyone from the opposing houses/armies that you didn't already recruit. So you can't use the B support to bypass the stat and skill requirements to get those guys if they're not in your house already. Caspar is the same way but I luckily crammed in 2 brawling faculty training sessions in on the last free day of part 1 to grab him the normal way last minute. :whew:

And there's like 1 or 2 characters that leave for their original territory/army even if you DID recruit them, but luckily can be re-recruited once you beat them in battle (although the game still gives you the option to kill they ass right then and there if you're so inclined :demonic:). Got worried I was gonna have to send Lorenz to the shadow realm along with Ferdy, but luckily he saw reason and joined back up with Blue Lion/Faerghus gang once I beat some sense into his ass :ufdup::russ:
Im so mad at ferdinand that im gonna kill him again when i do Golden Deer. He was a coward anyway while Petra was about that action:birdman:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I did the BE run first. I used renown on my second playthrough to buy everyone up to support level B so they joined again. On my Golden Deer run I recruited everyone possible. If I ever do a Blue Lions run I'll just buy everyone back again.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I did the BE run first. I used renown on my second playthrough to buy everyone up to support level B so they joined again. On my Golden Deer run I recruited everyone possible. If I ever do a Blue Lions run I'll just buy everyone back again.
I used my renown on professor level and statues. For my golden deer run i should be good to use it for recruits:fiftysmile:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finished Blue Lions route.

Edelgard thought she was slick, Dimitri shrugged off that stab wound like a super goon:lupe:

All i got left is Golden Deer to have all the routes done. Gonna take a break before i start it tho. Astral Chain lookin like a buy:wowspur:

179 hours so far for Three Houses. Def got my moneys worth with this one:wintendo:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm about halfway into this Golden Deer run and these dudes could not be more different from the Blue Lions :mjlol:

even when you recruit Lions into the class they immediately on some "wtf is WRONG with yal? :mjtf:" shyt

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I hated Lorenz at first because he was shyt. Now that he is a Dark Knight he is actually useful despite being slow.

Still annoying that certain classes stop you from using magic.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Finished both Black Eagles routes.
Took me 105 hours
Much prefer Crimson Flower to Silver Snow personally but maybe that's cause I wasn't a huge fan of the monastery characters.

Felt like the last 2 maps in Crimson Flower were much harder but that might be cause I had a better hang of things the second time around.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Probably due to sheer experience and the leveling benefits of New Game + but I totally WASHED the other two houses in the battle of the eagle vs lion:picard:

I remember it being fairly challenging on my first playthrough on Hard but I literally had 2 teams of 5 spit up and singlehandedly take down the other two houses this time around, pure dominance

I recruited Dorothea into the Blue Lions for more magic and plan on making her a Dancer in the next couple chapters, she finna be cold:banderas:

Also, has anyone managed to develop Flayn into anything other than a squishy healer? Bish finna be put on permanent adjutant status if I gotta keep carrying her through battles:scusthov: