Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fact that theres not as much emphasis on social stuff makes it more interesting actually

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The fact that theres not as much emphasis on social stuff makes it more interesting actually
I mean its not like it was required much in 3H. Only thing was dining and training. And you can look up a guide for lost items and gifts to maximize support levels.

There was no reason to be even doing tea parties on hard or normal :ufdup:

On maddening doing some was needed to get Byleth's charm up to maximize their use of Battalions otherwise their use of could have mixed results. But I know most of you weren't about that maddening life.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I was gonna say that headline seems kind of clickbaity:patrice: Then I go on to read that the reviewer has only ever played 25 hours of Three Houses out of all the Fire Emblem games:comeon:

Overall from what I've seen in the previews, this should be a pretty good FE game :ehh: Really liking the upgrades to the UI, visuals, and animations. Will be the perfect swan song game for my Switch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was gonna say that headline seems kind of clickbaity:patrice: Then I go on to read that the reviewer has only ever played 25 hours of Three Houses out of all the Fire Emblem games:comeon:

Overall from what I've seen in the previews, this should be a pretty good FE game :ehh: Really liking the upgrades to the UI, visuals, and animations. Will be the perfect swan song game for my Switch

Remember he didn’t like midnight suns either :yeshrug:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

He sure loved 3 Houses :pachaha:

Man prob didn't play past the timeskip.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
From what I’ve read it seems like this is more like the OG Fire Emblem’s…that’s a plus for me

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Previews are up:

The Somniel (Engage's equivalent to the Monestary in FE: Three Houses)
- Not as intrusive as the Monestary
- Gives you bonuses and items that you can use in your next battle
- Offers nice bonuses (HP increase for eating a meal, Strength increae for working outm etc) but the game finds a nice balance to where you don't feel like you're completely missing out if you skip this and just drop into the next battle.

Gameplay
-The Weapon Triangle is back after a brief absesmce in FE:Three Houses (Swords>Axes, Axes>Lances, Lances>Swords)
- A weapon advantage (i.e Sword>Axe) in Engage means you are more likely to BREAK an enemy and completely prevent them from counter attacking until their next turn
-Emblem Rings - Take the form of Protagonists(Major and Minor) from previous FE games. The equipment offers stat boosts and extra skills for your unit
- Each Emblem RIng offers a different niche that can be used in battle (Michaiah from Radiant Dawn giving powerful healing abilities, Sigurd from Genealogy and the Holy War offering more mobility to your unit)
-Emblems offer passive skills and stat boosts but their strongest skills are when you engage with them. Engaging emblems mergers your unit with the emblem and allows you to ue legendary weaponry and skills from Protagonists in previous games
-You can merge rings to create rings of higher rarity and unique skill/stat boosts taht you can't get anywhere else
-There's an Engage Meter that can only be recharged via active combat and healing for Clerics
-The Engage Meter and revamp of the Weapon Traiangle means the game encourages aggressive tactics.

Diffculty
- Enemy AI is a lot smarter in this game than previous entries(NOTE: the person previewing the game played on HARD difficulty)
- The rewind functionis back in Engage (I think this is pretty much standard and expected in modern FE)

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa

- Marth is the first Emblem RIng that you engage with - Enhances abilities with passive and active buffs/ Special moves
- No urgency to engage after selecting the skill since the ability will lasts for 3 turns
- Emblem rings have bond levels that increase when you engage with the ring. New skills/abilities unlock as your bond increases
- After Level 5 your squad can inherit bonding skills (i.e have the ring equipped to one character but use skills learned from bonding with that ring to another character)
- You can hold down B to Zoom through character animations on the battle field
- You can press + and completely skip the enemy turn/animations, getting you right back into action
- Engage has fully voiced dialog
- Chacter and unit animations are a step up from previous entries, but you can also adjust the camera to have a permanent top-down view

Last edited: