[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have decent singers putting autotune on their voices. Rappers too. Makes you very replaceable. Because anybody can do that!!!!!!

Now Soul ballads are hot due to Adele are labels going to push the sistas who can kill these types of somgs and promote them?

Whole industry is trendy and monkey see monkey do. Going to be funny to see how they play it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:dead: Now white people don't pirate music.

Threads like these always become some sorta indictment of black people whether it's that
their music isn't any good (Hip Hop and R&B) thus it sells less OR we just don't buy any music.
Cats can't it a buck and say Adele is clearly a product of great music, the right skin :mjpls: and a powerful machine.

Like the average black indie singer is gonna catch fire even if the music is fukking fantastic (an trust me, I know several
who fit the bill...)

No no no.... I'm not saying Adele can sing or she's a product of great music. Honestly, I couldnt name a song of her if YOUR life was on the line.

But what I'm saying is take a closer look at Lil Jimmy and Becky. Lil Jimmy may not have the same access as we have because they just dont stray around these channels, also Becky may come from a privileged background so what is $12 or so? At the end of the day, when Lil Jimmy and Becky want something, money really isnt an option for one and convenience may play a role as well.

These are the same people that go camping, hiking, and wake up every morning around 4am to job before the day starts.:yeshrug:

They also have no problem supporting who they like..... I mean you really think a say Taylor Swift stan is gonna come out and shyt on them cuz they like Adele ala say a Kendrick stan thinks he's better than Drake? White folks dont give a shyt about shyt like that:mjlol:

This deeper than rap breh

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is she so marketable? What draws so many people to buying her music?

Even Taylor Swift ain't selling these many records.

its obvious .. she's a bit on the chubby side,average looks and she can sing

welcome to 3 million sold ..

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No way she beats MJ's records. Nobody ever will. Things go too fast for any artist to accomplish that today. The first week/month sales are usually the peak in this day and age. MJ's music, crossover appeal and artistry was unlike anything in entertainment and that kept the greatness sustainable at a unique level.

I'm happy for her though because she really seems like a nice person and does have an above average voice.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are people really that delusional? People are really in here saying that Adele being fat and making depressing music makes her marketable. This is proof that The Coli really makes judgements based on face value and don't apply critical thinking. When they put Adele on the cover of magazines, they only show her face (there was even some outrage over it). You have women of various races that fit the idea of what America views as beautiful.

What it boils down to is Adele selling because she's Adele. The same way Michael Jackson sold because he was Michael Jackson. Whitney Houston sold records because she was Whitney Houston. The artist that sells 10 copies sells those 10 copies because they are them. It's something that's not tangible that compels people to be enamored enough with an artist to make a purchase. That's why every white artist isn't doing Adele numbers. That's why we won't see anyone (regardless of race) do Michael Jackson Thriller numbers. It's something you can't put marketing dollars behind and make it work no matter how big the machine because if they could the music industry would still be booming and sales wouldn't be down across the board.

MufasaChoppa

The Rise & Fall Of Mufasa Choppa
Daps
Reppin
L.A , California
No way she beats MJ's records. Nobody ever will. Things go too fast for any artist to accomplish that today. The first week/month sales are usually the peak in this day and age. MJ's music, crossover appeal and artistry was unlike anything in entertainment and that kept the greatness sustainable at a unique level.

I'm happy for her though because she really seems like a nice person and does have an above average voice.

never say never.

And Thriller for damn sure didn't sell 3x plat in its first week :dame:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
While, I like 21 and Skyfalls:yeshrug:

...THEY've set her on pace to break OUR GOAT:mj::rip: record:mjcry:

HISTORY, Rinse and Repeat:wow:
:shaq2:

Thriller sold 10million in the US in a year..hell I haven't confirmed this but I have read that Thriller sold another million copies within 5 days the Triller music video was shown on MTV...and Thriller had already been out for almost 2 years by that point :wow:

The immediate effect of Jackson's breakthrough was to boost the sales of Thriller into the stratosphere. The 25-year-old's second solo LP for CBS became the biggest-selling album in the history of CBS Records. By November, it had sold 16 million copies worldwide and 10 million in the U.S. alone. It had also become the first nonsoundtrack LP to spawn five Top Ten singles: "The Girl Is Mine," "Billie Jean," "Beat It," "Wanna Be Starting Something" and "Human Nature," with "P.Y.T." looking to make it six.

Read more: The Year in Music: 1983
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The album came out November 30 1982 for the people who didn't know :wow:

Last edited: