[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Usually i don't get too much into sells, but jesus christ that is ridiculous.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
You got a black man like Tyreese singing his ass off and can't break a milly and here comes this white lady using a ton of reverb on her single and people go crazy like she a fukking singing goddess. Same with the other white singers like Taylor Swift. Black singers can't break gold these days but let a white singer make the same song and get praised and played on urban radio 24/7...smh...

:stopitslime:

White privlage is real.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
You got a black man like Tyreese singing his ass off and can't break a milly and here comes this white lady using a ton of reverb on her single and people go crazy like she a fukking singing goddess. Same with the other white singers like Taylor Swift. Black singers can't break gold these days but let a white singer make the same song and get praised and played on urban radio 24/7...smh...

:stopitslime:

White privlage is real.

ur still a fakkit
but I cosign this post.

+ rep

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

DJDONTNOBODYPAYME

- 8ball Investments™ CEO -
Daps
Reppin
Myself
840Q9o4.png

So Jada really is Top 5 Dead Or Alive huh. That's wassup, shout out 2 Kiss

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I think her thing works well today because in an age where musicians are over marketed to us through eeverything but music as consumers, this is probably a breath of fresh air.

Artists usually blow up in the context of their times imo but listening to her album though. its full of ballads that could have came out in the 80s so maybe you are right lol, its like throwback music
But there are plenty of artist with throwback music who won't even garner 1/25th of the buzz Adele got, even if they were on a major. What seperates Adele?

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
She can sing. But if you can't see the bullshyt here then you're seeing the world thru rose tinted glasses.

This must be what it felt like when Chubby Checker, James Brown, Little Richard watched rock being taken and whitewashed.

That's why I be personally weirded out when some of my homies post pics with her album on some "I just bought greatness" steez. Cacs can feed her ego/wave/fan-base/pockets all on their own (by the millions) without our help. If you – as a black man/woman – like her that much torrent that shyt. And don't even feel bad about it, consider it a free of charge present from Jill Scott to you.:manny:

Edit: I do thank her for making me go back and listen to some tunes I haven't heard in a while. Like Fiona Apple, Billie Holiday, Jill Scott, MJ the GOAT. :ahh:
Like, I was watching "Smooth Criminal" and the attention to detail is insane...that's definitely one of the GOAT music videos even compared to the ones today!! :mindblown:

Last edited:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Yall do know that now they factor in streams from subsciption apps.

I wonder how many legit copies she sold.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Who said it was a conspiracy? Responses like yours just make people more upset. Adele can sing, now why is she so popular? We all know talent alone doesn't get you sales. I don't know why you and @tremonthustler1 who are good posters seem obsessed with ignoring the obvious whenever people bring it up. It's like you're offended that something you love also has some built in advantages. Every artist is marketed a certain way and can hit certain demographics for various reasons.Unlike the people on here, I bought Adele's last album and I can admit her privilege, why can't you guys? You sound like the people who said the MMLP selling the most had nothing to d with race until Eminem admitted it himself on the Eminem Show.

I don't get anyone in this thread. I don't get the people acting like she cannot sing and I don't get the people acting like her being white, nice and plain does not help her. Susan fukking Boyle was doing units at one point and you're going to act like a white person marketed right with a voice does not have the highest ceiling in music?
I don't know why posters are in denial about the racial angle. Especially on a forum that'll label damn near any Black artist who sells records and gets alot of love an "Industry Plant". Yet if Adele or any White artist sells records and we point out a racial angle, then we're just

:umad:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
But there are plenty of artist with throwback music who won't even garner 1/25th of the buzz Adele got, even if they were on a major. What seperates Adele?

She's talented, white, blonde...and fat enough that when she came through at the first climax of this fat acceptance, feminism era she became a symbol of the fight tumblr AND real women were embarking on. The fight against the superficial skinny/hot singer/sensual status quo.

Adele is white people saying: "We recognize talent and cherish it regardless of how it looks even if it looks a lot like us, gosh those blue eyes are beautiful xD!!!!".

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
When have I said it doesn't help that she's white?

She was white when she recorded 19. She was white when she recorded 21. She's still white. But there's a HUGE difference between the popularity she had with 19 and what she has now and it's not because the world realized she's white and sings soulful songs. There's more to it than just "cac privilege." The Adele legend really began because she had excellent timing in terms of getting her exposed. If not for a chance appearance on SNL, she'd be Duffy. She'd be Kate Nash, someone ONLY big in the UK and at best she'd do OK here. Same singer, same voice, same package, but she wouldn't have been as exposed.

If it was only as easy as her being white with a good voice, other more critically acclaimed singers and songwriters would have this kind of success but they don't. It's a perfect storm with Adele.

The coli gets very defensive about what Adele does because we look at the shyt we like and we can't figure out why rap & R&B can't do a fraction of these numbers /popularity when it felt like it used to (or moreso this: if you've ever watched shows like Unsung-- and @Wacky D and @Blackthoughts can attest-- many of these slept on acts that seemingly only Black people know didn't need to be fellated by the industry to sell reasonably well.) We never got angry when white acts would routinely sell crazy numbers because it felt like Black acts in some way were being taken care of. It doesn't feel like that anymore. NSYNC was doing 10 mil every time out. It was shrugged off more than this because everybody was eating. Ain't like that now, and this board gets mad at Adele of all people. Quite odd.
Not necessarily. Groups going back to New Kids On The Block were getting called out for selling because they were White. And this was back when Michael Jackson, and Whitney were selling. We always got angry and defensive, because we knew the truth about the history of the industry, and how they treated Black artist.