Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The whole point of Tifa is to be a waifu. I mean look at her design. Hell Final Fantasy VII is basically anime. The entire main cast is a bunch of anime tropes.

I expect Aerith to act like that, not tifa. It’s just the way japanese write their games and dialogue, all their mannerisms are just very japanese

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats why im looking more forward to this over rebirth. I really cringe when i hear that super weeby-waifu writing they do. It didn’ come off that way on ps1 but now seeing tifa giving the peace sign and leaning over is annoying.

Yeah this got a westernish kind of mature feel to it. I ain't seen a tropey animeish character yet. Combat the only thing concerning me at this point. This shyt look like a classic elsewhere.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah this got a westernish kind of mature feel to it. I ain't seen a tropey animeish character yet. Combat the only thing concerning me at this point. This shyt look like a classic elsewhere.

Despite the lack of black people :mjpls:

I’m looking forward to actually playing as older characters again also. Playing as teenagers in these rpgs is so boring. My favorite FF stories are always the ones with older characters and political centered storylines, nations at war, kings being stabbed in the back shyt.

Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII, FF4, etc

GrudgeBooty

Rookie
Daps
thats why im looking more forward to this over rebirth. I really cringe when i hear that super weeby-waifu writing they do. It didn’ come off that way on ps1 but now seeing tifa giving the peace sign and leaning over is annoying.
That's funny, that's the exact reason I'm not looking forward to it. I'm worried it might just be a bad Game of Thrones clone. I mean writing medieval fantasy is REALLY easy to fukk up. I really really prefer the "weeby-waifu" jrpg style. Those are so fun! And upbeat! And quirky! Like in Dangaonpa, they all have their "gimmick" and, when that defining personality trait collides with someone else's personality trait, you get some pretty funny, creative, over-the-top, fun interactions. Just my two cents.

Then again, I thought that FF15 was the most average and mundane game I ever played. I wasted so many hours thinking it would get fun and then I beat it and all I could say was "meh" And FF 13 made me want to kill myself and engulf the world in a fiery inferno of rage and anger and maybe steal 65 bucks out my dad's wallet to make up for the money I spent on it.. So maybe I'll like this new one better? I'll wait for Arcadium impressions! But don't try and trick me to make Sony look good tho cuz I'm affiliated with NBA Youngboy. and we don't play

PS: : I stole 70 from my dad. The extra ten was for the gas I wasted getting to Gamestop. And I blessed a homeless dude with 50 cents and he smoked me out in the alley behind the shopping center. So it all worked out in the end, ya know!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Then again, I thought that FF15 was the most average and mundane game I ever played. I wasted so many hours thinking it would get fun and then I beat it and all I could say was "meh" And FF 13 made me want to kill myself and engulf the world in a fiery inferno of rage and anger and maybe steal 65 bucks out my dad's wallet to make up for the money I spent on it.. So maybe I'll like this new one better? I'll wait for Arcadium impressions! But don't try and trick me to make Sony look good tho cuz I'm affiliated with NBA Youngboy. and we don't play

But everyone says the writing and story are the strong point of this game so far. Apparently FFXIV has really good story expansion that do this kind of writing really well, so i don’t expect it to be Shakespeare in the park.

Also, are you equating FF16 to the Matsuno/‘mature’ FF? To me, anything Nomura touches falls within the weeb realm and im just over his writing at this point. Its convoluted and immature

GrudgeBooty

Rookie
Daps
But everyone says the writing and story are the strong point of this game so far. Apparently FFXIV has really good story expansion that do this kind of writing really well, so i don’t expect it to be Shakespeare in the park.

Also, are you equating FF16 to the Matsuno/‘mature’ FF? To me, anything Nomura touches falls within the weeb realm and im just over his writing at this point. Its convoluted and immature
Ya know, I figure I'd go in almost blind to the game. When I start watching videos and reading previews I get impatient waiting for the game to come out. So I'll trust your judgment over mine

That's good to hear about the story, I actually like fantasy books like The Witcher and of course game of thrones books or adventure and war books like The Illiad.

Hmmm, I see what you mean about immature and convoluted. I don't mind immature because that can be funny and charming. But, not just Nomura, I see a lot of convoluted plots in JRPGs. Like I loved Tales of Arise, but I honestly have no idea what happened in the final 2 hours of the game, and I have no idea what the characters accomplished lol.. Also I still don't understand why I had to fight Hitler in Persona 2 Innocent Sin. I could go on for paragraphs about convoluted plots actually!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ya know, I figure I'd go in almost blind to the game. When I start watching videos and reading previews I get impatient waiting for the game to come out. So I'll trust your judgment over mine

That's good to hear about the story, I actually like fantasy books like The Witcher and of course game of thrones books or adventure and war books like The Illiad.

Hmmm, I see what you mean about immature and convoluted. I don't mind immature because that can be funny and charming. But, not just Nomura, I see a lot of convoluted plots in JRPGs. Like I loved Tales of Arise, but I honestly have no idea what happened in the final 2 hours of the game, and I have no idea what the characters accomplished lol.. Also I still don't understand why I had to fight Hitler in Persona 2 Innocent Sin. I could go on for paragraphs about convoluted plots actually!

Which is what has turned me off from a lot of JRPG’s in recent years, it just gets too silly in the second half. I don’t mind something layered or complex, but it still has to serve a purpose to the story or world building.

What a lot of rpgs do is just making things more complicated or over explaining things to the detriment of the narrative. Then you fight god in the end

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Which is what has turned me off from a lot of JRPG’s in recent years, it just gets too silly in the second half. I don’t mind something layered or complex, but it still has to serve a purpose to the story or world building.

What a lot of rpgs do is just making things more complicated or over explaining things to the detriment of the narrative. Then you fight god in the end
What’s the last RPG that you thought had a good story

GrudgeBooty

Rookie
Daps

I understand your point. I wanna recommend Tales of Arise and Tales of Berseira to you. But like I said shyt becomes nonsenical in Arise towards the end, and Bereseria is carried by the characters because after a while it was impossible for me to follow a fukking thing in the story.

I feel like the PS1 and PS2 jrpgs didn't have convoluted plots. I understand Lunar, I understand Persona 1, Sukiodien, Arc The Lad, etc. Maybe with better tech and more storage space the devs think they have to make these grand epic stories? I dunno, I'm an author and you save a lot of time and block bad reviews by keeping it simple but engaging.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk this game looks like it could run on PS4. I’m not impressed at all with the visuals. Hell I even think remake looks better during gameplay sequences.